• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
There generally comes a stage in DD in the more drawn out acquisitions where the other side has provided more or less all the information they are able to provide. You might want copies of certain documents but if they’ve been mislaid or never existed there’s not a lot asking for them for the fourth time is going to achieve.

Meanwhile you are continuing to wrack up fees and in the case of SUFC you risk losing assets (Jack Bridge!) and the chance of a fast start. Because as much as people say they can’t wait to come back once Ron has gone, if we lose the first five that enthusiasm is going to wane fast.
Yes, but it's down to Kimura to decide when that is. They could be close to it, or that moment could be some way away. We have no idea what's happening behind the scenes and who is now waiting on who.

The diminishing returns are that you can only ask for the same information in so many ways, either something wasn't documented or was 'lost' and no matter how long you wait or how many times you ask you won't get that information.

You also can't find everything out during DD, there will always be a stone left unturned no matter how thorough you are being.
Ok, thanks for clarification. Diminishing returns isn't how I'd put it, but yes, no point asking for the same thing over and over again.

For your 2nd paragraph, again, I agree. It's just that, as I said earlier (and in my recent reply to Yorkshire), only Kimura can decide when to make that leap.

Who is paying the players wages this week
It's a very good question and it's also just as important as any potential takeover news. If we don't pay those players, the likes of Miley and co could walk. One hopes that the account that was unfrozen, has enough in it to cover the wages for this month for the last time before the takeover.

I really hope that the takeover happens before the 1st July when contracts run out. Best case scenario is it happens this week, and then Bridge can sign that new contract. Not a lot to ask is it? 🤦

Reactions: TJC
My official view is....I'm still none the wiser as to what's going on. I shall refrain from offering opinions (informed or otherwise), or make myself seem to have an ear on the workings and machinations of this saga. I shall calmly and patiently wait for outcomes....whatever they may be. Have a great week everyone. Sorry Bill, you were wrong. There are more important things than football - even SUFC things. COYB's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back