• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron needs to pay this if the club isn't sold. Ron is still the chairman and has all the obligations that go along with that. Paying bills & staff (all staff), obtaining saftey certificates, paying suppliers.

That he feels he doesn't need to do this is the measure of the man. He is a complete scumbag.

@davewebbsbrain not a slight at you, just heard lots of talk of this being needed to get over the line by X date.
That was my point. If its not sold by the 12th, Ron has to pay HMRC and i have very little faith he will pay which is why i say it has to be sold by 12th or we are toast i fear

That was my point. If its not sold by the 12th, Ron has to pay HMRC and i have very little faith he will pay which is why i say it has to be sold by 12th or we are toast i fear
It’s not just HMRC we have to settle by 12th July though. The league have put stipulations that all staff wages have to be settled, outstanding football debts settled and HMRC paid and up to date. I am sure the league are looking for some form of finance plan to demonstrate how we can continue for the season should the takeover not conclude.

I seriously hope it doesn’t come to that, as I’m not sure Ron knows how to put together a business plan and financials to demonstrate our ability to complete the season.

while that is everyone’s fear, I’m sure it won’t come to that and positive news is just around the corner.

Yep. Nothing more likely to depress your day than that first moment each day when you think of SUFC and this endless, turgid sale process.

Absolutely nobody seems to give a **** about the fans and the impact this limbo has on people, and the bizarre ‘nothing to see here’ vibe emanating from the club via the OS. We’re not just paying punters for Christ’s sake. If that was all we were, we’d all have buggered off long ago. Instead we’re all glued 24/7 to social media desperate for a sign of hope - whether we like to admit it or not, that’s exactly where we all are.

Nobody seems to think any kind of even the most mild reassurance is necessary / required / deserved. Utterly depressing.
Its not as if its just the owner of a football club that ploughs money into it with scant reward and loss, the fans do exactly the same thing. 6/7 defeats last year on the trot, but thousands still turn up and pay to watch. This is why the communication from the clubs owners has to be better and everything youve put rings true.
Its all going down the pan and we are sitting here hoping everything will be alright real soon.
This is why i voted for protests to begin again, as did many others. This situation may well need to be forced, Ron has to get out now sharpish for the sake of everybody, there isnt the time to be battling contracts to an extent anymore.
Sick of it !

I didn't think I could despise anyone as much as I do Ron, he has to be one of the most odious characters ever to be involved in football. My positivity on this deal being concluded is now pretty much run out, I don't think it will happen now. Ron's got the club wrapped in his grasping tentacles and every time one is prized off another appears to drag it to the depths. I hope I'm proved wrong and a deal can be done, but that man's greed holds no boundaries
Hate to say it but I think your right...... we was told month ago it was 95% complete with realistic chance of deal been concluded the following week! Since then it's been pretty much down hill. If you look at what's on offer to potential buyers it's really not that attractive. Debt ridden national league club with no current assets and the current owner rumoured to be asking for 10 mill plus, for what? A name and national league football, no wonder our situation is dragging on! Martin has ruined the club to the extent where the club now is pretty much on its last legs begging to be put out of its misery. I hope their is happy ending to our dire situation but its starting to look like continues suffering with the only hope being a new club which wouldn't be bad thing now to be honest. This madness has to end 1 way or another.

It’s not just HMRC we have to settle by 12th July though. The league have put stipulations that all staff wages have to be settled, outstanding football debts settled and HMRC paid and up to date. I am sure the league are looking for some form of finance plan to demonstrate how we can continue for the season should the takeover not conclude.

I seriously hope it doesn’t come to that, as I’m not sure Ron knows how to put together a business plan and financials to demonstrate our ability to complete the season.

while that is everyone’s fear, I’m sure it won’t come to that and positive news is just around the corner.
Even more reason to keep everything crossed that it's over the line by the 12th then.

I really hope it's all sorted this week

Spoke to Steve Tilson today (he coaches my sons team). He said he thinks the deal is being held up because the buyers want everything but Ron is desperately trying to keep hold of certain things. Says he thinks it's a complete takeover or nothing.
That’s exactly what needs to happen. If Ron has control over anything, even the tea bar. We are ****ed.

The only way we survive and move forward is with him completely out of the picture. Especially when it comes to FF.

Have they? Do you have a link or something - haven't seen this.

Seen the club statement that said they need to pay all that - but don't think it said why.

Its not as if its just the owner of a football club that ploughs money into it with scant reward and loss, the fans do exactly the same thing. 6/7 defeats last year on the trot, but thousands still turn up and pay to watch. This is why the communication from the clubs owners has to be better and everything youve put rings true.
Its all going down the pan and we are sitting here hoping everything will be alright real soon.
This is why i voted for protests to begin again, as did many others. This situation may well need to be forced, Ron has to get out now sharpish for the sake of everybody, there isnt the time to be battling contracts to an extent anymore.
Sick of it !
He was right. We are idiots who ****ing love the club..

Hate to say it but I think your right...... we was told month ago it was 95% complete with realistic chance of deal been concluded the following week! Since then it's been pretty much down hill. If you look at what's on offer to potential buyers it's really not that attractive. Debt ridden national league club with no current assets and the current owner rumoured to be asking for 10 mill plus, for what? A name and national league football, no wonder our situation is dragging on! Martin has ruined the club to the extent where the club now is pretty much on its last legs begging to be put out of its misery. I hope their is happy ending to our dire situation but its starting to look like continues suffering with the only hope being a new club which wouldn't be bad thing now to be honest. This madness has to end 1 way or another.
I suspect the ‘following week’ or ‘formalities’ were from folk being told news by Ron. I may be wrong, but since certain folk seem to think he didn’t feel DD was needed, then I guess his view would have been as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back