• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
My knowledge of Kimura is that it runs a fund that does supply chain financing in commodity trades. Financing the trade between the time taken when the seller loads the commodity onto a ship and the buyer receives it. It's quite a lucrative business - but they were looking for investors - I don't think they were using their own funds for the trades, but rather they managed it and charge a management fee. As others have said, the firm is relatively small. I'm sure theyre wealthy guys behind it, but not super wealthy. So I'd be hoping they had other backers - who obviously weren't expecting a return on their money.

I think at one point they may have been into bitcoin or something - maybe they were in earlier and became mega wealthy on that?

Not sure you’ve read this correctly… he was seen at Fenchurch last week, which is where the Kimura UK operation is based.
So is the Tower of London, he might have fancied seeing the Crown Jewels (AKA the war chest) one last time?

I’ll wait to get excited on this one, Ron has a habit of ****ing things up. Nice to have some names, not sure about the Ray Winstone involvement, never been a fan of his. Doesn’t mean he can’t turn that around if he helps bring success to the club I love. Time will tell how this plays out.

Spoke to Barry Hearn at a boxing charity event 2/3 years ago - got the impression that there's no way he'd go back into football.
Barry Hearn’s parents bought a place and lived in Shoeburyness many many moons ago. He mentioned that in a podcast episode and I’ve seen him many years ago at a restaurant by Kursaal when it was a curry house so has links as well as living up the road but agree, can’t see him getting involved

I hope the other interested party steps up to the mark? I could see Ron getting into to bed with this lot though

Dont quite no way but Im feeling markedly underwhelmed at the moment

I hope the other interested party steps up to the mark? I could see Ron getting into to bed with this lot though

Reverting back to my post yesterday… if you were expecting Nash then you might feel underwhelmed. I think it’s a case of wait and see if they have the funds to buy the club the new ground and the training ground then they clearly have funds

He gave these guys a period of exclusivity to complete a deal, so I suspect the 2nd horse in the race has been sidelined for now and may well not be engaged with much unless this deal collapses.

Last edited:
I have no doubt in Ray Winstones ability to run b wing in borstal, but what does he know about running a football club? No that you need any qualifications or experience, Ron's been getting away with it for years. Are we about to get our own Netflix documentary?
I'd love to be in the dressing room if he gave a half time talk

"You Slags"

Spud pulled out in front of me from RH car park last Saturday and turned left into East Street. I thought he was there watching the Junior football finals. But...

It was said on the athletic article that kimura sponsored an event the other week at RH, so thats maybe why he was there... I see him over Chalkwell Park quite often with the grandkids and dad used to play vets football with him for courtlands and him and Gary Nelson were always very humble and down to earth guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back