• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing there is no news today......

Anyone feeling anxious about all of this
Nope. Is what it is unfortunately.

It will remain a **** show until such a time that Kimura manage to wrestle the club from Ron.

By the end of this week would be lovely. But I won't be betting on it. All bets are off with Ron involved.

The one glimmer of hope in all this, is the involvement of Laurie Pinto. If anyone is able to take Ron down and get a deal done, it will be him. An absolute OG of football club brokering & finance. Go get him Laurie. :Worthy:

I was at the training ground when we had hardly any players. Paul Sturrock spent the whole training session, and before, and after, on his mobile talking to players and agents. Whilst the existing very few(about 3 or 4 if memory is correct), gently stretched and did light exercises with a fitness coach. It was amazing, as within days, we had a squad. Some diamonds, a few duffs. But a fairly good squad. He pulled off a minor miracle very quickly, with very little money. Well done Paul Sturrock.👍
Wow. What a terrible time. I wonder who the custodian of our great club was back then, to allow the club to be in such disarray with no players and under a transfer embargo.

Maybe Kimura needs to call his bluff. Deal needs to be done before 12th July for HMRC payment etc. They tell him unless he accepts the deal they are out. His ring will quiver and he will fold
Ron needs to pay this if the club isn't sold. Ron is still the chairman and has all the obligations that go along with that. Paying bills & staff (all staff), obtaining saftey certificates, paying suppliers.

That he feels he doesn't need to do this is the measure of the man. He is a complete scumbag.

@davewebbsbrain not a slight at you, just heard lots of talk of this being needed to get over the line by X date.

I don't think anyone here thinks Ron is easy to deal with. I don't think anyone here will be surprised at the complexity of the web Ron has tangled behind the scenes. I don't think anyone will be surprised if Ron is not forth coming with all the information on the financial web and mess he has made. He will give them what he has to. Some he won't mention, so they could get a few surprises after a takeover. (Although they are being extremely thorough to learn everything and not have surprises). They will have to drag some out of him. They will have to go very deep under the covers to learn the rest.
Anyway. That's my take on a little snippet I heard.
Yes you have to assume kimura arent muppets and were fully aware/pre warned of rons levels of utter ****e business.

I hope they stay the course.

As much as its buggering up the season getting a clean break from rm is the main thing.

Yes you have to assume kimura arent muppets and were fully aware/pre warned of rons levels of utter ****e business.

I hope they stay the course.

As much as its buggering up the season getting a clean break from rm is the main thing.
This is the reason things have taken so long. Can you imagine doing a deep dive into Ron Martin's finances? EVERYTHING is linked.

Moreover, his valuation of the deal is based on an unbuilt stadium, one that (sort of) doesn't have planning permission.

It is a wonder an progress has been made at all, the whole thing is a total mess.

From the Echo 17th July 2010 (just for a bit of nostalgia):

PAUL Sturrock’s rebuilding of Southend United has continued with five new signings.

Sturrock has brought in midfielder Craig Easton, wingers Sofiene Zaaboub and Ryan Hall, defender Mohsni Bilel and his son Blair who plays as a striker.

They have all put pen to paper on one year pre contract agreements and their registration will be completed when the club come out of their transfer embargo.

Easton has also been confirmed as the team’s new captain but Francis Laurent, Jean-Francois Christophe, Franck Moussa and Stuart O’Keefe have all expressed their desire to leave.
Bilel has a son called Blair?

From the Echo 17th July 2010 (just for a bit of nostalgia):

PAUL Sturrock’s rebuilding of Southend United has continued with five new signings.

Sturrock has brought in midfielder Craig Easton, wingers Sofiene Zaaboub and Ryan Hall, defender Mohsni Bilel and his son Blair who plays as a striker.

They have all put pen to paper on one year pre contract agreements and their registration will be completed when the club come out of their transfer embargo.

Easton has also been confirmed as the team’s new captain but Francis Laurent, Jean-Francois Christophe, Franck Moussa and Stuart O’Keefe have all expressed their desire to leave.

Splitters.

My understanding from what I have been advised is that Ron is being Ron and is trying to squeeze more and more out of Kimuira and is using the tactic of there being another interested party to put pressure on them.

Whether that party exists or whether it is a figament of Ron's imagination to be used as a negotiating tool is unknown, though the feeling is that there is no firm second bid.

Ron is now in a poker game, and I hope he realises that he has a weak hand. If not, and he overplays his hand, then we could be left with just Ron in the picture........................a situation that I am certain we would all dread.
Yes has all the signs of Ron doing a Bury fc and stuffing up the only bidder in town ...

If the Kimura deal goes through.I wonder if they know a good sparky to fix the dodgy scoreboard
I think we would be just as well to re-order another one from AliExpress. I'm sure it would still arrive faster than the deal being concluded!
Better still, restore the one underneath. That is a classic piece of the towns history!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back