• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't have thought we would actually own/run the hotel.

We would lease it to an investment fund for a pre-determined amount. That investment fund would form a company who 'run' the hotel, that company would then form a partnership with a chain to become a franchisee (Hilton/Marriot/Hyatt etc).

The actual running cost of the hotel wouldn't be important to the club at all I don't think. I could be very wrong in my understanding though.
Don't see why not. Going to be running all the other events and hospitality, events is a large part of Kinura Performance's offering, and its easy enough to put someone in to run the hotel and events side.

They say know news is good news .But who ever said that has never delt with Ron From what i have heard on the radio today and from what i have read on hear .Things seem to be moveing in the right direction just very slowly . But the take over is worth waiting for i guess .

Its great hearing all the positive vibes , Myself the deal will be done next week , i was hopin today, God willing the 22k stadium with a hotel , it makes sense to me what with an international airport close by. that sooner its finalised the beTter for all concerned including RM. Also i think Kimura will be a truly good fit for us and the club will rise again , Also think we will in no time at all be filling a 22k stadium..
It's hardly ever used these days

There will be fans from northern club, might want to book hotel in the stadium for their away games, I am sure hotel will be fully booked 100% for club with big followings.
It's not just that. Its the ability to hold concerts, weddings and multiple-day events like conferences and conventions, etc. and keep the people attending them and more of their spending on site.

It's not just that. Its the ability to hold concerts, weddings and multiple-day events like conferences and conventions, etc. and keep the people attending them and more of their spending on site.
Never mind a hotel its the last thing getting the sale over the line And rid us of ron is more important right now .

I come on here every few days just to see if there are any developments - I am in awe of those of you who live locally and know your stuff on all this technical guff. Me - I just want to see a half decent team start next season so will continue to pop in from time to time.

I think it will be John and David Lloyd in tandem with the Kursaal Flyers and Eddie and the Hot Rods

I come on here every few days just to see if there are any developments - I am in awe of those of you who live locally and know your stuff on all this technical guff. Me - I just want to see a half decent team start next season so will continue to pop in from time to time.

I think it will be John and David Lloyd in tandem with the Kursaal Flyers and Eddie and the Hot Rods
No Gary Brooker? 🤣

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m intrigued what maths leads to £5m revenue from a 100 room hotel?

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 50% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Maybe I’m underestimating the price of hotel rooms or expected occupancy but even with more ambitious estimates the hotel rooms alone don’t seem to come to that total.

70.6% * 365 * £70 * 100 = £1.8m per annum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back