• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the new owners go with the 22K plus hotel stadium plan. Already has planning permission so no reason why spades cannot go in the ground instantly.
The bigger capacity will allow for bigger crowds and higher degree of comfort and far less restricted views. I think these guys will be able to put on group events with tickets available linked to a hotel reservation. They can work hand in glove with the hotel.

All sounds good to me

I really hope the new owners go with the 22K plus hotel stadium plan. Already has planning permission so no reason why spades cannot go in the ground instantly.
The bigger capacity will allow for bigger crowds and higher degree of comfort and far less restricted views. I think these guys will be able to put on group events with tickets available linked to a hotel reservation. They can work hand in glove with the hotel.

All sounds good to me
So if they go with the hotel does that mean we can lose the built in blocks of flats which are an abomination to me, or are we stuck with them regardless?

All sounds good to me

21k seater version inclusive of main stand hotel and valid planning consent. ⬇️

southend_united_stadium22k.jpg

16k seater version with no hotel, 42 extra main stand residential units and no planning consent. ⬇️

C_300_BOWL_V003.jpg

I reckon that post that got everyone excited yesterday could be that they were granted exclusivity and were able to finally start moving forward. I think a sale is gonna need at least a week before we get a completion.

Let’s do it could easily have been them submitting an offer etc

Was a good listen that.

Also, the new group are looking at revisiting going back to 22k for FF with the hotel too.

Same. Chance it might stretch into the following week, but everybody involved knows how important it is to get it done quickly. I said before that being thorough doesn't necessitate taking ages.
Is the expectation that they’ll buy the club and the new stadium together or that they’ll buy the club first and then seek to nail down an agreement for the new stadium?

A sale contract for the club can get agreed in a week but if one for the new stadium development hasn’t even gone out (and I wouldn’t expect one to have until a sale was agreed in principle) then that will take much longer to finalise.

If Matt is happy and excited and Chris is happy and excited, then I for one trust their judgements.

So far the noises we are hearing are very positive...

*Local lads who know about the club and area

*Appear to have good, possibly significant financial backing

*Have a good contacts book (RW/DJ and others)

*Wish to retain Academy

*Looking at the possibility of sticking with the 22k FF development

*Already have a very good digital content arm which could be invaluable

*Have lots of people involved in various areas of sport and lots of knowledge to pull on
i read all that and think its wonderful, but have the sneaking suspicion Ron reads that and is overcome with jealousy and envy.

Just for once, will he do the right thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back