• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, media team have been active today with pre season fixture release
Yes absolutely, but I’m talking about the more generic things which are always put across by the media team - these small things such as interviews, pictures, montages etc are what get fans hopes up for the upcoming season. My thinking is (I hope) that the silence on such seemingly insignificant things is because the deal is close, but we just need patience

At some point surely Ron will have to realise he’s not going to get a better offer and take it. I’m aware he’s a stubborn ******* but the best offer is market value and he hasn’t got time to rustle up more interest.

He either takes the offer with maybe minor tweaks or he finds the money to fund the club for the next year. He clearly can’t do the latter so you’d think the former is close to inevitable.

If only logic worked with our fearless leader.

Going very off topic here in terms of the sale but I heard the physio hasn’t turned up for pre season today due to not being paid?? Can anyone confirm that?

Yes absolutely, but I’m talking about the more generic things which are always put across by the media team - these small things such as interviews, pictures, montages etc are what get fans hopes up for the upcoming season. My thinking is (I hope) that the silence on such seemingly insignificant things is because the deal is close, but we just need patience
These things normally start after the players and Management team come back for the first day of training. So things should start happening now. Especially once they know which way the ship is sailing. Things will be either very exciting with new owners and their investment and plans, or it will be a living hell with skint Ron still here.

At some point surely Ron will have to realise he’s not going to get a better offer and take it. I’m aware he’s a stubborn ******* but the best offer is market value and he hasn’t got time to rustle up more interest.

He either takes the offer with maybe minor tweaks or he finds the money to fund the club for the next year. He clearly can’t do the latter so you’d think the former is close to inevitable.

If only logic worked with our fearless leader.
Yes agreed however what if Ron being Ron feels his best chance of getting a lot more out of the deal later, is to hold onto key elements of his scheme and that's where the hold up lies . They certainly would be right not to want anything to do with RM post take over imo

Feels like the whole takeover is making Ron forget that the season is right round the corner and we have done absolutely nothing other than arrange a pre-season friendly that not even the other club know they're playing.
I doubt Ron cares, he needs to sell before the season starts so to him it's someone else's problem.

Yes agreed however what if Ron being Ron feels his best chance of getting a lot more out of the deal later, is to hold onto key elements of his scheme and that's where the hold up lies . They certainly would be right not to want anything to do with RM post take over imo
I’m sure if he found a way to hold onto things for a more valuable sale later he would, hence the estate agent plan, but that *seems* to have fallen through if rumours are to be believed, so he doesn’t really have much of a choice.

That doesn’t mean the above is all true (not ITK) or that he will realise that.

Going very off topic here in terms of the sale but I heard the physio hasn’t turned up for pre season today due to not being paid?? Can anyone confirm that?
I doubt anyone can. but as the staff get paid monthly and June's payment isn't due until tomorrow then what you heard doesn't sound likely at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back