• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a period of time (days ?) before late payment of players wages becomes a breach of contract. I thought we had a period of time to redress the late payment that led to Lopata leaving but didn’t even hit the second deadline ?
I think it’s 28 days, that’s what Kasper used anyway.

I thought the initial verdict was way before 28 days - the appeal was only just after 28 days!
You might be right, I just had 28 days in my head. I’m sure there are others that are better informed than me.

I reckon those who kev needs to keep have been paid, those who he is less keen on may have missed out. Just my opinion.

Just joined the Zone in order to volunteer my professional services as a fully qualified soothsayer . Worked on Brighton Pier in the 1980's . Back then I was called Mystic Meg.
It always helps to know what your future holds.
I am now peering into my crystal ball.
Things are looking a bit fuzzy.
Oh , that's better ,we seem to be located at a racecourse.
A very significant event is taking place.
The 3rd horse , Last Chance , is only now making his way from the parade ring to the starting gate . Classic case of misdirection by Wolfy I would suggest.
Please show respect to your owner, Ron . He is doing his best to sell the club.
I see ugly scenes and raised voices so please refrain from protesting at his home.
Right now it serves no useful purpose whatsoever .
Tom is a good guy and in full control of events . Everything will work out just fine , my crystal ball has never failed me yet .
So , I am here to serve you all and reduce wherever possible the terrible cumulative toll that recent events are having on your mental health.
Keep the FAITH everyone - Blues will survive and one day enjoy great success back in the EFL.

My memory is saying 14 days after the second late payment if the situation hasn't been redressed the breach of contract is confirmed which would tie in with what the players have been told to wait two weeks. In the meantime I think they have to put a letter in so that at the end of the 14 days if they still haven't been paid they can walk. That is my memory of it though which may well be flawed. Mondays correspondence from the players will be a tell all.

So if we aren't thrown out the NL in the next 4 days you can take it that they are happy we can fulfil our fixtures next season. I am sure that the club have been in communication with the NL and have advised them of the situation. Remember, just because we don't know what is going on, it doesn't mean that nothing has been done. People haven't been sitting on their hands waiting for the iceberg to hit.

Similarly, the players will have been spoken to. I would imagine the ones who are least happy are the ones who haven't been paid as that indicates that maybe if they left they are an asset that can be lost.

As for Kev, he doesn't have to do anything different to try and keep everyone together. The end is in sight. Either way, by 12th something will have happened. It would be ridiculous to throw the towel in now. They have all come so far, they've played and been through 3/4 of a season under an embargo. Ron has done what is necessary to keep everything alive; no more. no less and there is still a club to sell. That is important.

My view is that he will probably take it to the brink to see if Kimura want to buy it more than he needs to sell it. And he does need to sell it, for the sake of his health and his family. As I understand it, the ball is very much in his court and even if things get verbally resolved on Monday it's unlikely to be done on Monday or even next week. But I'm very hopeful (that could be my blue tinted optimism).

And as for the protest outside his house, if there is any tiny, tiny part of him that thinks he might just be able to continue this or let the whole thing go bust then it may just cement the fact that there will be so much trouble if it doesn't go through. So maybe now is the time.

The issue for me now is this. Who has made the decision on whom got paid? I’m hoping it wasn’t KM that had to choose as imagine the potential repercussions from the players that were not paid. Talk about being backed into a corner

The issue for me now is this. Who has made the decision on whom got paid? I’m hoping it wasn’t KM that had to choose as imagine the potential repercussions from the players that were not paid. Talk about being backed into a corner
It wouldn't have been. It's nothing to do with them (yet).

They were likely told that last time. Don't think they'd accept it again
We weren't for sale last time wages were late were we? And to be fair, wages were eventually paid - so the track record is that they will be paid - so if you're otherwise happy at the club you may well trust what has been said. Or you may not! Different players will have their own opinions depending on their own individual circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back