• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they are buying from a man who had a business empire built on sand that crumbles with every passing day. A credit rating lower than and snakes belly and owns a dictionary where the words truth, honesty and integrity have all been removed.
I think they have every right to complete a thorough due diligency. RM would understand after all he used his thorough due diligency to employ Mark Molesley.
DD needs to be done, I concur, but like RM’s credit rating, the opportunity diminishes more with every passing day both financially and club reputation wise.

I agree with you however there are diminishing returns how much benefit there is in prolonging the DD, at some point you simply have to make a decision
What are these 'diminishing returns' on prolonging DD exactly?

We want rid of RM and have professional, responsible people as custodians of our club. So people doing proper, thorough DD is exactly what we're crying out for.

And even if you're right about a point when there's a bullet to bite, it will be Kimura to decide when that is. Not you or anybody else. They are the ones taking the risk if that happens, and they are the ones staring at the skeletons they've dug up.

All we can do is wait (im)patiently.

For me, the next 7 days is going to be crucial. Now I was told just over 3 weeks ago that it was going to take 2-3 weeks at least so we are upto that point. Ive heard nothing to suggest it's all gone pete tong, so thats a positive. If we want to be look to be potentially successful next season, I personally believe it needs to happen this week, so we can look to prepare for the season both on and off the pitch. If it starts dragging into July, then its going to have a pretty big impact on next season. Now next season isn't the be all but I think the new owners are going to want to hit the ground running so it's important we get RM out of the way pronto.

The support this club got last season was incredible considering what was going on behind the scenes and it obviously eventually took it's toll on the players so let's hope next season is much different!

Kev

My daughter is a corporate manager for a significant private bank, one that might well be involved in a venture of this kind. I have explained the SUFC sale situation as well as I’m able. She said the negotiations and DD would normally take months after the offer had been made (no use in asking, she is definitely not involved )

The time is running out, last things they want is we start the season badly and end up like Scunthorpe, they cannot keep ****ing around, as they have almost a month to do DD 🤷🏻‍♂️
We won't.

Even if the sale goes through in October, it will mean that a) Ron or someone has kept us afloat until then, and b) there is no transfer window in the NL so we will just get players in at that point. Probably not enough for a promotion push, but certainly nothing like Scunthorpe either.

I would much rather write off this season and have decent owners who will run the club properly rather than rush something through and risk bigger problems down the line.

The take-over is not all about this coming season. We have an existential issue to deal with first, then we can build a promotion winning side. If that happens this season, great, but if not, no big deal, we'll do it next season.

Patience is a virtue peeps...

We want rid of RM and have professional, responsible people as custodians of our club. So people doing proper, thorough DD is exactly what we're crying out for.

And even if you're right about a point when there's a bullet to bite, it will be Kimura to decide when that is. Not you or anybody else. They are the ones taking the risk if that happens, and they are the ones staring at the skeletons they've dug up.

There generally comes a stage in DD in the more drawn out acquisitions where the other side has provided more or less all the information they are able to provide. You might want copies of certain documents but if they’ve been mislaid or never existed there’s not a lot asking for them for the fourth time is going to achieve.

Meanwhile you are continuing to wrack up fees and in the case of SUFC you risk losing assets (Jack Bridge!) and the chance of a fast start. Because as much as people say they can’t wait to come back once Ron has gone, if we lose the first five that enthusiasm is going to wane fast.

This is the week! I can feel it in my waters 🤣.
No intel or knowledge, just feel this is the week. See you all in the carpark 😁🎉
The more ITK posters are suggesting it could be this week. Although I can’t remember one of the ‘super ITKs’ suggesting this (or otherwise)

Reactions: TJC

The diminishing returns are that you can only ask for the same information in so many ways, either something wasn't documented or was 'lost' and no matter how long you wait or how many times you ask you won't get that information.

You also can't find everything out during DD, there will always be a stone left unturned no matter how thorough you are being.

Im Happy Kimura are doing DD properly ,they seem like the type of owners i would want for the club ,cant speak for the rest of you. Seems to me they will be open , transparent and care for the club and the supporters .We already have in place a brilliant backroom team ,just need owners who also care for this great club and we will rise again . Im pretty sure ( just me im not ITK ) kEV AND CO were also given NDAs and cannot talk about certain matters. but just told to do there job quietly because everything is under control. STay Strong and believe people we are another day closer ,but still deep in debt for now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back