• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hearing 9 players have handed in or will be handing in notices.

Trying to find out more.
Unfortunately a completely foreseeable outcome of only paying certain players. If you're one to miss out, you'd be off in a shot, it's a complete slap in the face. For the staff as well it's downright insulting, I am shocked there is anyone left with the way they've been treated. Whatever your feelings towards the club, a lot of the staff are fans first, I would say now is the time to turn the screw on Martin, resign and force his hand.

My concern on the wider prospect of a takeover is growing rapidly. Clearly Kimura aren't simply acting out of blind emotion (and who can blame them), else the takeover would have happened by now. What with the traps laid by a decade of neglect by Martin, the smart money must surely now be to walk away. As I mentioned in a post yesterday, the price of fixing the mess is going up and is multiplying rapidly, 9 players to sign is 9 contracts to review and 9 lots of agents fees to pay.

The house (club) is burning down, now is not the time to haggle over how much water (cash) should be used to extinguish it. Ultimately Kimura are well within their rights to haggle, but the time taken to do so will multiply and linger well after any deal is done.

If I were the trust looking on at this, I would say --- it breaks my heart to say so --- time to dust of the phoenix contingencies, there soon may be nothing left to save.

I am hearing 9 players have handed in or will be handing in notices.

Trying to find out more.
CP has Posted a selfie with Kevin Maher at tennis today.

Maher looks happy, relax and chilled. Doesn't have the look of a manager who is about to lose 9 players and over half his squad.

I feel sick 🤢

It’s about to get worse as well…
See post from Medway Blue.
Players walking out? Not sure how it could get much worse than that. Simply can’t see this deal happening now, if so surely Kev and co would have sone assurances If what I’ve asked is accurate that suggest that no deal is close

Unfortunately a completely foreseeable outcome of only paying certain players. If you're one to miss out, you'd be off in a shot, it's a complete slap in the face. For the staff as well it's downright insulting, I am shocked there is anyone left with the way they've been treated. Whatever your feelings towards the club, a lot of the staff are fans first, I would say now is the time to turn the screw on Martin, resign and force his hand.

My concern on the wider prospect of a takeover is growing rapidly. Clearly Kimura aren't simply acting out of blind emotion (and who can blame them), else the takeover would have happened by now. What with the traps laid by a decade of neglect by Martin, the smart money must surely now be to walk away. As I mentioned in a post yesterday, the price of fixing the mess is going up and is multiplying rapidly, 9 players to sign is 9 contracts to review and 9 lots of agents fees to pay.

The house (club) is burning down, now is not the time to haggle over how much water (cash) should be used to extinguish it. Ultimately Kimura are well within their rights to haggle, but the time taken to do so will multiply and linger well after any deal is done.

If I were the trust looking on at this, I would say --- it breaks my heart to say so --- time to dust of the phoenix contingencies, there soon may be nothing left to save.
i for one won’t be supporting a phoenix club. Most of our fan base are ****ing melts bit a chance il trust a fan owned club. For me it’s Southend United football club or nothing

i for one won’t be supporting a phoenix club. Most of our fan base are ****ing melts bit a chance il trust a fan owned club. For me it’s Southend United football club or nothing
I sympathise with that completely, I feel that is why the trust should be right at the front leading that effort. Personally I feel the club isn't a shirt or a league record, its a community and a hope for the future, we should not let one man tear that away from us over his chronic mis-management and contempt for our loyalty

So.. with the club about to die. Players handing in notices. Can we please rally together as a fan base for a proper protest! Outside his house. With a big turn out. It is literally the last chance we get to tell this ****er what we think.
Needs to be done through the proper channels.

Love the enthusiasm but all do respect, this needs to come through the Shrimpers trust.

Contact them, to arrange a date and time and communicate it to their members and followers.

If you contact them and get nowhere, post their reply on here for all to see and go from there.

Time is running out

Love the enthusiasm but all do respect, this needs to come through the Shrimpers trust.

Contact them, to arrange a date and time and communicate it to their members and followers.

If you contact them and get nowhere, post their reply on here for all to see and go from there.

Time is running out
Exactly! Time is running out! I really don't see this as A. The kind of thing the trust will get behind. And B. It' need to happen now. Not in a week's time.

We are going out of business and the quicker we all realise than and act the better chance we have

Time is running out

I concur with this. The trust simply hasn’t put enough pressure on Ron. This is really it now.

Exactly! Time is running out! I really don't see this as A. The kind of thing the trust will get behind. And B. It' need to happen now. Not in a week's time.

We are going out of business and the quicker we all realise than and act the better chance we have
No disrespect to the trust but they’ve done absolutely nothing in trying to force Ron out. All their statements are as useless as Ron’s himself

No disrespect to the trust but they’ve done absolutely nothing in trying to force Ron out. All their statements are as useless as Ron’s himself
Agreed, this is why I think it's a waste of time trying to get them involved.

For all concerned I have just emailed them. Essentially begging them to step up and organise something more than just a few statements.

I absolutely love this club and have ever since I was born. I refuse to let Ron Martin get away with his treatment of us the fans. His staff, and anyone who has to deal with him

with all due respect he (Maher) is at a charity event - what do you expect, a selfie of him sitting in a corner with a gun in his mouth? 😂
Sorry, charity event or not, if your career as a football manager at Southend is about to come to an end there is no way, you would look that happy, relaxed and chilled.

I assume the amount being argued about (gap) between Kimura and Ron financially must be very significant. It would be utterly absurd if it weren’t, as the cost of the damage being done to the club by the delay would far outweigh any “benefit” achieved by playing hard ball.
I would think the current scenario must result in a clear ultimatum from Kimura. The situation is unsustainable…
I am sorry but that is simply not the case . It is a game of poker and Ron is holding a Royal Flush . He will not blink and he will make no meaningful concessions . It is Kimura that faces the clear ultimatum . They either pay the full bid price or they are effectively out of the game . After 25 years of effort Ron will not be shafted and rightly so IMP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back