• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Steve Kavanagh was CEO he told me that when he arrived the average spend per person per match was about 90p.

Probably a lot less now.
Yeah I mean when I go to Roots Hall I tend to get food from the M&S garage and a lot of others go to the Fish House. I’d gladly spend money in and around the ground if there was something decent on offer. It’s really not that hard to get a few food vans to set up in the car park. Unless there’s some sort of licensing issue. Maybe there is coz otherwise the only reason I can think this hasn’t happened is coz no one local wants to work with Ron.

We made £5K on the last accounts compared to £220k the season before. Would love a breakdown of it. Does this include alcohol? Appreciate only 3 games had fans….

Would love an update from our first national league season.

Last edited:
Last accounts were year ending July 21 which was the 20/21 season which was during lockdown - so yes £5k but stadium empty

Yeah I mean when I go to Roots Hall I tend to get food from the M&S garage and a lot of others go to the Fish House. I’d gladly spend money in and around the ground if there was something decent on offer. It’s really not that hard to get a few food vans to set up in the car park. Unless there’s some sort of licensing issue. Maybe there is coz otherwise the only reason I can think this hasn’t happened is coz no one local wants to work with Ron.
Actually you have hit on a possible money spinner with the car park idea.
Think street type stalls would go down well providing Thai, Spanish fast tasty foods.

Actually you have hit on a possible money spinner with the car park idea.
Think street type stalls would go down well providing Thai, Spanish fast tasty foods.
The car park idea is a starting point but only "captures" folks going across and into stadium. Folks can't come back out at half time nor turn up early snack, pop into bar and get back out for 2nds.
Maybe in new stadium food could be ordered for delivery to seat during game.

Huge problems at The Hall, not least is inevitable biology of consuming food and drink to body waste disposal facilities.

We made £5K on the last accounts compared to £220k the season before. That is ****ing atrocious. Would love a breakdown of it. Does this include alcohol? Staggeringly bad. What a bunch of cretins.
Yeah it’s funny how you don’t make as much money from
food and drink when you play a whole season behind closed doors.

The car park idea is a starting point but only "captures" folks going across and into stadium. Folks can't come back out at half time nor turn up early snack, pop into bar and get back out for 2nds.
Maybe in new stadium food could be ordered for delivery to seat during game.

Huge problems at The Hall, not least is inevitable biology of consuming food and drink to body waste disposal facilities.
You could have food trucks in the car park all paying a fee to SUFC. Much easier to run. Perhaps have a pass out system from inside until half time. No alcohol outside to persuade more families to attend
Inside, people will (always have) pay for quality food and drink. All sorts of new ways for the delivery of the product to the punter is happening all the time.
If it is done right particularly pricing and stewardship everyone wins.

When Steve Kavanagh was CEO he told me that when he arrived the average spend per person per match was about 90p.

Probably a lot less now.
PerCap in most football stadia is low anyway. Go to America and it’s ridiculous, here £5+ and you’re doing a great job.

You could have food trucks in the car park all paying a fee to SUFC. Much easier to run. Perhaps have a pass out system from inside until half time. No alcohol outside to persuade more families to attend
Inside, people will (always have) pay for quality food and drink. All sorts of new ways for the delivery of the product to the punter is happening all the time.
If it is done right particularly pricing and stewardship everyone wins.
They do this at the Northampton Saints ground with multiple food trucks accessible, works brilliantly. Food trucks are all the rage now as well so you could get some really varied options for all tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back