• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any imminent announcement would surely be of a period of exclusivity though rather than a "done" deal? It would mean an agreement being reached, but they'd still have to do their DD.

Still, cautiously optimistic though...one step at a time

Any ITK's aware of Kev and Co being kept up to date?
How has the club (I assume Tom Lawrence but may be wrong) been with communication? Have they been close to leaving?
I understand that Tom has been involved in some way from day 1, so with that in mind I can’t envisage any changes or problems with the current management structure.

I know it’s a bit premature but I’m looking forward to a live podcast after the takeover is announced. Hopefully this will be at a venue where supporters can attend.

This has got to involve the Shrimperstrust, other supporters groups, Kevin Maher, Tom Lawrence, Stanley Victor and anyone who is knowledgeable enough about commercial takeovers to ask some probing questions of our new owners. I’m also very keen to hear all their hopes and aspirations for the club, how they will fit in with ours and how we all go forward.

There's a lot of euphoria going on in this thread at the moment, and rightly so if the runes have been dropped our way. But I'll just be happy to get the deal over the line, get all club employees paid up to date and our creditors sorted as well.

The next stage will be the recovery and rebuild and the prospect of the club flying soon is a long way off yet in my opinion.
Not sure i agree with that. The football side is the only thing going well for the first time in years.

If kev can get results and keep the spirits up despite the hell of last season, imagine what he can do with a decent owner and a full roots hall.

Not sure i agree with that. The football side is the only thing going well for the first time in years.

If kev can get results and keep the spirits up despite the hell of last season, imagine what he can do with a decent owner and a full roots hall.
Agreed, but first we need to lift an embargo, then we need to convince out best players to stay and finally we need to bring in the right replacements to make us better than last season. None of that is impossible, but it's not going to be a rapid process.

Agreed, but first we need to lift an embargo, then we need to convince out best players to stay and finally we need to bring in the right replacements to make us better than last season. None of that is impossible, but it's not going to be a rapid process.
Nah, hms **** the league this season 😄.

Yes all dependent on getting rid of ron and embargo. But it bodes well on the football side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back