• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point surely Ron will have to realise he’s not going to get a better offer and take it. I’m aware he’s a stubborn ******* but the best offer is market value and he hasn’t got time to rustle up more interest.

He either takes the offer with maybe minor tweaks or he finds the money to fund the club for the next year. He clearly can’t do the latter so you’d think the former is close to inevitable.

If only logic worked with our fearless leader.
I don't think that's the issue. The price was agreed weeks ago. The issues here are much more deep than a simple agreement to buy or sell.

DD done properly can be a very serious irritant to those that have more than one thing to hide. So much so that they refuse to assist a prospective buyer.
Agreed, there may also be things that RM didn’t think would be an issue that now requires evidence/details etc. another party may have accepted the issue but flagged something else.

Things will ebb and flow, like all of us I hope it concludes soon. Keep calm and carry on

Be positive people that is all 👍🏻
It's extremely hard to be positive, even if we received investment/new owners within the hour, we’re still light years away from other clubs and their infrastructure for the coming season. So frustrating as this is a massive chance this year!!

The safety certificate worries me, didn’t Tom quote £400k a couple of years back, will probably be the wrong side of 1/2 a mil now!

Let alone staff in place to start a new season properly/safely.

Be positive people that is all 👍🏻
To be fair, you cannot blame people for losing hope and see it in a bad light, we're in pre-season and we seem to be stuck in this loop without any information, any ideas of when this takeover will be done, IF it will be done, we're not exactly in the best position at the moment to be hopeful of much.

It's extremely hard to be positive, even if we received investment/new owners within the hour, we’re still light years away from other clubs and their infrastructure for the coming season. So frustrating as this is a massive chance this year!!

The safety certificate worries me, didn’t Tom quote £400k a couple of years back, will probably be the wrong side of 1/2 a mil now!

Let alone staff in place to start a new season properly/safely.
Next season may well be a right off but the new guys irrespective of when they come will have to sort all the bits out including the safety certificate and that would of been the same 3 weeks ago to now

Next season may well be a right off but the new guys irrespective of when they come will have to sort all the bits out including the safety certificate and that would of been the same 3 weeks ago to now
3 weeks ago we could potentially resign Bridge and Kev could move some 1st choice targets forward.

If the likes of Bridge and Ralph are waiting then MASSIVE respect, that’s loyalty

3 weeks ago we could potentially resign Bridge and Kev could move some 1st choice targets forward.

If the likes of Bridge and Ralph are waiting then MASSIVE respect, that’s loyalty
That is why I said next season could be a right off, but don’t forget there is no transfer window and we will be able to strengthen when this is all over.

I understand losing key players is alarming and a risk to the start of the season however things will get better … it’s just when that will be

We have, as far as I'm aware, 2 deadlines; one is tomorrow for the NL as the fixtures are released on July 5th and the other is the court case.

Nothing that I've heard from anywhere or anyone gives me any serious fear that we will not be competing in the NL next season. I'm therefore very hopeful that their requirements one way or another will have been met. (Note - for the purposes of this point, I don't think it's relevant that we may be under an embargo or might get a points deduction. The issue is "Can we complete our fixtures?". We may have been able to demonstrate that with a squad of 14 plus emergency loans and with the existing sponsorships and income streams and an undertaking by Ron to plug any gaps (which will be smaller) we can survive financially as we are. It will be the worst ever season in our history, with I would imagine anyone leaving who possibly could, but as long as we can fulfil the fixtures, that's all that matters for this particular point as I understand it.)

The other deadline is July 12th and we all know about that one. A judge has been persuaded to give another stay of execution on the basis that the debts owed to the three parties bringing the WUP are paid before that date, either by the sale proceeds or by Ron personally by raising money from other family assets. If the deal hasn't yet gone through but is agreed and all that is left is the formalities, the judge is very unlikely to wind us up and a further extension will be given to allow the deal to complete and so all parties will get their money. This will be in everyone's interests at that point if it transpires. HMRC are going to be mightily peeved if we are wound up a few days away from completion and they don't get their money.

It seems fairly common knowledge that the DD has been completed. Kimura will want certain guarantees and if they aren't forthcoming, there is no incentive for them to hurry it along. Their primary objective is to buy a football club that will produce a return for their investors, not one that they can get quickly and which will cause them massive financial issues in the future. I'm sure they would like it asap, but July 12th isn't far away. If we lose a couple of players, it's really no big deal. Anyone under contract can be bought anyway, so it's not a given that a player who is with us is going to stay with us.

Given the above, either Kimura think the risk to not having their warranties incorporated into the contract is too big and walk away, or Ron agrees to their demands. If he is unable to do that (for whatever reason) then I suspect we are then in the territory as detailed in italics above or, at worst, in this time of rising interest rates and falling property prices, we go under, neither of which are particularly palatable options for us fans.

This is how I see it anyhow.

We have, as far as I'm aware, 2 deadlines; one is tomorrow for the NL as the fixtures are released on July 5th and the other is the court case.

Nothing that I've heard from anywhere or anyone gives me any serious fear that we will not be competing in the NL next season. I'm therefore very hopeful that their requirements one way or another will have been met. (Note - for the purposes of this point, I don't think it's relevant that we may be under an embargo or might get a points deduction. The issue is "Can we complete our fixtures?". We may have been able to demonstrate that with a squad of 14 plus emergency loans and with the existing sponsorships and income streams and an undertaking by Ron to plug any gaps (which will be smaller) we can survive financially as we are. It will be the worst ever season in our history, with I would imagine anyone leaving who possibly could, but as long as we can fulfil the fixtures, that's all that matters for this particular point as I understand it.)

The other deadline is July 12th and we all know about that one. A judge has been persuaded to give another stay of execution on the basis that the debts owed to the three parties bringing the WUP are paid before that date, either by the sale proceeds or by Ron personally by raising money from other family assets. If the deal hasn't yet gone through but is agreed and all that is left is the formalities, the judge is very unlikely to wind us up and a further extension will be given to allow the deal to complete and so all parties will get their money. This will be in everyone's interests at that point if it transpires. HMRC are going to be mightily peeved if we are wound up a few days away from completion and they don't get their money.

It seems fairly common knowledge that the DD has been completed. Kimura will want certain guarantees and if they aren't forthcoming, there is no incentive for them to hurry it along. Their primary objective is to buy a football club that will produce a return for their investors, not one that they can get quickly and which will cause them massive financial issues in the future. I'm sure they would like it asap, but July 12th isn't far away. If we lose a couple of players, it's really no big deal. Anyone under contract can be bought anyway, so it's not a given that a player who is with us is going to stay with us.

Given the above, either Kimura think the risk to not having their warranties incorporated into the contract is too big and walk away, or Ron agrees to their demands. If he is unable to do that (for whatever reason) then I suspect we are then in the territory as detailed in italics above or, at worst, in this time of rising interest rates and falling property prices, we go under, neither of which are particularly palatable options for us fans.

Great post 👏🏻

The guarantees being requested, is one regarding the rent to be paid to RM for Roots Hall and another (I am sure there are many) surrounding historical debts out to suppliers being paid by RM?

The guarantees being requested, is one regarding the rent to be paid to RM for Roots Hall and another (I am sure there are many) surrounding historical debts out to suppliers being paid by RM?
No idea. As I said, this is just how I see it.

When your friends are talking about football

and you have to pretend everyhting is fine and that you still like football ...

View attachment 26946
Currently got a work WhatsApp group on mute because the Essex based United fans are upset they're not signing anyone and only have a £100m budget whilst the Arsenal fans are being targeted for signing UCL winner Kai Havertz.

Not too long ago we were one division below these clubs and now we're here in limbo wondering if we'll start the season in 5 weeks time!

This is the problem I'm sure.

Ron has run the club into so much debt and wants someone else to take responsibility for his actions. Surely there has to be a cap on this.

Nobody is going to take on millions of debt, pay rent on delapedated stadium and then buy/rent a pie in the sky stadium which is not built and potentially doesn't have planning permission.

Currently got a work WhatsApp group on mute because the Essex based United fans are upset they're not signing anyone and only have a £100m budget whilst the Arsenal fans are being targeted for signing UCL winner Kai Havertz.

Not too long ago we were one division below these clubs and now we're here in limbo wondering if we'll start the season in 5 weeks time!

Prem fans are completely clueless.

The only thing that’s keeping me going is the belief that the total (and I mean total) silence from the club regarding anything about the upcoming season (ie - pre-season pics, interviews, general media output) is not down to the club (more specifically the media team and whoever it is that tells them what to post) disregarding fans but actually not wanting to post anything until the takeover is done. I sincerely hope it’s the latter, and that the silence is a positive.
The media/social media team haven't been paid for months, I'm sure they are not too pleased nor excited at posting Pre-season Training photos just to get a barrage of MARTIN OUT tweets and questions why the club hasn't sold yet when, a) they have no idea and b) they want Ron the rat out as much as anyone else.

I wouldn't read into the lack of content too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back