• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, but first we need to lift an embargo, then we need to convince out best players to stay and finally we need to bring in the right replacements to make us better than last season. None of that is impossible, but it's not going to be a rapid process.
I don’t know for sure, but I would hope that all the bills will be settled by either Ron or the new owners (depending on what has been agreed in the deal structure) as the takeover completes. The embargo could then be lifted within days, in theory.

Ahead of that, I’d be surprised if Tom doesn’t already have an indication of the budget for next season and a number of targets are (I think) lined up and in the loop on the sale process.

We could see quite a few announcements in short order when the sale is completed.

Agreed, but first we need to lift an embargo, then we need to convince out best players to stay and finally we need to bring in the right replacements to make us better than last season. None of that is impossible, but it's not going to be a rapid process.
I get your cautiousness but I don't think we are that far away. It's only Bridge that we need to convince to stay really. Hobson is going by all accounts, so he's the only one that I'm worried about. The keepers, I'm not so sure what Kev's thinking is.

We need a few strikers, another CB, maybe two if Ralph goes, a CM and a goalkeeper. The nucleus of the side is there.

GK?
GSM Lomas Kensdale LCB? Bridge
Husin Cav CM?
Cardwell ST?

We still have Taylor, Wes or Mooney to put into midfield. Powell up top to fill a gap until we recruit.

It's not a gigantic rebuild that's needed. We've apparently been linked to Ling, Justham and Mo Sagaf. They all fill those roles required. If we could go back for Dallas and Dackers too, that would be great. If this takeover happens, players will come to us, and we don't need that many.

Last edited:
I will jump up and down and light the fires when I see what the actual deal really looks like

In the meantime as a shareholder im expecting the minimum incentive of an EASY jET type fast lane to the freshly cooked onions cubicle and a special Japanese Toilet facility , with all those extra buttons for pleasure, healing and unusual ways of cleansing

Nah, hms **** the league this season 😄.

Yes all dependent on getting rid of ron and embargo. But it bodes well on the football side.
The irony of all this nonsense is that last season I attended more away games than I have in years, only missed a couple of home games and I watched some delightful football, some appalling tosh, and enjoyed watching the team play more than I have in years. Anything better next season will be a real bonus.

I will jump up and down and light the fires when I see what the actual deal really looks like

In the meantime as a shareholder im expecting the minimum incentive of an EASY jET type fast lane to the freshly cooked onions cubicle and a special Japanese Toilet facility , with all those extra buttons for pleasure, healing and unusual ways of cleansing
Those Japanese loos are a thing of beauty & amusement in equal measure.

I get your cautiousness but I don't think we are that far away. It's only Bridge that we need to convince to stay.l really. Hobson is going by all accounts, so he's the only one that I'm worried about. The keepers, I'm not so sure what Kev's thinking is.

We need a few strikers, another CB, maybe two if Ralph goes, a CM and a goalkeeper. The nucleus of the side is there.

GK?
GSM Lomas Kensdale LCB? Bridge
Husin Cav CM?
Cardwell ST?

We still have Taylor, Wes or Mooney to put into midfield. Powell up top to fill a gap until we recruit.

It's not a gigantic rebuild that's needed. We've apparently been linked to Ling, Justham and Mo Sagaf. They all fill those roles required. If we could go back for Dallas and Dackers too, that would be great. If this takeover happens, players will come to us, and we don't need that many.
Don’t forget Mooney!

To any and all ITK’s, I understand NDA’s, confidentiality etc, but can we expect the deal to be done in (pardon the what has become a, pun) days not weeks?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back