• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sponsorship deal means nothing to be excited about. Sponsors got in there quick so they didnt lose the opportunity.
Ron has the power at his fingertips to run this club to ruin in a few days, he loves that power. What a freak he really is. I'm not excited to see everyone back at training, sponsors on board and signs of life at Southend.

If you want a mass protest wait until 12th July then protest outside the court ,show the judges etc what you think of this man .
If the argument is that Ron won't care tomorrow then why would a judge Care on the 12th. When it's to late because they have already wound us up? 🤷‍♂️

Another club sponsor solopress have just extended there sponsorship of the club for another year, that's the second sponsor now to commit to the club for another season.
They also sponsor the Chelmsford Chieftains so have excellent taste.

Unlike Southend The Chieftains are also sponsored by Rossi.

Last edited:
What protest will you join in a few weeks mate? There won’t be a club past the 12th

Poke a bear - Ron is defo no bear. He is a consistent lier. No one will but the club, won’t get relegated, will build a new stadium blah blah blah

He knows he’s been found out, he has no where to hide.

Southend United are bigger than Ron and the whole of Benfleet road will hopefully hear it.

Let’s make so much noise this ‘bear’ can not hibernate.

I like where you are going with this bear metaphor.

I for one am hoping for a Gentle Benfleet.

I completely understand why some want to protest and why others do not so I do not agree with the tit for tac of people saying some dont care if the club dies and others saying it is too late - let each individual make their own decision whether they do or do not without belittling them. The 12th July is a worrying date for us however some of the posters on here are saying it will all be over then but realistically that is not necessarily correct and providing evidence can show how close a potential sale is then it would likely be extended again but I dont think many fans will be able to take another 8 week delay mentally. Every day that goes past it becomes more desperate and you can see that coming through on social media and on here too. We all need an update as to where we are and asap.

What protest will you join in a few weeks mate? There won’t be a club past the 12th

Poke a bear - Ron is defo no bear. He is a consistent lier. No one will but the club, won’t get relegated, will build a new stadium blah blah blah

He knows he’s been found out, he has no where to hide.

Southend United are bigger than Ron and the whole of Benfleet road will hopefully hear it.

Let’s make so much noise this ‘bear’ can not hibernate.

The top line of this is all that needs to be said. Act now or run the risk of no club come July 12th

So earliest will be 3rd July
3 days after a good chunk of our squad can now leave and will most likely leave To secure stable clubs. Embargo isn't going to be lifted instantly once the sale is done so really we are looking at another whole week until we can actually sign anyone...

I fully get why people have these opinions of Ron, but to go so far as to protest outside his house, without really knowing what is happening with the deal, is a stretch too far, in my opinion.

How about the club under embargo for nearly a year.

Staff not being paid for several months and facing homelessness.

The club could be extinct on the 12th July. You know just 13 days away!

All while he swans about in his Bentley and has expensive meals etc.

If that's not worth a protest, I don't know what is.

As for not bringing any changes.

The protests at home to Chesterfield brought about change

The ongoing protests eventually led to Rons family putting pressure on Ron to sell up or at least consider investment.

To do nothing is to be complicit.

We wouldn't have Stan, Tom, John still or the management team had it not been for protesting.

If left to Ron, we would have had no CEO, no scouting network and a merry go round of Sol Campbell like managers.

If you want a mass protest wait until 12th July then protest outside the court ,show the judges etc what you think of this man .
For what purpose? Is that meant to make the judge less or more likely to wind us up?

I can understand the logic behind protesting outside of Ron’s house - i.e directly let him know how you feel/put pressure on. But waiting until the 12th just so the judge can see doesn’t really make any sense.

How about the club under embargo for nearly a year.

Staff not being paid for several months and facing homelessness.

The club could be extinct on the 12th July. You know just 13 days away!

All while he swans about in his Bentley and has expensive meals etc.

If that's not worth a protest, I don't know what is.

As for not bringing any changes.

The protests at home to Chesterfield brought about change

The ongoing protests eventually led to Rons family putting pressure on Ron to sell up or at least consider investment.

To do nothing is to be complicit.

We wouldn't have Stan, Tom, John still or the management team had it not been for protesting.

If left to Ron, we would have had no CEO, no scouting network and a merry go round of Sol Campbell like managers.
You assume. Like I've said, I don't agree with his treatment of all club stakeholders, I think it's more than wrong.

I'm just saying that protesting right now, won't actually change anything...

Ron's not going to sell up anytime soon, we're all wasting our time refreshing the OS and SZ each day, i bet he has a little chuckle at us lot ranting. Just an opinion but i dont believe he cares when it all goes through, just as long as it suits him.
He's obviously really come down hard on gossipers from club insiders, no one can say a thing about the deal.
He'll take us to the brink and pull out another wad to just about keep things ticking over.
Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if he got money out of the bidders to help keep club running either.
All of what i write is just an opinion, the reasons for my thinking is this has been his way of SUFC business for years has it not. Great fun.

Well done anyone that joins a protest, he deserves it. Having the power to affect other's lives by witholding payments, then to drag out this takeover since March whilst running the club into the ground even more takes some doing.

Damnit ive just written Friday rant.
I'd love to bump into Martin around town..
He will end up with Nothing but bankrupt if he carry on. Would his family want to face hell from hundreds of angry and upset SUFC fans every day outside their home, after their so called Dad/Husband/Uncle/Grandad Ron, that killed the club.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back