• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we considered that Ron could sell the land designated for the stadium build?

It would rid him of any responsibility for the new ground and it would make sense if Kimura want to push on with no residential property in the build.

In theory the land could be sold for decent value with planning permission. Handy if you need some money sooner rather than later, like Ron does.
That would be my bet, but we’ll just have to wait and see I guess

We absolutely don’t know any of that yet. All we’ve heard via the BBC Essex story this morning is that they want to go back to the 22k stadium and hotel. Who will take charge of and pay for the build, what phasing they will opt for, or anything else isn’t known yet and is probably part of the remaining discussions.
Steady on. Any more posts like this and we may just get a thread worth reading and not just filled of conjecture and hot air.

At say £50k profit per unit that’s £2million straight away to be covered on top of the extra stadium build costs. Ambitious if they (buyer) pull that off.
If you have the finance it's not the cost its whether that investment gives the right return. I would guess a 100 room hotel would deliver very ballpark £5m a year with 35% gross margins. To put it into context that probably exceeds the current revenue of the football club..then add in the increased club hospitality & commercial revenues, and getting back into the EFL.

Revenues of £15m+ should be then achievable (£7/8m club- looking historically- L1/L2, plus £2m commercial/hospitality from new stadium compared with old, plus hotel. Back of fag pocket and I suspect the vision is higher.

4 days of nights next week please announce it on Friday when I’m off will be on the **** down roots hall all day and night

Have we considered that Ron could sell the land designated for the stadium build?

It would rid him of any responsibility for the new ground and it would make sense if Kimura want to push on with no residential property in the build.

In theory the land could be sold for decent value with planning permission. Handy if you need some money sooner rather than later, like Ron does.
That would be pretty complicated too.

You’d need access roads built, services (sewers, electricity, gas etc) installed through the rest of the development site, the s106 agreement would need to be fulfilled, construction would need to be co-ordinated etc.

For that reason it’ll probably be easier (and potentially cheaper) to just agree to buy the finished produce.

If you have the finance it's not the cost its whether that investment gives the right return. I would guess a 100 room hotel would deliver very ballpark £5m a year with 35% gross margins. To put it into context that probably exceeds the current revenue of the football club..then add in the increased club hospitality & commercial revenues, and getting back into the EFL.

Revenues of £15m+ should be then achievable (£7/8m club- looking historically- L1/L2, plus £2m commercial/hospitality from new stadium compared with old, plus hotel. Back of fag pocket and I suspect the vision is higher.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m intrigued what maths leads to £5m revenue from a 100 room hotel?

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 50% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Maybe I’m underestimating the price of hotel rooms or expected occupancy but even with more ambitious estimates the hotel rooms alone don’t seem to come to that total.

Last edited:
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’m intrigued what maths leads to £5m revenue from a 100 room hotel?

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 0.5% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Maybe I’m underestimating the price of hotel rooms or expected occupancy but even with more ambitious estimates the hotel rooms alone don’t seem to come to that total.
If we play a PL club in FA Cup at home, they would pay lots of money to stay at the hotel for 2 night, before they play us the next day.

Or we sign a new player, they can be put up in the club hotel, which is next to training ground, until he find a home within the area.

The Matt Slater interview has now been clipped https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0frx2r1?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile

Key points:
He's "cautiously optimistic" the deal will go through.

Deal not easy as Kimura are signing up to buy a loss-making business with a non-existent new stadium, as things stand.

MS reassured as Kimura want to do this, are well advised and have the money.

On Tuesday, Kimura gave Ron 48 hours to get it together or they were going to walk away (sudden publication of the 2020 and 2021 accounts...) They had wanted the deal to go through last week, but it got held up by among other things a family wedding (as previously mentioned on here).

SJ took down his Instagram post after getting carried away. They are excited.

Verbal agreement in place. Legal bits are all that remain.

"Time can be stretched" when a deal hits this position, to ensure everything is double checked.

Last hurdle is to do with the new stadium. RM still hasn't signed off on the tweaked planning permission resubmission, leaving space for the old plans to be revisited by the prospective new owners.

Kimura want the training ground to be up to scratch (might be why we've seen it kept in good nick).

Kimura want the club out of the NL asap.

MS thought it might go through today, probably now next week.

If we say the average price is £70/night, then £70 * 100 rooms * 365 days a year * 0.5% occupancy is £1.27m by my maths.

Plus the fact the hotel will be run by someone else and we would simply collect a rent. I would be surprised at SUFC generating any more than 500k per season.

So as i hear it the deal is 85% complet .Now its down to who pays what .And thats is all that is holding this up . This can rummble on for a while .Lets hope for the good of our club this is done next week .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back