• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it does... But will it gain traction with the amount of people saying it's "pointless" 🙄
People saying it’s pointless we’re probably the same ones that wanted the trust to speak to Ron rather than the much better action of withholding season ticket money.

Ron and his family need to know that Southend supporters are not mugs.

Applying leverage to his weak spot is exactly the way to get this over the line.

I’ve not seen any details about the protest yet. When and where is it?

People saying it’s pointless we’re probably the same ones that wanted the trust to speak to Ron rather than the much better action of withholding season ticket money.

Ron and his family need to know that Southend supporters are not mugs.

Applying leverage to his weak spot is exactly the way to get this over the line.

I’ve not seen any details about the protest yet. When and where is it?
Not sure on a time but his house on Benfleet road Saturday! The only way it works is with a big turn out!

We don't have another choice now! Our club will go bust with Ron still in charge..

I'm hoping it does... But will it gain traction with the amount of people saying it's "pointless" 🙄
You do realise that Ron Martin is more likely to say 'Sod you fans', rather than, 'O.K. I'll sell at any price? Every protest has got absolutely nothing so far. He just digs his heels in and will not be bullied. I'm not anti-protest. It depends on whether I think it will work, or do harm. I did the Jobson protest and even marched into his office to have a go at him. But Ron Martin is a different animal. Why upset things when he has agreed to sell, and is in negotiations at a crucial stage?

You do realise that Ron Martin is more likely to say 'Sod you fans', rather than, 'O.K. I'll sell at any price? Every protest has got absolutely nothing so far. He just digs his heels in and will not be bullied. I'm not anti-protest. It depends on whether I think it will work, or do harm. I did the Jobson protest and even marched into his office to have a go at him. But Ron Martin is a different animal. Why upset things when he has agreed to sell, and is in negotiations at a crucial stage?
Agree

Attachments

• download-2.png
    download-2.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 46
Just a thought but does anyone get the feeling that Ron is waiting for the next series of Dragons Den so that he can make a pitch to Gary Neville for £2 million for a 0.25% share??

Ron Martin is like a petulant child, if he cannot have it, then he will make it very difficult or impossible for anyone else to.

" A petulant child is one who displays a bad temper and stubbornness, and who often sulks and pouts. A petulant child can be very difficult to deal with, and can often be quite demanding and uncooperative ".

I just hope for the players, staff and all concerned with SUFC, and us supporters that he does the right thing and agrees to what`s on the table?

Because what has been thrashed out, may change in due course, i.e. players sealing moves away for the security for them and their families, who can blame them.

The next couple of day`s are crucial, IMHO, and believe the silence maybe a pre-cursor of an imminent announcement. I`m certainly not in the know, just a gut feeling.

Good luck all

Up The Blues

#Martin Out

The only thing that’s keeping me going is the belief that the total (and I mean total) silence from the club regarding anything about the upcoming season (ie - pre-season pics, interviews, general media output) is not down to the club (more specifically the media team and whoever it is that tells them what to post) disregarding fans but actually not wanting to post anything until the takeover is done. I sincerely hope it’s the latter, and that the silence is a positive.

The only thing that’s keeping me going is the belief that the total (and I mean total) silence from the club regarding anything about the upcoming season (ie - pre-season pics, interviews, general media output) is not down to the club (more specifically the media team and whoever it is that tells them what to post) disregarding fans but actually not wanting to post anything until the takeover is done. I sincerely hope it’s the latter, and that the silence is a positive.
Er, media team have been active today with pre season fixture release

Reactions: fbm
I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning (I'd like to!) but the silence is encouraging in a way because it means everything is still "live" so to speak.
The key personnel are still here as well. That's a positive.

I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning (I'd like to!) but the silence is encouraging in a way because it means everything is still "live" so to speak.
The key personnel are still here as well. That's a positive.
I agree fbm. The silence is a good thing… we hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back