• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just posted pretty much the same. Yes I think it was RM's excuse to cut costs. I heard it was a budget chain? Guessing Kimura would bring their own people to manage it.
Was a Hilton Garden Inn I believe, is the current council approval for a 15k stadium? If so although only a i or adjustment would it need re approval as you would be increasing the amount of the dance in a residential area (once the houses are built)

Would much prefer a 4 sided stadium, 3 sided loses so much atmosphere

Was a Hilton Garden Inn I believe, is the current council approval for a 15k stadium? If so although only a i or adjustment would it need re approval as you would be increasing the amount of the dance in a residential area (once the houses are built)

Would much prefer a 4 sided stadium, 3 sided loses so much atmosphere
Its the 22k stadium that has approval. The 16k is the latest and hasn't yet.

22k seater version inclusive of main stand hotel and valid planning consent.

View attachment 26574

16k seater version with no hotel, 42 more main stand residential units and no planning consent.

View attachment 26575
In the top one it's around March, we've just gone 3-0 down, you can sense the anger building. Voices in the crowd: "You're ****ing **** Southend", "That's me done, never coming again. ****ing dreadful!" We're on a bad run and the manager is two games away from getting the sack. In the bottom one, it's early season, lots of optimism but we're just not gelling against really dire opposition. Two minutes after the image was created we concede a soft goal to lose 1-0.

Presumably the 16k had more residential and therefore more profit for Ron and his investors meaning more money req’d by Kimura to build the stadium and more to compensate for loss of development opportunity for RM. It would be a shame if in the short term it’s not feasible and we end up with a limited ‘landlocked’ Stadium. Probably never to have to worry about it but you never know.

I reckon that post that got everyone excited yesterday could be that they were granted exclusivity and were able to finally start moving forward. I think a sale is gonna need at least a week before we get a completion.
I was wondering if someone linked to them had a peak on here & saw the meltdown it was causing & told him to remove it pronto!

Sorry if already mentioned, but just to confirm - if the 22k seater is the one that is gone ahead with, instead of the 16k, will we have all 4 sides to enjoy once built? Or will it be in phases for both?

22k seater version inclusive of main stand hotel and valid planning consent.

View attachment 26574

16k seater version with no hotel, 42 more main stand residential units and no planning consent.

View attachment 26575
That first version is soooo much better. The second option just proves RM couldnt care less about the club & just wanted to maximise his profit by squeezing in more flats to the complete detriment of the club and its future plans & possible developements.

Presumably the 16k had more residential and therefore more profit for Ron and his investors meaning more money req’d by Kimura to build the stadium and more to compensate for loss of development opportunity for RM. It would be a shame if in the short term it’s not feasible and we end up with a limited ‘landlocked’ Stadium. Probably never to have to worry about it but you never know.
Yep, 42 extra residential units above the central section of the main (north) stand.

click here to see the two images I provided so you can see the difference.

Sorry if already mentioned, but just to confirm - if the 22k seater is the one that is gone ahead with, instead of the 16k, will we have all 4 sides to enjoy once built? Or will it be in phases for both?
We absolutely don’t know any of that yet. All we’ve heard via the BBC Essex story this morning is that they want to go back to the 22k stadium and hotel. Who will take charge of and pay for the build, what phasing they will opt for, or anything else isn’t known yet and is probably part of the remaining discussions.

Yep, 42 extra residential units above the central section of the main (north) stand.

Scroll up to see the two images I provided so you can see the difference.
At say £50k profit per unit that’s £2million straight away to be covered on top of the extra stadium build costs. Ambitious if they (buyer) pull that off.

The second images feels just like the Hall; surrounded by flats. I think it looks a bit ugly from the outside, but if Kimura were able to purchase the stadium and some / all of the flats within, then it could be a valuable revenue stream for the club. I don't think Ron would give up that part of the pie though.

Have we considered that Ron could sell the land designated for the stadium build?

It would rid him of any responsibility for the new ground and it would make sense if Kimura want to push on with no residential property in the build.

In theory the land could be sold for decent value with planning permission. Handy if you need some money sooner rather than later, like Ron does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back