• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
When can I release the champagne corks lol 😂
I don’t want to speak out of turn, but have you considered giving these guys a call:

So as i hear it the deal is 85% complet .Now its down to who pays what .And thats is all that is holding this up . This can rummble on for a while .Lets hope for the good of our club this is done next week .

Matt Slater suggested 95% done.

Every on hear knows Ron is a tricky coustomer to deal with .But for once it seems the two sides solisitors are thrashing out the best for both sides .

I would think, but have no knowledge, that the stadium would still be in 2 phases, but as we've heard from Tom?before the 4th main stand commencing at the same time as the other stands but taking longer to complete.

Why?

Because the development at RH and the rest of FF is dependent on it. So the faster we can get into FF stadium the better for Ron.

I would think, but have no knowledge, that the stadium would still be in 2 phases, but as we've heard from Tom?before the 4th main stand commencing at the same time as the other stands but taking longer to complete.

Why?

Because the development at RH and the rest of FF is dependent on it. So the faster we can get into FF stadium the better for Ron.

Remember, If he doesn't own the club, he cant call all the shots any longer.

The new owners could negotiate their own terms on when they would leave RH for FF and what must be in place to do so.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m intrigued what maths leads to £5m revenue from a 100 room hotel?

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 50% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Maybe I’m underestimating the price of hotel rooms or expected occupancy but even with more ambitious estimates the hotel rooms alone don’t seem to come to that total.
Industry standard occupancy for a successful hotel is 70-90%. Room rates for a decent hotel (verses a B&B) an average of £100 night (higher at peak times/events- go check Trivago.com & see typical rates in Southend), then people staying at hotels do eat and use the bar (add say 20%). Take off the VAT and thats starting to push £3m. Then people eating/drinking but not staying (especially if you have a half decent bar/restaurant), events, parties other hospitality and services etc., maybe park & ride for the airport and so on..

Its great hearing all the positive vibes , Myself the deal will be done next week , i was hopin today, God willing the 22k stadium with a hotel , it makes sense to me what with an international airport close by. that sooner its finalised the beTter for all concerned including RM. Also i think Kimura will be a truly good fit for us and the club will rise again , Also think we will in no time at all be filling a 22k stadium..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back