• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm as delighted as anyone at the prospect of the end of years of living on a knife edge, but are we getting a little swept away with just getting rid of Ron? Which given the last 5 years (or more) is clearly needed and a welcome outcome, but what do we know about the new owners intentions for us and the reasons for taking us on?
What is interesting is that Vic and Ron were both clearly interested in the development opportunities Southend United offered.
Without that element I just wonder what is the motivation? Arguably, thats something to celebrate on its own, i.e. not being looked at as purely a development opportunity?

Don't get me wrong, anything is an improvement on taking the club to the brink like this, but looking forward to hearing the why, objectives and motivation.

Cautiously optimistic, but wary. Is that unfair?

I'm as delighted as anyone at the prospect of the end of years of living on a knife edge, but are we getting a little swept away with just getting rid of Ron? Which given the last 5 years (or more) is clearly needed and a welcome outcome, but what do we know about the new owners intentions for us and the reasons for taking us on?
What is interesting is that Vic and Ron were both clearly interested in the development opportunities Southend United offered.
Without that element I just wonder what is the motivation? Arguably, thats something to celebrate on its own, i.e. not being looked at as purely a development opportunity?

Don't get me wrong, anything is an improvement on taking the club to the brink like this, but looking forward to hearing the why, objectives and motivation.

Well its quite simple in a very basic sense. If we stick with Ron we die very soon with anyone else we have a chance of last longer regardless of how much longer that is.

I think this consortium/group are a fantastic opportunity and I havent seen anything negative about them at all. CP even posted how excited he is with what he hears about them and I imagine he knows a lot more than what the vast majority of us do.

I think a combination of two things should put you mind at rest:

1. Links to the area (not just outsiders looking for a business opportunity). Two very successful relatively young local businessmen one of who has Spud as father-in-law.

2. The ability to create new and enhanced revenue streams through their main businesses and partners. Take a look: https://www.kimuraperformance.com/

Both of these things play to genuine affinity for the club and ability to deliver a sustainable future. Who wouldn't have settled for that at the beginning.

I don't know much about the consortium at all, but I do know that Matt Slater (Southend fan) covers takeovers for The Athletic and he said that this was one of the most promising takeovers he'd seen recently from the info he has gathered. On top of that Chris Phillips seems to have heard good things too:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back