• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to points deduction presumably? Ideally if it was to stall for a few weeks, which has been suggested, we just need to pay the debts, HMRC and all the other debtors. No idea what that figure stands at.
Points Deduction is likely if not complete soon

All depends if the deal goes through or not.
Non league doesn't have a transfer window so we can splash the cash whenever if takeover is completed and we will be fine
If Kimura pull out because they have had enough of playing Ron's games and Ron stays on we are going to be in a relegation fight out of business
Corrected for accuracy sake

You have to wonder how much longer the existing matchday staff will hold on for.

After enduring most of last season with payment issues, you’ve got to wonder who in their right mind would want to put up with that again for another year?

I know lots of them stuck with it due to their love of the club or because they felt a sense of duty, but I wouldn’t expect that to last too long into the next season.

Without matchday staff, games cannot go ahead. We came very close to this becoming a reality on more than one occasion last term.

If, for whatever reason, the takeover falls through, we may very well struggle to even host games at RH.

I know there is a lot of "don't panic" on the zone and rightly so, but it's becoming critical now.

The radio silence from the club is deafening.

Wether the club gets taken over or not. The club should still be operating and that means, updates on players returning, leaving etc. Manager interviews.

Season card and match day price updates.

Pre season fixture lists and prices.

New shirt information. We always seem to be late to the party with shirts as some clubs announce theirs prior to the end of the previous season. We will be lucky to see our before pre season at this rate. This could obviously be because a new owner may want to make changes. But have an official update so we aren't having these type of conversations.

I hope this is completed this week and we can push on as a club.

I fear the zone will go into meltdown if we get to the 3rd of July (next Monday) and still total silence.

Absolutely nobody seems to give a **** about the fans and the impact this limbo has on people, and the bizarre ‘nothing to see here’ vibe emanating from the club via the OS. We’re not just paying punters for Christ’s sake. If that was all we were, we’d all have buggered off long ago. Instead we’re all glued 24/7 to social media desperate for a sign of hope - whether we like to admit it or not, that’s exactly where we all are.

Nobody seems to think any kind of even the most mild reassurance is necessary / required / deserved. Utterly depressing.
I do believe, as I've said before, this is Ron's last stand; he will have told the employees that NOTHING is to be released by way of any information. It is clear the club are doing stuff behind the scenes. In some ways, the internet age has spoiled us; back in the 80's and 90's I doubt we knew very much other than was on the news or in the Echo.

Good communication is good PR and Ron doesn't care. His press conference sign off was like a leaving do speech; he has checked out and was very much "Thank you and goodbye."

This for me is crunch time and when the real negotiations are going on. Kimura must decide if they are going to proceed if Ron doesn't agree to the warranties they will be wanting to put into the contracts; Ron will be deciding if he wants to sign a contract based on those warranties which will effectively be promises by him to say that he will be responsible for certain things if they start to rattle noisily from the closet at some point.

Effective negotiation means that both sides have got to be prepared to say "No" (or at least make the other side think they are going to walk away). I think Kimura are more likely to do that than Ron.

I'd love something to happen this week but it's a question I think of who blinks first.

I know there is a lot of "don't panic" on the zone and rightly so, but it's becoming critical now.

The radio silence from the club is deafening.

Wether the club gets taken over or not. The club should still be operating and that means, updates on players returning, leaving etc. Manager interviews.

Season card and match day price updates.

Pre season fixture lists and prices.

New shirt information. We always seem to be late to the party with shirts as some clubs announce theirs prior to the end of the previous season. We will be lucky to see our before pre season at this rate. This could obviously be because a new owner may want to make changes. But have an official update so we aren't having these type of conversations.

I hope this is completed this week and we can push on as a club.

I fear the zone will go into meltdown if we get to the 3rd of July (next Monday) and still total silence.
I think you'll find the club are operating and doing everything they need to be, but just aren't giving us any information.

Weren't the season card prices advised a while back? Loads of time for match day prices as there are no matches yet.

New shirts, fixtures, prices etc will all be in hand. In any event, if I were Kimura I'd want to control all that myself. There may be an agreement for the club NOT to do or say anything yet,

I know it is very, very hard, but just assume there will be no news (until there is).

DD was always going to take time. As long as Kimura are still involved I'll be happy as the next supporter.

They seem the real deal and despite the minefield that is SUFC and RM, they are throwing everything at this to get it over the line.

Unfortunately, due to the way the club has been run for the last few seasons in particular, it has made the timescale for this takeover highly important for loads of reasons.

Days, not weeks make all the difference from here on in.
It’s not like any other business, that would take time. It’s a football club that need to get things sorted out quickly, as pre season start next week, no matches planned, embargo need lifted, 8 new players to be signed. Any more delay until mid July, I can image we will start the new season badly like SCunthrope.

It’s not like any other business, that would take time. It’s a football club that need to get things sorted out quickly, as pre season start next week, no matches planned, embargo need lifted, 8 new players to be signed. Any more delay until mid July, I can image we will start the new season badly like SCunthrope.

Yes they have.

Just been reading about Leeds United takeover which if I understand correctly is by a group that already own 44% of the club which you'd think would be pretty straightforward yet they are currently paralysed, with no manager and no recruitment taking place until the takeover is confirmed. Players are due back for pre season on 2nd July. Poor old Leeds eh ? I appreciate as there is no possibility of their players and staff not being paid or Leeds going bust the comparison is a bit ludicrous but it was the parallels with the time it takes and the disruption to day to day running of a club and the effect on the season ahead that ownership changes can have even when apparently straight forward that struck me. Ours is not straight forward.

Chesterfield have sold nearly 4k season tickets. I'd like to think we could do better than that once we're finally rid of the rat.

All depends if the deal goes through or not.
Non league doesn't have a transfer window so we can splash the cash whenever if takeover is completed and we will be fine
If Kimura pull out because they have had enough of playing Ron's games and Ron stays on we are going to be in a relegation fight
But only on players that are available. By the beginning of the season you'll have the choice of leftovers or players that have priced themselves out of the market.

I didn't think I could despise anyone as much as I do Ron, he has to be one of the most odious characters ever to be involved in football. My positivity on this deal being concluded is now pretty much run out, I don't think it will happen now. Ron's got the club wrapped in his grasping tentacles and every time one is prized off another appears to drag it to the depths. I hope I'm proved wrong and a deal can be done, but that man's greed holds no boundaries

It can be done, but it costs more.

All of these things are like that if the date ticks on. There are some big ticket dates - 30 June & 12 July to concentrate minds, but I’m sure potential signings have had many a date to hand.

Whatever spin you put on it, it`s not good, Cheers Martin!!? The back end of last season staff, players, sponsors, HMRC, it goes on.... I wouldn`t blame anyone one for trying to secure their own job status elsewhere. The longer this drama drags on, with the uncertainty, it will test the resolve of all concerned. I hope that it gets over the line, but, I dread to think what has been unearthed during the DD that has been carried out.

Just a quick question, is Martin liable for all costs, wages and outstanding bills to sponsors, HMRC, and anyone else he has failed to pay over the last few months?

If Kimura takeover, they start taking responsibility for all club affairs.

Rant over, just needed to vent this, the more I read about Martin, the more I hate the bloke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back