• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TB
No offence taken. And I don't disagree with you on any of those points, I'm still just puzzled as to why anyone would buy a season ticket and then not attend based on the same owner still being in charge that has been for 25 years.
If you've spent money on something that you can't get back, and you realise you're simply not going to enjoy it, is there any point in investing the time (and I suppose extra money on travel). Isn't it better to cut your losses if that's the way you see it?

As it happens I'm the same camp as you. I've renewed and have every intention of attending, but I can understand why others don't feel the same.

Apologies for being a little off topic (although for most that surely is a blessing), but was that in the Great Hall, Tony? I was at Bradford Uni between 1973 and 1976, and a highlight for me was introducing my uni mates to a storming performance from our local band Dr Feelgood. Certainly rocked West Yorkshire that night!
Just seen this and it was indeed the Great Hall. I know I know it's off topic but I was just paying Stuart W the courtesy of a reply

None of them and I include narcissist. Describe the person decision or anything else and the beviour you disagree with. It’s called arguing. Usually the point is lost when you resort to name calling. BTW the mental deficiency act had the categories as well as idiot and cretin of imbecile and feeble minded. We must be sharper in arguing the case that Ron is not the man to lead the club in the future. Why? Not because he’s a cretin or **** or ****er but because of how he has behaved.
Hence why I posited that Mr Martin might be a narcissist. I was using an accepted psychiatric/physiotherapeutic term that (unless anything has radically changed since Friday) is still a perfectly acceptable medical term for a particular condition.

I was not using it to be offensive or as a term of abuse or "name calling" it was used merely to perhaps explain some of our Great Leader's* past (and possibly current) behaviour.

* Apologies in advance if the use of this phrase offends any member or members of any North Korean dynastic family of totalitarian dictators who may stumble upon this site.

None of them and I include narcissist. Describe the person decision or anything else and the beviour you disagree with. It’s called arguing. Usually the point is lost when you resort to name calling. BTW the mental deficiency act had the categories as well as idiot and cretin of imbecile and feeble minded. We must be sharper in arguing the case that Ron is not the man to lead the club in the future. Why? Not because he’s a cretin or **** or ****er but because of how he has behaved.
I think I'll give Sicily a miss. If it's so uninteresting that you need to resort to giving a lecture on the English language on a football forum to pass your time, it's not for me. Sorry Spaceman Spiff 🙏

Last edited:
I think I'll give Sicily a miss. If it's so uninteresting that you need to resort to giving a lecture on the English language on a football forum to pass your time, it's not for me. Sorry Spaceman Spiff 🙏
Don’t bring me into this! :Moon:

There is no way Ron believed there would be no diligence. That said it’s very likely that it has been considerably more extensive than he planned for. I think it was mentioned, on one side, that Kimura are regulated and will do things properly? And on the other Ron won’t have been fully prepared, combined with a natural tendency to muck around.

Anyhow, a bit late and properly is also probably best. Looking forward to next week.

People - the club has not been sold yet for a reason. It's either because Kimura are still doing their DD or Ron is getting information for them to consider. Re the DD - you may remember that not long ago, Ron was being pursued for some VAT fraud. It was thrown out, but if I were Kimuras accountants I would be wanting to know all about that and would be absolutely scrutinising the books for anything similar. This takes time. Not even Kimura know exactly what's going on as they will only be aware of events from their own perspective and viewpoint.

100% this.

If you don't carry out a good detailed DD, then the clubs financial history could come back and bite you on your bum.

I agree with you however there are diminishing returns how much benefit there is in prolonging the DD, at some point you simply have to make a decision
The time is running out, last things they want is we start the season badly and end up like Scunthorpe, they cannot keep ****ing around, as they have almost a month to do DD 🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps those expecting Kimura to just close their eyes and dive in should read their synopsis which shows how successful they have been by presumably taking calculated risk based on facts and not emotions :

"Kimura was founded in 2013 by Kristofer Tremaine and is headquartered in London, with offices and representation in 15 other countries of strategic importance, around the globe.

Kimura’s principal focus is in providing liquidity and working capital to the global commodity markets through a series of private credit strategies, serving pools of capital from some of the world’s largest investors.

Kimura seeks to serve all market participants throughout the credit stack on a risk adjusted basis from: Fortune 500 MultiNationals to SME’s operating in niche markets.

Kimura is a signatory of the UN PRI and is a member of the ICC. We have a duty to our planet, ourselves and our investors to provide responsible capital in a sustainable and impactful manner.

Our collective expertise, track record and governance set us apart. Kimura is the only dedicated global, commodity only, private credit asset manager in the world."

Last edited:
And they are buying from a man who had a business empire built on sand that crumbles with every passing day. A credit rating lower than and snakes belly and owns a dictionary where the words truth, honesty and integrity have all been removed.
I think they have every right to complete a thorough due diligency. RM would understand after all he used his thorough due diligency to employ Mark Molesley.

Perhaps those expecting Kimura to just close their eyes and dive in should read their synopsis which shows how successful they have been by presumably taking calculated risk based on facts and not emotions :

"Kimura was founded in 2013 by Kristofer Tremaine and is headquartered in London, with offices and representation in 15 other countries of strategic importance, around the globe.

Kimura’s principal focus is in providing liquidity and working capital to the global commodity markets through a series of private credit strategies, serving pools of capital from some of the world’s largest investors.

Kimura seeks to serve all market participants throughout the credit stack on a risk adjusted basis from: Fortune 500 MultiNationals to SME’s operating in niche markets.

Kimura is a signatory of the UN PRI and is a member of the ICC. We have a duty to our planet, ourselves and our investors to provide responsible capital in a sustainable and impactful manner.

Our collective expertise, track record and governance set us apart. Kimura is the only dedicated global, commodity only, private credit asset manager in the world."
I doubt they got where they did by doing everything perfectly and by the letter either, whatever their website might protest otherwise.

And they are buying from a man who had a business empire built on sand that crumbles with every passing day. A credit rating lower than and snakes belly and owns a dictionary where the words truth, honesty and integrity have all been removed.
I think they have every right to complete a thorough due diligency. RM would understand after all he used his thorough due diligency to employ Mark Molesley.
Left us with no time to prepare for the new season, under cooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back