• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Ralph, Miley, Mooney and Clifford in Waitrose after training. Spoke to Clifford... very tight lipped, thought we would have a better season that last year.
If anyone sees any of our players out and about, please dont ask them for inside info as it isnt fair to them! They will have been as worried as the rest of us, and they are directly affected by this whole debacle.

Much as we are affected, and we are desperate for news, this isnt our livelihood or our jobs at stake!

Last edited:
Noise going around that Simon Jackson, Chris Tremaine, Ron Martin and Tom Lawrence were all at Roots Hall earlier today

Edit: I cannot confirm this, just what I’ve have seen written at the moment.
Haven't heard myself, but it's possible. James Duddridge has been trying (unsuccessfully) to get both parties together to iron out some issues. However, I believe RM spoke to Duddridge late this morning. Perhaps there has been a breakthrough on getting both sides back in the same room.

Or perhaps it's bollocks, Who knows!?

Haven't heard myself, but it's possible. James Duddridge has been trying (unsuccessfully) to get both parties together to iron out some issues. However, I believe RM spoke to Duddridge late this morning. Perhaps there has been a breakthrough on getting both sides back in the same room.

Or perhaps it's bollocks, Who knows!?
Out of interest who is James Duddridge?

Is this a solicitor, mediator, Councillor etc

Its funny how many people bump into or are chatting to anyone associated with Southend United.

Load of rubbish unless you are stalking them
Gus, Mooney, Powell and Cardwell (and one of their dogs, think Gus'), were all down The Boatyard on Friday night. I went up to them and had a brief chat. I asked if they know anything about the takeover and they said 'no nobody tells us anything' which I obviously thought they would say (even if they did know anything). They said they just having a few drinks enjoying summer and back to pre season next week. Seemed like nice guys, said bye to me on the way out.

But yeah this is a load of rubbish and I actually stalk 4 national league footballers.

Gus, Mooney, Powell and Cardwell (and one of their dogs, think Gus'), were all down The Boatyard on Friday night. I went up to them and had a brief chat. I asked if they know anything about the takeover and they said 'no nobody tells us anything' which I obviously thought they would say (even if they did know anything). They said they just having a few drinks enjoying summer and back to pre season next week. Seemed like nice guys, said bye to me on the way out.

But yeah this is a load of rubbish and I actually stalk 4 national league footballers.
Childish and off point . I did actually see Tilly in lidl yesterday (seriously) but didn’t ask him as how would he know more than us .

If anyone sees any of our players out and about, please dont ask them for inside info as it isnt fair to them!
Of course, and naturally I didn't. When I say tight lipped, it was more like he wasn't really up for a conversation and gave one word answers until I asked how he thought we'd fare this season.

Was there anyone else hanging around with them?
No and they weren't all together. I saw Clifford first as we were both on our way in. Ralph and someone else, possibly Fonguck, were in the basket queue a couple of minutes later and just after that, Miley and Mooney came from a different part of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back