• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
two things im sure about ,living where i am even if i was still living in Southend i agree with many posters here that i dont think the protest will achieve anything, ( to late should have been done many years ago ) But over the years one thing i am sure about is that RM is not a good card player, he gambled with Bilel Mohnis tansfer to West Ham many years ago wanting more money and lost. He gambled with the appointments of SC , MM, BOND and the reappointment of Orange man and lost, i didnt put the other managerial appointment in as he had bad luck with injuries etc. He also gambled by sacking one CEO thinking he was able to do it himself. If now hes gambling with the life blood of our SUFC ( which i hope he isnt ) then we are doomed .
Which CEO did he sack?

Speaking as someone with a knowledge of this kind of thing :

• it makes YOUR feelings clear
  • it will make the unpaid club staff think someone cares
  • it will get local and regional coverage
  • and it will remind your friends at national level that you haven't gone away, and your just cause continues

With all due respect, in the nearly four years I have been posting on here, there have been many times when some of you proposed speaking out or taking action. And there is always someone - usually quite a few people actually - who say it won't achieve anything, there is no point etc.

The problem with that approach is that doing nothing stops nothing, and one day you could wake up and find that the chance to achieve anything has gone, and there really is no point because there is nothing left to save.

My question to you is - how bad does it have to get before you think you should make a stand?

I appreciate the reply and I'm not against taking a stand when appropriate. The points you made were valid prior to the sale commencing and would be valid again after a sale has failed. As it stands right now they serve little purpose.

1. Feelings are clear. We want him out and he is trying to get out. If he was still hanging on and not trying to sell I'd agree.
2. That's just lip service, they need money. Yelling at Ron right now isn't going to get them money that isn't there and isn't going to force a sale to complete.
3. Local and regional coverage of a sale of a business commencing? Because that's the story right now.
4. Valid but the cause is Ron out. Which he is in the process of trying to do. Protesting him telling him you want him out isn't going to make it happen faster and showing everyone else you still want him out isn't going to achieve it any faster.

Again I'm not against protests, it's about time and place. Right here, right now seems pointless and counter productive.

Whilst I fully understand the frustration and anger, I'm firmly in the 'against a protest' catagory. It won't change anything and seriously risks doing more harm than good at an obviously sensitive negotiating time.

Why, is he suddenly not going to want to make money and pay of his debts because a few fans protested.

"Hi is that Kimura"

"this is Ron. The deal is off as a few people are outside my house" "I'll take bankruptcy instead thanks"

Last edited:
Why is he suddenly not going to want to make money and pay of his debts because a few fans protested.

"Hi is that Kimura"

"this is Ron. The deal is off as a few people are outside my house" "I'll take bankruptcy instead thanks"
I don't believe it will change anything. You obviously think differently.............that's your right.

Isn’t all this protest talk going off topic?

Back to the point at hand, and I know how frustrating it is for everyone, myself included.

What we really need is clear communication from the Club about the situation, but we know that won’t happen. RM said nothing will be said until the Club is sold. He did a brief nothing statement previously, but that’s been our lot. Don’t forget, the Club will be under an NDA as well, so will be limited with what they say. Don’t also forget, whenever the Club tweets, and the abuse that is replied is not going to RM or anything like that. It’s going to someone who hasn’t been paid for months.

It would be nice if we had a statement from Kimura or any other interested parties, but that won’t happen due to an NDA.

What doesn’t help the situation is certain posters giving false hope with dates. Not a lot of this has happened, but has happened. Also saying it’s in the hands of Kimura’s lawyers, when it’s been in their hands for a couple of weeks from my understanding.

What doesn’t help is people on Twitter giving a random date and time, or suggesting big things are happening.

It’s difficult to know where to turn, and who to trust with the information in this situation. I’ve been told numerous things from various sources, some have been encouraging and some have been negative. Some have turned out to be rubbish, some could turn out to be true. It’s a case of wading through the information.

I won’t give out predicted dates on this. In my eyes, and not with any “information”, this week was a big week for the reasons I gave before, yet here we are at 15:20, and although things have progressed, we aren’t much further along than 09:00 on Monday morning.

Be very telling which players turn up on Monday morning. Payday is today, IF the players aren’t paid, who does a “Lopata”. All of them are well within their rights. Players like Bridge, JD and Ralph, whose deals are up today had to turn up this week as they were under contract, come Monday they are all “unemployed” and can do as they wish. Mondays training session will tell us more than Thursday and Fridays in my eyes.

Isn’t all this protest talk going off topic?

Back to the point at hand, and I know how frustrating it is for everyone, myself included.

What we really need is clear communication from the Club about the situation, but we know that won’t happen. RM said nothing will be said until the Club is sold. He did a brief nothing statement previously, but that’s been our lot. Don’t forget, the Club will be under an NDA as well, so will be limited with what they say. Don’t also forget, whenever the Club tweets, and the abuse that is replied is not going to RM or anything like that. It’s going to someone who hasn’t been paid for months.

It would be nice if we had a statement from Kimura or any other interested parties, but that won’t happen due to an NDA.

What doesn’t help the situation is certain posters giving false hope with dates. Not a lot of this has happened, but has happened. Also saying it’s in the hands of Kimura’s lawyers, when it’s been in their hands for a couple of weeks from my understanding.

What doesn’t help is people on Twitter giving a random date and time, or suggesting big things are happening.

It’s difficult to know where to turn, and who to trust with the information in this situation. I’ve been told numerous things from various sources, some have been encouraging and some have been negative. Some have turned out to be rubbish, some could turn out to be true. It’s a case of wading through the information.

I won’t give out predicted dates on this. In my eyes, and not with any “information”, this week was a big week for the reasons I gave before, yet here we are at 15:20, and although things have progressed, we aren’t much further along than 09:00 on Monday morning.

Be very telling which players turn up on Monday morning. Payday is today, IF the players aren’t paid, who does a “Lopata”. All of them are well within their rights. Players like Bridge, JD and Ralph, whose deals are up today had to turn up this week as they were under contract, come Monday they are all “unemployed” and can do as they wish. Mondays training session will tell us more than Thursday and Fridays in my eyes.
Thing that annoys me most is the lack of comms. An NDA doesn't stop the club from updating the fans

So by protesting outside his house, upsetting him and his family, and neighbours, you think will force him out quicker? Jeez.
Here's what I posted last week to your protest plan....You do realise that Ron Martin is more likely to say 'Sod you fans', rather than, 'O.K. I'll sell at any price? Every protest has got absolutely nothing so far. He just digs his heels in and will not be bullied. I'm not anti-protest. It depends on whether I think it will work, or do harm. I did the Jobson protest and even marched into his office to have a go at him. But Ron Martin is a different animal. Why upset things when he has agreed to sell, and is in negotiations at a crucial stage?

Why poke the bear? There is a time to protest, and it's certainly not now at this late and critical stage. If this deal falls through, and Ron is still here in a few weeks, then I will join you in a protest. But right now is just ridiculous.
I'm sorry but I don't agree with any of that.

Protesting has got the club to be on the verge of a takeover, god knows where we'd be if everybody sat silently as you wish.

Thing that annoys me most is the lack of comms. An NDA doesn't stop the club from updating the fans

I’m sure they’d be able to give small updates, like the brief statement we got before, but RM has chosen not too. The NDA would stop certain things being made public.

Same as he has chosen not to provide a released list as well.

Ron’s playing a risky game he needs the money from the sale but the longer he plays the weaker his hand gets!!

Not really.

He currently owns two incredibly lucrative pieces of land, which are worth - a minimum - of 8-figures.

He’ll get by, with or without our club. That’s the bit we should be concerned about.

It's been highly reported that Ron's family have actually pushed him to sell. Clearly tho don't enjoy the Inconvenience of it all. Fyi July the 12th will be too late
That’s why I said before July 12th.

He’s selling the club just let it take its course , we all want new owners but backing him into a corner and threatening him is not going to make him sell any quicker is it ?
From what’s been said on here he’s already accepted the offer so it’s now up to the purchasers to get on with it

Not really.

He currently owns two incredibly lucrative pieces of land, which are worth - a minimum - of 8-figures.

He’ll get by, with or without our club. That’s the bit we should be concerned about.
100% this, if we fall he doesn't. He can claim he tried his best to sell us and he may have been playing Kimura all along. I do not think we will get a stay of execution come the 12th of July, if people want to protest that is their right. What is another unforgivable trait amongst the never ending list is the treatment of staff and the anxiety he is putting us fans and them through with zero communication with us on anything.

Even a brief update would help all of our mental states of stress atm.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with any of that.

Protesting has got the club to be on the verge of a takeover, god knows where we'd be if everybody sat silently as you wish.
Yeah protesting brought on covid, protesting took Ron to financial ruin so he HAS to sell, and protesting, I believe will be what resurrects George Michael. I feel the power of the protests have been widely fabricated rather than coincidental!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back