• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been established that Ron is a narcissistic sociopath. This means a few blokes/ladies turning up hurling abuse with a few cans of special brew will be water off a ducks back. It may poke the beast however for him to put us further in the mire. Protest all you want but you do not speak for me!
Fine. Let's sit around, do nothing and watch the club fall into oblivion come July 12th. Sit around and be Ron's little bitches

Fine. Let's sit around, do nothing and watch the club fall into oblivion come July 12th. Sit around and be Ron's little bitches
Either it will or it won't thats Ron's choice not yours and nothing you can say or do will change that. It not about being Ron's bitches but it is about being a realist that has better things to do than a fruitless protest which will acheive nothing either way except make a select few feel much more important than they actually are!

I have absolutely no sympathy for him. Staff have gone unpaid for months at one of the biggest financial squeezes on ordinary people in the modern western world (Britain being a particularly terrible country at this).

He is driving people into poverty and desperation for his own gain. If there is a hell, there is a ticket reserved for him. And if something happened to him, I would not shed a tear.
I agree with most of this but I don’t in all honesty see that he’s driving anyone into poverty, personally I would have jumped ship the first time my wages didn’t turn up. I can’t see how anyone could be still with him after 3 or 4 months if nothing had been payed to them at all

There is literally zero point in protesting at the moment - it won't change a thing, it won't speed up the process, and there isn't even any confirmation that Ron is the one holding this up. Clearly just bored, looking for something to do.
I think there’s enough hints that he’s hardly been expediting the process though.

Reactions: TJC
Has there?! Last I knew, it was in Kimura's hands - now that could be wrong, but what hints have there been that Ron is holding it up, other than hearsay?

Just because he has dicked us over in the past, doesn't necessarily mean he is doing it now
How does the saying go? If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Do we believe Kimura, a respected (and more importantly, regulated) company, or Ronald, with his proven track record of financial mismanagement, constant brinkmanship and incompetence?

Reactions: TJC
I have a nasty feeling the deal will collapse when the survey turns up mushrooms growing in the Roots Hall toilets.

I'm not going because anyone who cares for the club will steer clear.
So we are okay with the man running our club not paying staff? That's as much as what this protest should be about.

They haven't been paid for 3 months in the toughest financial squeeze?

But let's allow him to continue that for another day 🙄

How does the saying go? If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.

Do we believe Kimura, a respected (and more importantly, regulated) company, or Ronald, with his proven track record of financial mismanagement, constant brinkmanship and incompetence?
I fully get why people have these opinions of Ron, but to go so far as to protest outside his house, without really knowing what is happening with the deal, is a stretch too far, in my opinion.

I fully get why people have these opinions of Ron, but to go so far as to protest outside his house, without really knowing what is happening with the deal, is a stretch too far, in my opinion.
I can see this turning into the next Greenham Common.

I'm neither for or against a protest. Its up to individuals to decide how they want to express their displeasure. However, not paying lower paid staff that must be really struggling is deplorable and the fact he just doesn't pay them without a care in the world really gets my goat.
If he has to put up with a bit of inconvienence and stress due to a protest outside his house, thats nothing compared to what his own staff are going through.
Its not going to make any difference to the outcome of the deal (or no deal!) in the end, but he cannot just swan around after deciding not to pay people what is owed and expect to just brush it under the carpet.
You overstretched Ron. Liquidate assets and pay your bloody staff!

Ron is still the chairman!! Ron has a responsibility’s to pay his staff and players it is Ron’s responsibility to pay the depts thats on him and Hmrc it’s not no one else!!! He’s running the club down won’t pay another penny towards anything!! And expects the purchaser to just come in and say don’t worry Ron we will clear that for you!!! NO CHANCE ….
All round Ron’s …. 👍🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back