• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lord Football is normally very reliable, and if he's heard that the players have been told, then that is what he's heard.
It's also very coincidental that this has come out on payday.

All this is, is to try and keep the players. "Don't worry, you haven't been paid, but the clubs been sold, so wait a bit longer".

I feel so sorry for all shrimpers everywhere. Our life’s involve relationships with all sorts. Family, friends, loved ones etc.
However the one thing we all have in common is our relationship with our club. For all I believe it is equivalent to a marriage. The commitment, the love, the sorrow, jubilation at times and then this!
How can this be allowed to happen? How?
We currently have such strong foundations potentially in the staff, players and management. The strongest for years and one man is going to rip this apart.
Our collective potential is massive, it really is!!

I pray that we all collectively stick together in such adversity and I hope and pray there is a way that the staff, players and management find a way to see this through.

I’m lost at what else to say?? I think I’m lost in all the chaos

I feel so sorry for all shrimpers everywhere. Our life’s involve relationships with all sorts. Family, friends, loved ones etc.
However the one thing we all have in common is our relationship with our club. For all I believe it is equivalent to a marriage. The commitment, the love, the sorrow, jubilation at times and then this!
How can this be allowed to happen? How?
We currently have such strong foundations potentially in the staff, players and management. The strongest for years and one man is going to rip this apart.
Our collective potential is massive, it really is!!

I pray that we all collectively stick together in such adversity and I hope and pray there is a way that the staff, players and management find a way to see this through.

I’m lost at what else to say?? I think I’m lost in all the chaos
I think, if we survive, it will bring us all together and will be great. Just look at Grimsby getting rid of Fenty. On the up now, promotion, then quarters of FA Cup, taking thousands away. Positivity run a mock. Remove the **** and we’re away. It’ll be fun again.

There is also a huge difference between fact (as rare as hen’s teeth on this particular thread) and speculation, or fiction as I like to call it (and that is prolific on here, both positive and negative). Just remember that.

There is also a huge difference between fact (as rare as hen’s teeth on this particular thread) and speculation, or fiction as I like to call it (and that is prolific on here, both positive and negative). Just remember that.
So true.…. And that applies to even those who like to regard themselves as ITK ! 99% hot air.

A question for the legal eagles among us - apologies in advance, this is probably a stupid question but… is any DD undertaken (questions asked, answers given) only available to the bidder who paid for that DD? Or, if there is no exclusivity, could other bidders be made aware of anything turned up in DD paid for by a different bidder?

A question for the legal eagles among us - apologies in advance, this is probably a stupid question but… is any DD undertaken (questions asked, answers given) only available to the bidder who paid for that DD? Or, if there is no exclusivity, could other bidders be made aware of anything turned up in DD paid for by a different bidder?
I'm no expert SS, but I seem to remember that when other clubs were up for sale interested parties had to deposit a sizeable, non-refundable bond if they wanted to have access to the "data room". I'm not sure how common that approach is.

I'm no expert SS, but I seem to remember that when other clubs were up for sale interested parties had to deposit a sizeable, non-refundable bond if they wanted to have access to the "data room". I'm not sure how common that approach is.
Cheers Basil.

It will end at some point and we will all party, hard. But unfortunately we are going to have to suck up everything that’s thrown at us until that beautiful day comes.
Absolutely, but the problem is the longer it goes on the less time we have to bask in our happiness and joy as the reality of how far behind we are will set in.

Absolutely, but the problem is the longer it goes on the less time we have to bask in our happiness and joy as the reality of how far behind we are will set in.
I'm not so sure it will. We might be out of promotion contention, by I can't see it taking so long or getting so bad that we are cut adrift at the bottom of the table. Ultimately, and I've said it plenty of times, as much as nobody wants to stay down here for yet another season........I will gleefully take it if he is gone and the club is no longer an embarrassing laughing stock off the pitch.

This somehow feels more depressing than the trials and tribulations a few months ago. I think where we all thought positive news was imminent, the fact a month later it seems to be getting even worse before it might get better is just even more of a sucker punch. Just absolutely soul destroying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back