• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't see why not. Going to be running all the other events and hospitality, events is a large part of Kinura Performance's offering, and its easy enough to put someone in to run the hotel and events side.

It would be very difficult to run a successful hotel at FF without it being attached to a brand and loyalty scheme. There is nothing nearby, there are no rail links, there are no restaurants, there is no golf course, there are no garden grounds.

I would imagine similar to Silverstone/Coventry/MK/Rose Bowl hotels, the stadium owners restrict the use on match days / have the ability to use it free of charge or at a low charge that is factored into the lease agreement with the operating company.

Basically, what I'm saying is, the occupancy of the hotel will not matter - the club just have to ensure they sell the lease for a few years to an investment company for a decent amount.

Give it a rest. Who are you going to transfer your animosity to when he's gone?
Hopefully, if The Shrimpers can finally be rid of Ron’s toxic regime, there will be no need to have feelings of animosity toward anyone at all. Have you forgotten what has become of us under his tenure ? For anyone who loves this club, as so many do, I could totally understand feeling animosity to the person that took us to the bottom of the barrel….. and beyond !!
On a personal level, I hope Ron finds fulfilment, love and joy………….but just not with SUFC.

It matters not whether your name is Ron Martin, or, something else, but if you continually spend more money than you can afford you eventually have none.

Football supporters may not like you or appreciate you much while you are spending the money, but, for sure they will hate you once it runs out.

New owners take note.

Isn't this just simple economics. You can't keep things that you can't afford.

Ron's not popular in many other areas outside of football.

You can thank Covid for that
& I presume the covid-decline of the airport was one of the reasons the hotel was written out. It might be viable, who knows, but not the sure thing it was before. With Seaway looking increasingly unlikely the position may be better than it was a year or so ago.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m intrigued what maths leads to £5m revenue from a 100 room hotel?

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 50% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Maybe I’m underestimating the price of hotel rooms or expected occupancy but even with more ambitious estimates the hotel rooms alone don’t seem to come to that total.

Home office contract means £245 per night with 365 day occupancy = £89,245 per room x100 = £8,924,500.

Allow 20% running costs would give profit of about £7m.

Slowly increasing routes and pax. If Esken actually sell to someone who knows how to treat potential carriers then it could be back up to pre covid levels in no time. Flying from Southend is a real joy and so much more can be done
:Off Topic: Let's keep it to the topic please.

despite what ron said about 3 offers on the table I really do think this is now a one horse race till the finishing line .Lets all hpoe next week the deal is done Then everyone can move on to the season ahead .Have a good weekend boys and girls And start afresh next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back