• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Matt is happy and excited and Chris is happy and excited, then I for one trust their judgements.

So far the noises we are hearing are very positive...

*Local lads who know about the club and area

*Appear to have good, possibly significant financial backing

*Have a good contacts book (RW/DJ and others)

*Wish to retain Academy

*Looking at the possibility of sticking with the 22k FF development

*Already have a very good digital content arm which could be invaluable

*Have lots of people involved in various areas of sport and lots of knowledge to pull on

Listened to Matt Slater on BBC Essex this morning

Starts 08.05am
Ok I'll admit defeat, I can't work out how to find Matt Slater's report on BBC Essex. All I can get to is the live program on now, or a selection of older programs not including that one. Anyone point me in the right direction?

If Matt is happy and excited and Chris is happy and excited, then I for one trust their judgements.

*Wish to retain Academy

*Have lots of people involved in various areas of sport and lots of knowledge to pull on
They could be transformative for this club.

Ron accepted bid after getting a week to do so … of course Ron took the full week
I don't want to sound like I'm defending him, but I would imagine his attention and time was taken up by the Insolvency Court hearing and the immediate actions that came out of it (accounts filed by COP same day). That may have been seen as a more immediate concern due to the risk of the club being expelled from the National League. After the hearing finished, he was back in the room with Kimura and the agreement came that evening. Perhaps the near-cataclysmic events of earlier that day focused minds a little.

*Wish to retain Academy

Obviously no-one has a crystal ball, but we couldn’t ask for much more than this. People were jizzing over Nash, the more I hear about these guys the more I’m excited it’s them over him. On paper they seem a great fit.

I did ask the question last week about the possibility of them wanting the 22k stadium, as it had planning permission already and a hotel to potentially make money. My question has now been answered. Whether they get that as part of the deal or not is a different question.

Amazing to think they nearly walked away this week, as they wanted it sorted last week, and we were almost booted out of the league too. This week was arguably the biggest in our history and many of us didn't realise until the last minute. Another example of when Ron made someone wait which nearly cost the club. Let's just hope the next milestone in our history is a positive one.

I still worry that the last bit of digging in the DD is going to unearth a huge stumbling block that is going to make them back away. The financial abyss of Southend United has been covered up for so many years by Ron, who knows what's being hidden. I have everything crossed that nothing is found and we are celebrating next week or the week after.

I still worry that the last bit of digging in the DD is going to unearth a huge stumbling block that is going to make them back away. The financial abyss of Southend United has been covered up for so many years by Ron, who knows what's being hidden. I have everything crossed that nothing is found and we are celebrating next week or the week after.
That is the biggest remaining worry, but I absolutely don’t think they will be backing away at this stage. Neither they nor Ron want this deal to collapse, so it’s about reaching agreement on whatever is uncovered. Ron actually can’t afford for this bid to fail now and hasn’t got time to get to this stage with anyone else now either. So the Kimura lads are firmly in the box seat. Within a week I reckon this will be done and dusted, fingers crossed.

I did ask the question last week about the possibility of them wanting the 22k stadium, as it had planning permission already and a hotel to potentially make money. My question has now been answered. Whether they get that as part of the deal or not is a different question.

Amazing to think they nearly walked away this week, as they wanted it sorted last week, and we were almost booted out of the league too. This week was arguably the biggest in our history and many of us didn't realise until the last minute. Another example of when Ron made someone wait which nearly cost the club. Let's just hope the next milestone in our history is a positive one.

Matt Slater says the deal is 95% done and that he even hoped it could be completed this week, but now thinks next week.

I’m cautiously optimistic, we’re in as good a place as we could be considering the circumstances.

Things are looking promising now. So I’m off to spoons for pre celebration drinks.
I feel fairly confident that the 22k stadium and hotel will go ahead, it really is the way to go . It would be a serious statement of intent from the new owners. COYB’s

I don't want to sound like I'm defending him, but I would imagine his attention and time was taken up by the Insolvency Court hearing and the immediate actions that came out of it (accounts filed by COP same day). That may have been seen as a more immediate concern due to the risk of the club being expelled from the National League. After the hearing finished, he was back in the room with Kimura and the agreement came that evening. Perhaps the near-cataclysmic events of earlier that day focused minds a little.

And a family wedding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back