• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some early quick decisions if this goes through.

Make sure all staff are paid and rewarded

appoint Management Team, including Kev and Co, possibly beef up Stans Role if possible by mutual consent

Confirm and expand Recruitment team if we can afford it or at least ensure Still is mentoring an understudy
Pay up and end the embargo and get the white board functioning and contracts being sorted
Agree the Management structure, hierarchy and decision making process
That should give us the first fortnights baseline

I’d argue that our “recruitment team” has never been as big, and wouldn’t need expanding.

We’ve no idea what the new owners will do, but let’s say they stick with what we have at the moment for arguments sake.

Our recruitment team consists of Kev, Benno, Currie, Collymore, Still and his army of scouts. When talking to potential new signings, we have the option of sending up to 5 different people to talk to them to “sell” the Club to them, 6 if Tom Lawrence gets involved, and has been 7 with RM, but take him out of the equation obviously.

Not many sides at this level, or even 1/2 potentially even 3 levels above have that sort of clout.

You could send any of the management trio, two of which are ex-players who have both won promotion and played in cup finals so can talk about those times and recreating them. Currie can talk about the support, he has mentioned it time and time again on social media. You could send it Collymore, a Premier League legend, a former England international, arguably our greatest ever player. He can talk about his 6 months, the battle against relegation and how the spell at the Club was his happiest time in football. You’ve then got non-league legend Still. How many players has he picked up who have gone on to make serious careers in the game? He can mention those, and how you are his next big thing. I know how highly he rates Jack Wood, and thinks he can make the very top. Finally, you’ve got Lawrence, the money man, and fan of the Club. He can talk numbers, but also his experiences as a fan, the stuff behind the scenes that makes us great etc.

Potentially ahead a “face” like Winstone (Wrexham have used both their owners like that in transfer talks) and it would be hard to turn us down going forward.

We don’t need to expand our recruitment team.

Went from NDA Central to....here's exactly who and talks are advanced.
Funny old game

There is a reason this has been “leaked”.

A few journalists, including CP, have known about this for a while. Hence CP confirming the story via Twitter.

The reason The Athletic “broke” the story as opposed to CP & The Echo is for the amount of media coverage this story will attract. It would take longer via CP. The Athletic has a much wider reach.

The two obvious reasons why it’s been leaked are either a deal is “close” and both parties are happy for this to become public knowledge and in the next 2/3/4 weeks RM goes. OR, one party is putting a bit of pressure on the other, and that party isn’t RM. It potentially could work, or could put his back up.

Both parties want a deal done quickly, as has been discussed by others, so hopefully this is just a gentle nudge to help.

Well if the Ray Winstone rumours are true that he and a group of local businessmen are in advanced talks to takeover SUFC ,im happy and all for it Reading the dossier on him he seems like a very astute business man as well as a film star. And with local businessmen also i think ( God Willing ) we will not only survive but have a good solid foundation for the future.

well..... I suppose i would have to admit that ANYTHING is better that the toxic presence of that "person", but these "truths, half truths, rumours, maybe's, and hearsays" are not exactly making me reach for the Champagne quite yet.

I was hoping for a fabulously wealthy, football loving individual who would come to love SUFC as much as the rest of us, and have the funds, vision and commitment to transform the club, while being part of our community........ but from what Ive read today, we might be getting a motley, disparate gaggle of individuals including a Mr Winston, a couple of pals, a hedge fund, a couple of ex players not really known for their brilliant football skills or management acumen, and one or two others.

Will a consortium, including hedge fund managers, really be looking to the welfare of the heart and soul of our club.?? I doubt it .

With his appalling history of bad choices, Its EXACTLY the sort of **** poor option i would expect from that "person".......... and I very much suspect that if this goes through, he will STILL be connected and behind the scene pulling strings........ possibly as our bloodsucking landlord ? WTF !!?? WE JUST WANT HIM GONE... TOTALLY AND FOREVER !!

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but after years of what that "person" has done to us, its hard to escape from underneath the black cloud that he has created.

Hope Im wrong.
Luckily you are wrong. There is serious money behind this bid, Kimura is a corporate lender, and two of the most senior people at the organisation went to school in Southend. As has been stated in the article, their plan is to take everything of Ron's hands.

Luckily you are wrong. There is serious money behind this bid, Kimura is a corporate lender, and two of the most senior people at the organisation went to school in Southend. As has been stated in the article, their plan is to take everything of Ron's hands.
Including the whole FF development and Roots hall development?

Bare in mind Ron doesn't own all of that?

There is a reason this has been “leaked”.

A few journalists, including CP, have known about this for a while. Hence CP confirming the story via Twitter.

The reason The Athletic “broke” the story as opposed to CP & The Echo is for the amount of media coverage this story will attract. It would take longer via CP. The Athletic has a much wider reach.

The two obvious reasons why it’s been leaked are either a deal is “close” and both parties are happy for this to become public knowledge and in the next 2/3/4 weeks RM goes. OR, one party is putting a bit of pressure on the other, and that party isn’t RM. It potentially could work, or could put his back up.

Both parties want a deal done quickly, as has been discussed by others, so hopefully this is just a gentle nudge to help.
Ah, the old ‘Blue knights’ tactic……

It would be very interesting, to see what happens next when the takeover takes place.

For instance TL has done an incredible job, for as much some people have attempted to throw him under a bus he has worked under the the restraints of an inept owner and done a great job and is high regarded by many. Will the new owners want their own CEO in place with a fresh outlook or will TL be part of directing and he ship into sunnier days? Unsure if anyone ITK, would know this?

Also, from conversations which I know took place last week, I understand the residential property part of FF and RH, would be sold by RM to a developer separately due to entangled web of loans against different parts of land? Would this affect the build of the stadium or will the new owners be looking to buy the full project up?

If Peter Taylor is involved somehow, that would mean him and John Still who know non league football inside out, I would just be concerned too many cooks and all that, so would be keen to hear the structure they plan to put in place.

I personally think it’s great to see local lads, helping their local club (supporters or not) but I’m sure they’ve been in the stands many times. I hope this is the end of the hell the club has been through in recent times and we can look forward to a brighter future very soon!

Will be interesting if and when it happens, how the community will react.

We’ve already proven that we can muster 8k fans @ home that’s with Ron as our owner, match day experience cr&p and all the accumulated problems.

What when we are Ronless, secure, £ invested into the squad (hopefully), smiles on faces.

How many Kerry’s are there, fans that have stayed away due to Ron & the situation, how many of those will return and hopefully we’ll secure some borderline/new fans.

If they plan this correctly, could be some meaty revenue I.e when I go to a home friendly, ready with £ in my pocket to buy a shirt, I want it to be there rather than it not being there and thinking can't be ars@d now!

The positives about this, we’ll hopefully have Tom to get all this in place, he’ll be an extremely busy boy and this process-driven CEO will have a plan. Unlike others.

Well if the Ray Winstone rumours are true that he and a group of local businessmen are in advanced talks to takeover SUFC ,im happy and all for it Reading the dossier on him he seems like a very astute business man as well as a film star. And with local businessmen also i think ( God Willing ) we will not only survive but have a good solid foundation for the future.
I think ( and a relief to the very partisan amongst us) Ray will be used as the ambassador type role to assist and help in the lucrative deals , to create avenues for the new investors etc .. I’m not sure you’ll see him signing cheques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back