• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roots Hall capacity = 12,392
Average attendance = 6,057
Percentage of capacity = 49%

Fossetts Farm capacity = 21,000
Average attendance = 10,000 (your estimate)
Percentage of capacity = 48%

Therefore it’s not really any different to what we are experiencing now. I’d suggest your 10,000 predictions could be a tad light as well. The new owner effect and new stadium bounce will be massive for this club… all aboard.

Plus as @Awooga says, Even at Roots Hall things could be so much better. Pop up bar and street food, dj etc pre-match fanzone in the car park?
This last bit is so true. We could have craft beer stalls and decent food from vans like you get at music festivals. We’ve got the space in that car park and at least 5k through the door every other Saturday, use it to your advantage.

Exactly.

Not to mention the fact that you'll get a bump in attendances just by virtue of having clean, safe, modern facilities and better match day experience.

I can assure you the club is already losing its potential next generation of young supporters to London clubs in part because of the state of the facilities and the poor match day experience. Plenty of local parents won't bring their kids to Roots Hall because it's "a **** hole".

We can argue til we're blue in the face about the fallacies of that way of thinking, but it is what it is.
If I can just have a slash without doing a dumbo on ice impression then I'll be happy.

This last bit is so true. We could have craft beer stalls and decent food from vans like you get at music festivals. We’ve got the space in that car park and at least 5k through the door every other Saturday, use it to your advantage.
It was noticeable from the accounts how little was being made on food etc. The amount of people who are bringing in food from elsewhere or finishing in the street. A decent offer could drive some decent revenues

It was noticeable from the accounts how little was being made on food etc. The amount of people who are bringing in food from elsewhere or finishing in the street. A decent offer could drive some decent revenues
When Steve Kavanagh was CEO he told me that when he arrived the average spend per person per match was about 90p.

Probably a lot less now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back