• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't for sale last time wages were late were we? And to be fair, wages were eventually paid - so the track record is that they will be paid - so if you're otherwise happy at the club you may well trust what has been said. Or you may not! Different players will have their own opinions depending on their own individual circumstances
The last hearing we appear to have given the judge evidence of a sale taking place.

The last hearing we appear to have given the judge evidence of a sale taking place.
but Ron also said he’d pay out of his own pocket (sale of land?). Do we believe he still would if the sale falls thru?

My apologies - got confused - thought we were talking about the players being told club for sale and to sit tight for 2 weeks - but see now it was referring to national league.

It wouldn't have been. It's nothing to do with them (yet).
I would have thought that KM might have been consulted. Don’t understand why you say it’s nothing to do with him yet… or are you reading KM as Kimura maybe. Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

So.. I’m fairly reliably informed that 1) d day is the 12th and players told to wait for that date, and 2) Ron is hellbent on finding the money himself and hanging on.

If ever there was a time to protest to save this club… it is now
I feel sick 🤢

It’s about to get worse as well…

See recent post from Medway Blue

Ron wants to sell!! the deal is there …. I think the closer the 12th gets.. I can see a offer going in …. Hopefully Ron would just have to take a hit on a few things!!
As we stand it’s still with the lawyers

So.. I’m fairly reliably informed that 1) d day is the 12th and players told to wait for that date, and 2) Ron is hellbent on finding the money himself and hanging on.

Players to wait for what though? He doesn't have the money to pay HMRC and pay the players what they are owed and then carry on paying them thereafter. How on earth can the club be sustainable next season with fans refusing to come while he is in charge?

Kimura must be asking for more than he is willing to give up. We all know how stubborn he is and I simply can't see him backing down. His ego is too big for that.

I'm sick and tired of it all now. It's not good for any individual's well-being. Football is supposed to be an escape and this situation is just making things worse for a lot of people.

I think you're right. It's been feeling this way now for a while. Gutted if it turns out that way for I don't see any long term future for the club if this is the case.

Yep, all this "if the deal isn't done by the 12th, I'll sell some land and clear the debt personally" is a load of bull. Selling land also takes time, its not like he can take it to Cash Converters to raise some cash quick! Can't see the judge allowing that as a reason to adjourn unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back