• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recap.

1. Club not sold, yet.

2. Some players paid (assets) but most haven’t.

3. Staff not paid (3 months behind).

Happy Saturday folks 🤬

I’m done with SZ for the weekend at least. Personally, I think it gets worse before it gets better, and by that I mean players potentially “doing a Lopata”. Be interesting to see who is there on Monday.

I thought it was when you were two months behind that opens some loop hole but I am not 100% sure

From the guidance, I think it was FIFA website or something, that certainly appeared to be the case, I think it needed to be repeated lateness rather than a one off. But Lapota managed to get his contract null and voided after much less time, I think by the time it became public knowledge the club was already going to appeal, and just before the appeal the wages were brought up to date, from memory around 1 month late.

Out of contract players can obviously walk now. The unpaid players I imagine could start the process of claiming breach of contract - I don't think a legal expert would advise to not turn up on Monday - and from Lapotas experience get a judgement within a couple of weeks

Yep. At one stage, no ****er had received a penny but then a few were eventually paid. Those who could have done a lot of damage by "doing a Łopata". The vast majority have been asked to wait.

A sad and sorry state of affairs.
Outrageous to think that some playing and support staff still not being paid.

Especially when our glorious chairman lives in his big house. Seems he’s quite savvy when it comes to his personal wealth, but everyone else can go **** themselves

From the guidance, I think it was FIFA website or something, that certainly appeared to be the case, I think it needed to be repeated lateness rather than a one off. But Lapota managed to get his contract null and voided after much less time, I think by the time it became public knowledge the club was already going to appeal, and just before the appeal the wages were brought up to date, from memory around 1 month late.

Out of contract players can obviously walk now. The unpaid players I imagine could start the process of claiming breach of contract - I don't think a legal expert would advise to not turn up on Monday - and from Lapotas experience get a judgement within a couple of weeks
Just wait for the next episode of players walking to hurt poor Ron's pride, so that he spunks even more club money down the drain on legal fees to fight said players when everyone around him is telling him he'll never win.....just like with Łopata.

Then there will be even less money to pay wages.

Repeat ad nauseum.

The most depressing bit of this is that it's not what is the best of two options. In the next 2 weeks we could have a bright new future or go out business. It feels that stark!

It's a completely disgusting situation. And I can't stand the man....but if we are to see any glimmer of hope here it's that he's made sure the 'assets' have been paid, so as not to lose them. This suggests he is still trying to sell the club before 12th. At least I really hope and pray

- It’s for 14 days that players have been asked to wait, so the urgency is there around the date of the next court appearance.

- A few posts are suggesting that the potential buyers are taking a bit more time as they need it. Suggestions that it could be rushed if another buyer comes in - but maybe it’s better for the long term for time to be taken here.

- Ron is talking as if it is sold. I do see some credit that he may let the club go bust, but think his safer bet for planning and his millions is to sell. So I think it’s positive that the word sold is used, rather than estate agent from Colchester and refinanced

If I were a player. I would be annoyed of course, but it’s not the club doing this, it’s the owner. I’d give it the 2 weeks and see where it’s at. Another 56 day adjournment and that would be it for me there though. I’d press the button on getting my agent to ask around though.

For the staff - jeez. I can’t start to feel their frustration.

- It’s for 14 days that players have been asked to wait, so the urgency is there around the date of the next court appearance.

- A few posts are suggesting that the potential buyers are taking a bit more time as they need it. Suggestions that it could be rushed if another buyer comes in - but maybe it’s better for the long term for time to be taken here.

- Ron is talking as if it is sold. I do see some credit that he may let the club go bust, but think his safer bet for planning and his millions is to sell. So I think it’s positive that the word sold is used, rather than estate agent from Colchester and refinanced

If I were a player. I would be annoyed of course, but it’s not the club doing this, it’s the owner. I’d give it the 2 weeks and see where it’s at. Another 56 day adjournment and that would be it for me there though. I’d press the button on getting my agent to ask around though.

For the staff - jeez. I can’t start to feel their frustration.
I agree with what you said, although I don’t want no more adjournments on 12th, it’s like us dragging on, while we are slowly dying with life flicking before our eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back