• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, If he doesn't own the club, he cant call all the shots any longer.

The new owners could negotiate their own terms on when they would leave RH for FF and what must be in place to do so.

Yes and no. It will be a negotiation, but Ron has other partners in the development, for example I doubt they'd agree to a 3 yr delay whilst an entirely new planning permission for stadium was scoped and applied for. But they may well agree for phase 1 to be completed asap and new owners do what they like with the main stand. Phase 1 completion is key to everything else.

Industry standard occupancy for a successful hotel is 70-90%. Room rates for a decent hotel (verses a B&B) an average of £100 night (higher at peak times/events- go check Trivago.com & see typical rates in Southend), then people staying at hotels do eat and use the bar (add say 20%). Take off the VAT and thats starting to push £3m. Then people eating/drinking but not staying (especially if you have a half decent bar/restaurant), events, parties other hospitality and services etc., maybe park & ride for the airport and so on..
Wouldn’t have to pay the vat until they appeared in court though 😉

Does anyone know what the delay in planning permission for the second application?

Understand the Council are waiting for more information from RM before approval

Does anyone know what the delay in planning permission for the second application?

Understand the Council are waiting for more information from RM before approval

But will the second application be needed if the new owners decide to go for the already passed plans. One thing we do need though is the Rochford planning application for the installation of temporary/permanent training facilities to be approved. That seems to have taken a back seat.

But will the second application be needed if the new owners decide to go for the already passed plans. One thing we do need though is the Rochford planning application for the installation of temporary/permanent training facilities to be approved. That seems to have taken a back seat.

They wouldn't need another application for plans that have already been approved. It' does however eat into Rons profits as it will mean less property.

They may have to offer a decent cash incentive in order to convince Ron to abandon the scaled down project.

They wouldn't need another application for plans that have already been approved. It' does however eat into Rons profits as it will mean less property.

They may have to offer a decent cash incentive in order to convince Ron to abandon the scaled down project.

Perhaps a price to pay for leaving it too long to try and squeeze every extra penny out of the development. This is why I hate so much the block of properties on our main stand.

I seem to remember something along the lines of ‘There are no buyers’ or ‘No one wants to buy the club’ comes to mind. How wrong that was and perhaps if he had addressed this much earlier we wouldn’t have been in the dire position we’ve been in for the last few years.

Fingers crossed they do and can maintain the 21k plans. The reduced capacity ones look like a rush job on the drawings :Think:

Industry standard occupancy for a successful hotel is 70-90%. Room rates for a decent hotel (verses a B&B) an average of £100 night (higher at peak times/events- go check Trivago.com & see typical rates in Southend), then people staying at hotels do eat and use the bar (add say 20%). Take off the VAT and thats starting to push £3m. Then people eating/drinking but not staying (especially if you have a half decent bar/restaurant), events, parties other hospitality and services etc., maybe park & ride for the airport and so on..

I wouldn't have thought we would actually own/run the hotel.

We would lease it to an investment fund for a pre-determined amount. That investment fund would form a company who 'run' the hotel, that company would then form a partnership with a chain to become a franchisee (Hilton/Marriot/Hyatt etc).

The actual running cost of the hotel wouldn't be important to the club at all I don't think. I could be very wrong in my understanding though.

I wouldn't have thought we would actually own/run the hotel.

We would lease it to an investment fund for a pre-determined amount. That investment fund would form a company who 'run' the hotel, that company would then form a partnership with a chain to become a franchisee (Hilton/Marriot/Hyatt etc).

The actual running cost of the hotel wouldn't be important to the club at all I don't think. I could be very wrong in my understanding though.
Would we take the franchise or let someone else and we charge them rent, for me least important issue most important is getting the take over done

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back