• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they’ll be borrowing it. They look like they have the expertise from their day jobs to rustle it up. The ground will be the major cost and they’ll have a couple of years to come up with that but most of that can be borrowed (ie take out a mortgage on Fossetts). How that’s then paid off is another matter but it looks like they have a few ideas of how to increase revenue streams (and experience of doing so). The Ray Winstone involvement for example looks like him fronting a Wrexham style docu.

You can see the type of things they’ve been involved with

Looks like this'll be a different league for them. Mostly seem to be into eSports, oh and they have given 10k to westcliff rugby club women's team.

Further write-up from Chris Phillips:

A GROUP of businessmen are in advanced talks to buy Southend United.

It can now been confirmed that Blues chairman Ron Martin has held discussions with the group which includes Peter Taylor’s son in law Simon Jackson and former Westcliff High School pupil Kris Tremaine from Kimura Capital, an investment and asset management company.

Integral Sports Management – who have links to Southend due to Great Wakering based tennis player Ryan Peniston – are also part of the bid.

Reports in the Athletic revealed the link was formed when Tremaine joined the board of ISM last year.

But it is not known if Winstone is involved in the bid at this stage.

However, the group are keen to purchase the club as well as the new stadium and are also known to want to save the Shrimpers’ academy.

Veteran financier Laurie Pinto, who helped broker the Glazers’ takeover of Manchester United, has also been involved with the group.

Controversial chairman Ron Martin put the Shrimpers up for sale in March after 25 years in charge.

Martin has struggled to finance the club in recent seasons with staff paid late on regular occasions.

Blues have also been under a transfer embargo since September due to money owed to HMRC.

The club also have until July 12 to pay off an outstanding tax bill of £250,000 after surviving another winding up petition earlier this month.

Looks like this'll be a different league for them. Mostly seem to be into eSports, oh and they have given 10k to westcliff rugby club women's team.
Let's just back track a second. Last week In court proof of funds where made available to the court in order to complete a purchase.. if they didn't have the money then that would have been ignored during court. I don't know how they are funding this I have no clue. But If there wasn't some evidence to say they could we wouldn't still have a club...

I like that people with a local connection are interested but whether they have the kind of financial clout to take the club to a much higher level is yet to be seen.

It's not going to be cheap.

That is why I was hoping for Nash and his billionaire friends

The new ground project is great and one thing but resigning players and getting new players in to get out this league is another!

Hopefully, we’ll see some investment and add some quality alongside some good current contracted players!

whoever buys the club should see the opportunity without Wrexham and Notts this season

They could have a few rich mates knocking about. You tend to know those types of people running a hedge fund
I hope they do have very wealthy contacts

Lots to look forward and wait to see

Wonder how the Consortium of interested parties will actually structure themselves to make key decisions for the club, Will any of current Board remain. ?

Will the level of influence between all the contributors in the Consortium be based on a kind of Share type arrangement

Will the Daliels or PG Site services still be involved. Is their a risk of big squabbles if a lot of disparate people are involved and become dissatisfied with their roles?

Loads more questions and hopefully answers to emerge and who knows maybe, just maybe a bit more genuine regular and open communication with the fan base for the first time in years

well..... I suppose i would have to admit that ANYTHING is better that the toxic presence of that "person", but these "truths, half truths, rumours, maybe's, and hearsays" are not exactly making me reach for the Champagne quite yet.

I was hoping for a fabulously wealthy, football loving individual who would come to love SUFC as much as the rest of us, and have the funds, vision and commitment to transform the club, while being part of our community........ but from what Ive read today, we might be getting a motley, disparate gaggle of individuals including a Mr Winston, a couple of pals, a hedge fund, a couple of ex players not really known for their brilliant football skills or management acumen, and one or two others.

Will a consortium, including hedge fund managers, really be looking to the welfare of the heart and soul of our club.?? I doubt it .

With his appalling history of bad choices, Its EXACTLY the sort of **** poor option i would expect from that "person".......... and I very much suspect that if this goes through, he will STILL be connected and behind the scene pulling strings........ possibly as our bloodsucking landlord ? WTF !!?? WE JUST WANT HIM GONE... TOTALLY AND FOREVER !!

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, but after years of what that "person" has done to us, its hard to escape from underneath the black cloud that he has created.

Hope Im wrong.

Didn't you say there was no interest 3 days ago?

Not going to get excited yet, as far as we know nothing is signed and sealed.
I know Ron is desperate, but just don’t trust the minger.

Woke up to this news and have to admit my first reaction was based on my visceral hatred of all things W**t H*m and wasn’t positive.

But then I came to my senses and I realised if they can bring a sense of normality and a stability, pay the wages on time and keep us clear of winding up orders then this proposed takeover is a good thing.

If we end up in the new ground which we own and can get the revenue streams from then it could be a game changer.

On reflection I don’t have even an issue with the Ray Winstone thing necessarily. As long as it’s him as an individual and not as part of some broader alignment with that lot up the road. Start having their reserves or women’s team play on our ground and I have a problem.

But right now we might be within weeks of getting Ron Martin out of the club so I’ll see the positives.

Ray Winstone was/is Patron of the Southend Film Festival

He still is a patron of Southend Film Festival. He stars in a film called "A Bit of Light" being screened at the opening gala of this year's Southend Film Festival at Southend Odeon on Thursday 8th June - 8pm.

We need some early quick decisions if this goes through.

Make sure all staff are paid and rewarded

appoint Management Team, including Kev and Co, possibly beef up Stans Role if possible by mutual consent

Confirm and expand Recruitment team if we can afford it or at least ensure Still is mentoring an understudy
Pay up and end the embargo and get the white board functioning and contracts being sorted
Agree the Management structure, hierarchy and decision making process
That should give us the first fortnights baseline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back