• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the preferred bidder is effectively public knowledge should we expect a deal to be completed very shortly (within a week) or are we still a fair way off?

I gather the timing of the announcement is nothing to do with a takeover being imminent. It's more that word was starting to get around.

I gather there are still plenty of hurdles to clear. It's a complex deal what with it including a stadium that as yet doesn't exist.

Now the preferred bidder is effectively public knowledge should we expect a deal to be completed very shortly (within a week) or are we still a fair way off?
Hard to say. Bid is sitting with RM. Down to him now.

Both sides want it done quickly - buyers because they want to get to work on next season, and Ron because he wants to hospital pass the outstanding debts and decisions that need to be made onto them ASAP.

I can't see it going beyond the end of June. Might be a matter of weeks if RM plays ball and doesn't drag his feet.

I have no doubt in Ray Winstones ability to run b wing in borstal, but what does he know about running a football club? No that you need any qualifications or experience, Ron's been getting away with it for years. Are we about to get our own Netflix documentary?
Maybe he just wants to put some money in so it matters more?

There must be dozens on here who know the 'names' but like BoyWonder says there is always trolls looking to sneer at those in the know....including so called fans from other clubs.

At the moment the 2 main contenders are the man who's useful with a basket ball and the favourite is handy with a snooker ball or two.

This has been confirmed to me by someone who is more than in the know but has no connection to the club.
The snooker ball reference now makes sense. Scum :)

Hard to say. Bid is sitting with RM. Down to him now.

Both sides want it done quickly - buyers because they want to get to work on next season, and Ron because he wants to hospital pass the outstanding debts and decisions that need to be made onto them ASAP.

I can't see it going beyond the end of June. Might be a matter of weeks if RM plays ball and doesn't drag his feet.
Weeks not months :Smile:

Can’t find anything to suggest where the sorts of funding we would need is coming from. Kimura Capital hasn’t a great deal of substance to it. Is one of the hedge funds they manage investing? Are they they one of a wider group of investors whether via a fund or not? Lots of questions but no obvious sight of where the money is that I can see?

Looks like they’ll be borrowing it. They look like they have the expertise from their day jobs to rustle it up. The ground will be the major cost and they’ll have a couple of years to come up with that but most of that can be borrowed (ie take out a mortgage on Fossetts). How that’s then paid off is another matter but it looks like they have a few ideas of how to increase revenue streams (and experience of doing so). The Ray Winstone involvement for example looks like him fronting a Wrexham style docu.

You can see the type of things they’ve been involved with

Yes - some will know him from earlier school days as well. There are a number of connections here which make sense.
Very early days though so let's see how things play out.

Always likely that a local buyer would have connections on here. What surprised me is how no one on here seems to have ever had any Tom Lawrence connections. Surely someone on here must have been to school with him or something? If so they’ve never mentioned it.

My mate used to work for a guy called Gary Petitt who is apparently great mates with Ray and started a sports management agency with him. Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but this guy has money and I notice Chris Phillips is following him on twitter
It’s the same guy. But there’s money and then there’s the money required to buy and run a football club. You need sufficient money that you wouldn’t blink at losing £25m.

well..... I suppose i would have to admit that ANYTHING is better that the toxic presence of that "person", but these "truths, half truths, rumours, maybe's, and hearsays" are not exactly making me reach for the Champagne quite yet.

I was hoping for a fabulously wealthy, football loving individual who would come to love SUFC as much as the rest of us, and have the funds, vision and commitment to transform the club, while being part of our community........ but from what Ive read today, we might be getting a motley, disparate gaggle of individuals including a Mr Winston, a couple of pals, a hedge fund, a couple of ex players not really known for their brilliant football skills or management acumen, and one or two others.

Will a consortium, including hedge fund managers, really be looking to the welfare of the heart and soul of our club.?? I doubt it .

With his appalling history of bad choices, Its EXACTLY the sort of **** poor option i would expect from that "person".......... and I very much suspect that if this goes through, he will STILL be connected and behind the scene pulling strings........ possibly as our bloodsucking landlord ? WTF !!?? WE JUST WANT HIM GONE... TOTALLY AND FOREVER !!

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but after years of what that "person" has done to us, its hard to escape from underneath the black cloud that he has created.

Hope Im wrong.

The 21k plans have a hotel in - would need to find a hotel partner to make that work. With the airport in **** state financially I don't know if that is possible.
The Hilton pulled out but an economy hotel was willing to go in there.

Also, the airport is slowly getting back onto its feet too. Talks of airlines returning there fully, so who knows what could happen.

Maybe it's not viable to go back to those plans, but you never know.

It’s the same guy. But there’s money and then there’s the money required to buy and run a football club. You need sufficient money that you wouldn’t blink at losing £25m.
100%, I don't know the details but I was commenting on him having money in the context of being part of the consortium to buy a national league club. I'm not getting ahead of myself by any means

Looks like they’ll be borrowing it. They look like they have the expertise from their day jobs to rustle it up. The ground will be the major cost and they’ll have a couple of years to come up with that but most of that can be borrowed (ie take out a mortgage on Fossetts). How that’s then paid off is another matter but it looks like they have a few ideas of how to increase revenue streams (and experience of doing so). The Ray Winstone involvement for example looks like him fronting a Wrexham style docu.

You can see the type of things they’ve been involved with

Always likely that a local buyer would have connections on here. What surprised me is how no one on here seems to have ever had any Tom Lawrence connections. Surely someone on here must have been to school with him or something? If so they’ve never mentioned it.

A guy I work with, who is a couple of years older than me, went to Primary School with him if that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back