• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
despite what ron said about 3 offers on the table I really do think this is now a one horse race till the finishing line .Lets all hpoe next week the deal is done Then everyone can move on to the season ahead .Have a good weekend boys and girls And start afresh next week
It will certainly be a good weekend for Southend supporters when we see a done deal ron away from the club & Kevin telling us who is staying and who we are signing , I do believe happy days are not to far away for all of us , have a good weekend yourself Tommy

Now little of topic retained list would kev of told the player the situation of who he would like to stay and who he would like to move on by now I guess so . But just thoughts despite everything going on as was wondering is there a time limit as to when we need to let league know about retained list or is there is no such thing?

Now little of topic retained list would kev of told the player the situation of who he would like to stay and who he would like to move on by now I guess so . But just thoughts despite everything going on as was wondering is there a time limit as to when we need to let league know about retained list or is there is no such thing?
League probably know already , but guess we are waiting until takeover completed to announce

70.6% * 365 * £70 * 100 = £1.8m per annum.
Assumptions can make it whatever you want.

You have taken a low occupancy rate, a very low average room rate of £70, and not included all other income streams (as pointed to in my post).

It would be very difficult to run a successful hotel at FF without it being attached to a brand and loyalty scheme. There is nothing nearby, there are no rail links, there are no restaurants, there is no golf course, there are no garden grounds.

I would imagine similar to Silverstone/Coventry/MK/Rose Bowl hotels, the stadium owners restrict the use on match days / have the ability to use it free of charge or at a low charge that is factored into the lease agreement with the operating company.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the occupancy of the hotel will not matter - the club just have to ensure they sell the lease for a few years to an investment company for a decent amount.
Agree this may carry less risk. I’m not aware of the arrangement at Silverstone/Coventry/MK/Rose Bowl hotels, but would imagine they would be very relevant business models.

Just checking in on this. So what I can make of everything right now:

• Apropos of almost nothing we’ve now got a forum full of experienced hoteliers running highly accurate projections
  • We seem to think that a 21k stadium is totally chill because Ron’s vanishing
  • I need to get to Makro and buy cases of cigars and champers to start selling outside Roots Hall?
Have I got this right?

Just checking in on this. So what I can make of everything right now:

• Apropos of almost nothing we’ve now got a forum full of experienced hoteliers running highly accurate projections
  • We seem to think that a 21k stadium is totally chill because Ron’s vanishing
  • I need to get to Makro and buy cases of cigars and champers to start selling outside Roots Hall?
Have I got this right?
And pyros to

A 21k stadium with at the very maximum 10k (including away) supporters would make us look like MK, or worse, C*l Ewe.
All the additional money going to the club from concerts and other stadium shows, American football matches, esports tournaments, ground share deal etc wouldn’t hurt. 21k makes it one of the biggest entertainment venues (ex London) in SE England….

A 21k stadium with at the very maximum 10k (including away) supporters would make us look like MK, or worse, C*l Ewe.
Why would we only get a maximum of 10k for football matches? We are at the lowest point in the league of our history right now, and our two seasons at this level have both seen us have attendances over 8,000 for matches where the opposition brought tiny numbers - especially Bromley in February 2022.

At the time we had also had years (several in a row) of terminal decline, regular visits to the courts over unpaid tax, unpaid staff and players, a crumbling Roots Hall and we were all sick to the back teeth of Ron.

Why on earth couldn’t we attract more than 1,000 or two extra fans regularly with all those problems resolved and being more successful on the pitch? We absolutely could - and what’s more we will.

All the additional money going to the club from concerts and other stadium shows, American football matches, esports tournaments, ground share deal etc wouldn’t hurt. 21k makes it one of the biggest entertainment venues (ex London) in SE England….
This is great, and very important to the overall financial model. We mustn’t forget the football though - we need to go all out to take advantage of the huge catchment area.

With the right football strategy, good football department and player appointments and strong engagement with the local community (especially schools and getting kids to matches) the fanbase could be grown massively. We just need ownership with the vision for how to achieve that and the drive to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back