• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up this morning feeling fine
Southend United on my mind
So I opened up the latest thread on Shrimperzone

‘Oh’
Yep. Nothing more likely to depress your day than that first moment each day when you think of SUFC and this endless, turgid sale process.

Absolutely nobody seems to give a **** about the fans and the impact this limbo has on people, and the bizarre ‘nothing to see here’ vibe emanating from the club via the OS. We’re not just paying punters for Christ’s sake. If that was all we were, we’d all have buggered off long ago. Instead we’re all glued 24/7 to social media desperate for a sign of hope - whether we like to admit it or not, that’s exactly where we all are.

Nobody seems to think any kind of even the most mild reassurance is necessary / required / deserved. Utterly depressing.

DD was always going to take time. As long as Kimura are still involved I'll be happy as the next supporter.

They seem the real deal and despite the minefield that is SUFC and RM, they are throwing everything at this to get it over the line.

Unfortunately, due to the way the club has been run for the last few seasons in particular, it has made the timescale for this takeover highly important for loads of reasons.

Days, not weeks make all the difference from here on in.

Yep. Nothing more likely to depress your day than that first moment each day when you think of SUFC and this endless, turgid sale process.

Absolutely nobody seems to give a **** about the fans and the impact this limbo has on people, and the bizarre ‘nothing to see here’ vibe emanating from the club via the OS. We’re not just paying punters for Christ’s sake. If that was all we were, we’d all have buggered off long ago. Instead we’re all glued 24/7 to social media desperate for a sign of hope - whether we like to admit it or not, that’s exactly where we all are.

Nobody seems to think any kind of even the most mild reassurance is necessary / required / deserved. Utterly depressing.
I’ve been thinking exactly this for some time, and thought maybe it was just me so I’m glad you’ve posted this.

Some may see this as being ‘over the top’ but I couldn’t care less; the club is showing a total disregard for the mental well-being of fans, many of which spend hard earned money each season (keeping the club afloat).

Yet here we are, endlessly scrolling through Shrimperzone and Twitter seeking answers/clarity on the situation.

Of course this will all be forgotten by most once the sale is complete, but I will never forgive the club (whom it concerns I’m not entirely sure) for the way they have treated us.

Fully agree with your post.
A little consideration for the supporters costs nothing.

I’ve been thinking exactly this for some time, and thought maybe it was just me so I’m glad you’ve posted this.

Some may see this as being ‘over the top’ but I couldn’t care less; the club is showing a total disregard for the mental well-being of fans, many of which spend hard earned money each season (keeping the club afloat).

Yet here we are, endlessly scrolling through Shrimperzone and Twitter seeking answers/clarity on the situation.

Of course this will all be forgotten by most once the sale is complete, but I will never forgive the club (whom it concerns I’m not entirely sure) for the way they have treated us.
Anyone at the club is being directed by the owner. I'm sure anyone working there wants to know what is happening and if they do, they would want to tell us if they were able. The 'club' hasn't treated us badly.

Anyone at the club is being directed by the owner. I'm sure anyone working there wants to know what is happening and if they do, they would want to tell us if they were able. The 'club' hasn't treated us badly.
Whilst I agree with you regarding the sale of the club, which is affected by NDAs, the same is not true about the released/retained list, pre-season friendlies, next season’s kit etc.

The club are doing social media updates reviewing last season and previewing the teams we’re playing next season. Why they think this is more interesting to us than some of the “business as usual” close season stuff is beyond me - we’re being kept in the dark about some of the basic, non- sale related stuff and I don’t understand why.

Whilst I agree with you regarding the sale of the club, which is affected by NDAs, the same is not true about the released/retained list, pre-season friendlies, next season’s kit etc.

The club are doing social media updates reviewing last season and previewing the teams we’re playing next season. Why they think this is more interesting to us than some of the “business as usual” close season stuff is beyond me - we’re being kept in the dark about some of the basic, non- sale related stuff and I don’t understand why.
It will all come out in the wash I'm sure but posts about last season and other teams in the league are pretty innocuous and wont generate further discussion. Anything currently connected to the club is being held back.

It will all come out in the wash I'm sure but posts about last season and other teams in the league are pretty innocuous and wont generate further discussion. Anything currently connected to the club is being held back.
Exactly.

I don't agree with it, but the club aren't posting anything interesting, particularly on Twitter, purely because it will be met with a tirade of abuse, questions and accusations etc. Rightly so fans will do that as well.

But they obviously think it's best to bury heads and pretend this is normal practice, so nothing negative can be tagged on their social accounts during a sale process. Net result is I doubt a single other clubs fanbase absolutely anywhere, has had less info given to them so far this summer.

Exactly.

I don't agree with it, but the club aren't posting anything interesting, particularly on Twitter, purely because it will be met with a tirade of abuse, questions and accusations etc. Rightly so fans will do that as well.

But they obviously think it's best to bury heads and pretend this is normal practice, so nothing negative can be tagged on their social accounts during a sale process. Net result is I doubt a single other clubs fanbase absolutely anywhere, has had less info given to them so far this summer.
I understand their intentions to “bury their heads” as you put it, but I think it’s all about the timescale. Bury heads for a few weeks maybe, but not months on end .

I think we would be just as well to re-order another one from AliExpress. I'm sure it would still arrive faster than the deal being concluded!
Better still, restore the one underneath. That is a classic piece of the towns history!
Yes, we should keep that old score board on show in the ground showing the original score of Southend 1 Man U 0, complete with all the blown light bulbs and all,
Yes its part of the clubs, and towns history.

True that it's Ron Martin's making, but some of these issues will be tied to the club now rather than just him.

E.g. the club's relationship with all sorts of local businesses, football clubs, agents and players. Time and money will need to be invested to repair bridges or build new ones entirely.

The burden of proof will be on new ownership (if or when it happens) to demonstrate that SUFC has changed in those respects.
im pretty positive those businesses ,agents and players know its not the fault of SUFC but the fault of just one man RM, Im sure those bridges will be repaired very quickly once we have new owners . .

I wonder if they can't launch the new kit yet as there may be a sponsor (not the main sponsor, calm down PG Site Services) added to it on the back, shorts or sleeves

1687877620856.png

I assume the emergency unfrozen bank account doesn’t have enough in it for this months wages.

You know what assume does?

On the one hand you'd hope Ron has learnt his lesson with not paying players. On the other hand it's Ron.

I have no idea if players wages will be paid, I wouldn't assume they won't be. Staff wages I'd go for unlikely to be paid unless takeover occurs.

Hence the many comments regarding Mental Health.

It's all linked.

If this does take much longer I do worry that we're looking at relegation. Which would be devastating for the club
All depends if the deal goes through or not.
Non league doesn't have a transfer window so we can splash the cash whenever if takeover is completed and we will be fine
If Kimura pull out because they have had enough of playing Ron's games and Ron stays on we are going to be in a relegation fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back