• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are okay with the man running our club not paying staff? That's as much as what this protest should be about.

They haven't been paid for 3 months in the toughest financial squeeze?

But let's allow him to continue that for another day 🙄
Despite your noble sentiments (and I applaud them by the way, the treatment of staff is abhorrent), you have to ask what the protest will achieve? Will it lead to backdated wages being paid? No. Will it lead to clear communication from the club regarding the state of negotiations? Unlikely. Will it lead to the rapid removal of the embargo and a healthy budget for Kev and co to go and recruit? Don't hold your breath.

It'll more likely lead to Ron accelerating towards the cliff edge and sending the club into oblivion, thinking of himself as the club's saviour over the decades, merely derailed by events he perceives as being outside of his control (unfair negotiations, an unhelpful council, COVID, financial crashes etc.).

Ron is still the chairman!! Ron has a responsibility’s to pay his staff and players it is Ron’s responsibility to pay the depts thats on him and Hmrc it’s not no one else!!! He’s running the club down won’t pay another penny towards anything!! And expects the purchaser to just come in and say don’t worry Ron we will clear that for you!!! NO CHANCE ….
All round Ron’s …. 👍🏻
Yeah but he hasn't got the money to pay for anything - just saying that protesting isn't going to do a thing.

I'm not condoning his actions, I think it's disgusting that staff haven't been paid and I want a change of ownership as much as anybody else. But this is a public forum, that anyone, including Ron can read and we know that words and actions can hurt and cause damage to people.

Just think about the consequences of ones actions. Ron also needs to consider how his actions are affecting the staff, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah but he hasn't got the money to pay for anything - just saying that protesting isn't going to do a thing.

I'm not condoning his actions, I think it's disgusting that staff haven't been paid and I want a change of ownership as much as anybody else. But this is a public forum, that anyone, including Ron can read and we know that words and actions can hurt and cause damage to people.

Just think about the consequences of ones actions. Ron also needs to consider how his actions are affecting the staff, but two wrongs don't make a right.
But Ron won’t sell the club with the dept taken off the price… avoiding questions on the costs of roots hall certain situations with the new ground…. He’s being awkward on purpose…. He’s playing with fire…. If it takes a few 100 outside his house to give him a nudge then that’s good if it doesn’t help then nothing changes anyway …

That what happen to Bury FC, they only got ajournments due to rumours there was a buyer that was close to buy them out, only for Steve Dale to play cat & mouse with the buyer, when the Bury FC board told him to take the offers.

Steve Dale and Stewart Day both was bankrupt on December 2022.
I don't think Bury FC were ever actually wound-up. They had a series of winding-up petitions, but they entered a CVA (which led to a winding-up petition being dismissed) and that resulted in an EFL points deduction. The EFL then sought assurances that the club could meet the terms of the CVA, which they couldn't produce, and this was the (first) point where Steve Dale refused outside financial help. Bury were then expelled from the EFL - after a few extensions to deadlines - the club eventually entered full administration (after further offers of help to meet the terms of the CVA weren't taken up) before its assets were transferred to the Bury FC Supporters Society, which led to Bury FC merging with the phoenix club, Bury AFC, this summer.

It's right that we all have very real concerns about the club's future, but the example of Bury is probably better used as an example of what the National League could do, rather than the High Court. Our experiences at the High Court suggest that, if there's a realistic prospect that HMRC and the other petitioners will get their money, an adjournment is the most probable outcome. However, we know the National League have bared their teeth by ordering the club's accounts to be filed by 31st May or withdrawing our membership, and it is within their rules that they can request a bond is paid where they have concerns about the club's financial position (essentially a deposit to ensure that salaries are able to be paid, for example).

I would suggest the next stage we could see from the National League would be a points deduction, but there is a possibility if this doesn't get sorted out that our license could be revoked.

Genuine question. What do you hope it achieves?

It literally cannot in any way force a sale through and it can't force him to put in money he hasn't got. I genuinely don't see any potential benefit to doing it.
Speaking as someone with a knowledge of this kind of thing :

• it makes YOUR feelings clear
  • it will make the unpaid club staff think someone cares
  • it will get local and regional coverage
  • and it will remind your friends at national level that you haven't gone away, and your just cause continues

With all due respect, in the nearly four years I have been posting on here, there have been many times when some of you proposed speaking out or taking action. And there is always someone - usually quite a few people actually - who say it won't achieve anything, there is no point etc.

The problem with that approach is that doing nothing stops nothing, and one day you could wake up and find that the chance to achieve anything has gone, and there really is no point because there is nothing left to save.

My question to you is - how bad does it have to get before you think you should make a stand?

two things im sure about ,living where i am even if i was still living in Southend i agree with many posters here that i dont think the protest will achieve anything, ( to late should have been done many years ago ) But over the years one thing i am sure about is that RM is not a good card player, he gambled with Bilel Mohnis tansfer to West Ham many years ago wanting more money and lost. He gambled with the appointments of SC , MM, BOND and the reappointment of Orange man and lost, i didnt put the other managerial appointment in as he had bad luck with injuries etc. He also gambled by sacking one CEO thinking he was able to do it himself. If now hes gambling with the life blood of our SUFC ( which i hope he isnt ) then we are doomed .

So we are okay with the man running our club not paying staff? That's as much as what this protest should be about.

They haven't been paid for 3 months in the toughest financial squeeze?

But let's allow him to continue that for another day 🙄
So by protesting outside his house, upsetting him and his family, and neighbours, you think will force him out quicker? Jeez.
Here's what I posted last week to your protest plan....You do realise that Ron Martin is more likely to say 'Sod you fans', rather than, 'O.K. I'll sell at any price? Every protest has got absolutely nothing so far. He just digs his heels in and will not be bullied. I'm not anti-protest. It depends on whether I think it will work, or do harm. I did the Jobson protest and even marched into his office to have a go at him. But Ron Martin is a different animal. Why upset things when he has agreed to sell, and is in negotiations at a crucial stage?

Why poke the bear? There is a time to protest, and it's certainly not now at this late and critical stage. If this deal falls through, and Ron is still here in a few weeks, then I will join you in a protest. But right now is just ridiculous.

Ron's not going to sell up anytime soon, we're all wasting our time refreshing the OS and SZ each day, i bet he has a little chuckle at us lot ranting. Just an opinion but i dont believe he cares when it all goes through, just as long as it suits him.
He's obviously really come down hard on gossipers from club insiders, no one can say a thing about the deal.
He'll take us to the brink and pull out another wad to just about keep things ticking over.
Wouldnt suprise me in the slightest if he got money out of the bidders to help keep club running either.
All of what i write is just an opinion, the reasons for my thinking is this has been his way of SUFC business for years has it not. Great fun.

Well done anyone that joins a protest, he deserves it. Having the power to affect other's lives by witholding payments, then to drag out this takeover since March whilst running the club into the ground even more takes some doing.

Damnit ive just written Friday rant.
I'd love to bump into Martin around town..

Another club sponsor solopress have just extended there sponsorship of the club for another year, that's the second sponsor now to commit to the club for another season.

Looks like Ron or kimura are keeping the sponsors in the loop on the take over.

Good News.
Tells me everything is slowly going to plan they wouldn’t be carrying on with sponsorship if they didn’t know the takeover was running ok slowly but surely, Ron will soon be gone 😊

I am terrifed of this entirely possible outcome.
Has there been any interviews with the Bury owners since they were personally declared bankrupt, I'm sure they'll say it wasn't their fault , which is exactly what RM will say too and of course he f in loves the club!

So by protesting outside his house, upsetting him and his family, and neighbours, you think will force him out quicker? Jeez.
Here's what I posted last week to your protest plan....You do realise that Ron Martin is more likely to say 'Sod you fans', rather than, 'O.K. I'll sell at any price? Every protest has got absolutely nothing so far. He just digs his heels in and will not be bullied. I'm not anti-protest. It depends on whether I think it will work, or do harm. I did the Jobson protest and even marched into his office to have a go at him. But Ron Martin is a different animal. Why upset things when he has agreed to sell, and is in negotiations at a crucial stage?

Why poke the bear? There is a time to protest, and it's certainly not now at this late and critical stage. If this deal falls through, and Ron is still here in a few weeks, then I will join you in a protest. But right now is just ridiculous.
What protest will you join in a few weeks mate? There won’t be a club past the 12th

Poke a bear - Ron is defo no bear. He is a consistent lier. No one will but the club, won’t get relegated, will build a new stadium blah blah blah

He knows he’s been found out, he has no where to hide.

Southend United are bigger than Ron and the whole of Benfleet road will hopefully hear it.

Let’s make so much noise this ‘bear’ can not hibernate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back