• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to take a guess, i'd say it's the DD that's holding it up. Not so much Ron, himself. They'll know what he's like. But, I would say it's the strange and confusing myriad of companies that are all inter linked !!! Thanks Ron (not !)

Yep, trying to unravel Rons tangled web of companies and SUFC financials will be like trying to decode human DNA.

If I had to take a guess, i'd say it's the DD that's holding it up. Not so much Ron, himself. They'll know what he's like. But, I would say it's the strange and confusing myriad of companies that are all inter linked !!! Thanks Ron (not !)
Absolutely this.

I imagine the current structure and flow of transactions makes Enron look like an auditors dream in comparison.

It's a multi million pound deal, a huge part of which is a mythical stadium which doesn't even have planning permission yet and which RM has been hoping would stay unchanged and in his image despite the fact that a) he'll no longer be involved with the club, and b) the plans as they are don't have the best interests of the club at heart anyway.

It's complicated stuff. I think the potential buyers got excitable at first but quickly found out that it would be much more complex a process than they thought, and have now gone right to the opposite (super cautious) end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
So, 1st July… what does this mean in terms of current player’s contracts and still being unable to sign new players?

Did someone mention there could be a number of players ‘walking’ if a deal not done by today?

Is Bridgy still a SUFC player? Who else is on the critical list, ie: May leave imminently.

So, 1st July… what does this mean in terms of current player’s contracts and still being unable to sign new players?

Did someone mention there could be a number of players ‘walking’ if a deal not done by today?

Is Bridgy still a SUFC player? Who else is on the critical list, ie: May leave imminently.
Ermmmm. All of them ? The terms of their contracts were broken, whilst their wages weren't paid. I fear we'll be back to a Sturrock situation where we'll have 4-5 at the start of the season and will be scrambling around to find some

Is there a period of time (days ?) before late payment of players wages becomes a breach of contract. I thought we had a period of time to redress the late payment that led to Lopata leaving but didn’t even hit the second deadline ?

I think it is a fair assumption personally.

If we are to believe that a price was agreed before DD, then during DD something came up and the proce needed to be renegotiated that could be the issue. Bit like when the searches or survey find something untoward when buying a house, you consider the options, then maybe re negotiate the price or possibly pull out of buying it if it i too bad. Now some will say they have spent 6 figures on DD I would agree, however they are investment bankers and they haven’t made there money buy not having the balls to pull out of the deal is wrong.

Hopefully the latter isnt the stage we are at and I am not saying it is going to happen or thats where we are, I am just speculating with no ITK knowledge at all.

Is there a period of time (days ?) before late payment of players wages becomes a breach of contract. I thought we had a period of time to redress the late payment that led to Lopata leaving but didn’t even hit the second deadline ?
I thought it was when you were two months behind that opens some loop hole but I am not 100% sure

It's a multi million pound deal, a huge part of which is a mythical stadium which doesn't even have planning permission yet and which RM has been hoping would stay unchanged and in his image despite the fact that a) he'll no longer be involved with the club, and b) the plans as they are don't have the best interests of the club at heart anyway.

It's complicated stuff. I think the potential buyers got excitable at first but quickly found out that it would be much more complex a process than they thought, and have now gone right to the opposite (super cautious) end of the spectrum.
If only our current situation and a super cautious approach weren’t mutually exclusive…of course no-one knows what the reasons for the hold up are. And in the void there is little in the way of reluctance to guess (understandably). And this “we can’t be updated because of the NDA” nonsense is insulting, as an update can be given if it’s agreed by both parties to the NDA.
What we can say is that this process places very little importance on the needs of players, management, staff, fans…in the end the seller determines the process…and at some point the buyer has to get the cow over the bucket as Ron will otherwise delay and delay irrespective of the collateral damage (leopards and spots and all that).

So true.…. And that applies to even those who like to regard themselves as ITK ! 99% hot air.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that.

People like @Medway Blue for example knows exactly what is going on. He is certainly a poster that when he is putting information out, it’s worth paying attention to.

There is a couple spouting nonsense however.

When he done that ‘ I’m selling’….I’m a broken man face press conference , just knew he’d ruin any chance of a bright future for us……I fuc…g love this club you idiot, yeah right!

So we got to the 1st July and us fans understand that some players contracts have expired and cant be renewed due to the embargo and secondly players under contract can walk away due to non payment.However due to a total news blackout from the club we dont have a scubby as to what is happening no facts just speculation.

Perhaps it might be clearer on the 12th July when we are again in court when it's in the public domain and RM cant hide but forced to explain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back