• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we all get nostalgic for the old grounds but no one can argue that the facilities haven't improved the ground there. It maybe hasn't improved the atmosphere but the match day experience is a lot better for a wider audience now. Roots Hall is a disgrace and beyond saving in many parts of the ground.

I went behind the goal at Orient for the cup game when Bond was in charge (his last game I think). In the stand, they had pie and mash on offer and their own beer on tap. Yes that's a new thing after Hearn had left but he put the facilities in place to facilitate those options thereafter.

He left the club because he took the club as far as he could with the resources he had. He knew he couldn't better that league 1 playoff final and that was their only chance under him to go up. He left the club in a good financial state and has placed on record his huge regret for selling the club to that Italian charlatan.

I'm not saying he'd be an amazing choice and be top of my list, but he's most definitely not the worst option if it was to become into fruition.

Still beg to differ thou.

For me personally, I would not want BH to be the owner of our SUFC.
DONT get a good feeling about the chap, have a feeling he would be buying SUFC for all the wrong reasons.

Saw it tonight when I drove along the front by Thorpe bay.

Why on earth would it just be sat there?

Im sure that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation but does seem odd.
Perhaps the chairman’s invitation to stay in Phil Browns old suite at the Roslin didn’t appeal to them..

I'm sure it's been mentioned but the Walmart heiress is married to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Laurie

Just saying
they will do me as owners, sports loving family and billionaires, can see Southend having a good football club and Basketball team ,As i said there are opportunities for a mega rich family in Southend , I remember how the pier used to be ,also could do with a marina there really turn Southend into the Essex Riviera ,positives from that close to London ,Close to France etc. Give locals more work opportunities and as Rigsby said could hold really top boxing tournaments etc Bring a lot of money into the city

Last edited:
I was having a shave and a shower ,its where most of my silly thoughts come to me and i know i have posted some sily threads at times , well heres another. I was thinking about The Waltons and their Super Yacht moored off of Thorpe Bay. i for one would lve it if they were here to talk to RM , But the thought came to me that they may already know a lotabout SUFC and probably Southend from a lad that used to come watch SUFC play many years ago with his father. Now the Yacht it says comes from Miami, ow if that is so im sure Nancy and her husband would know this lad ( man ) quite well as he owns a soccer club in Miami, i think if Nancy and Husband have come to negotiate with RM ( which i hope they have ) and they have a consortium perhaps this person would be part of that consortium and he knows football very well . Yes im talking about an Essex boy David Beckham , sounds silly i know ,but who knows gosh i hope its true , i do believe in miracles and i do believe in God .

I was having a shave and a shower ,its where most of my silly thoughts come to me and i know i have posted some sily threads at times , well heres another. I was thinking about The Waltons and their Super Yacht moored off of Thorpe Bay. i for one would lve it if they were here to talk to RM , But the thought came to me that they may already know a lotabout SUFC and probably Southend from a lad that used to come watch SUFC play many years ago with his father. Now the Yacht it says comes from Miami, ow if that is so im sure Nancy and her husband would know this lad ( man ) quite well as he owns a soccer club in Miami, i think if Nancy and Husband have come to negotiate with RM ( which i hope they have ) and they have a consortium perhaps this person would be part of that consortium and he knows football very well . Yes im talking about an Essex boy David Beckham , sounds silly i know ,but who knows gosh i hope its true , i do believe in miracles and i do believe in God .

Using a corded shaver in the shower has frazzled your mind! 😁

However it is no more or less plausible than most of the previous 160 or so pages

I think you are into the realms of fantasy Jones.

John Boy has done well. I remember when his Daddy had a wood yard and he drove an old truck.

but can Beckham play snooker? Does he know Ray Winstone? It’s all so confusing. I’m off for a lie down on my super yacht

Anyone taking on FF would surely want to have their own say in the design of the stadium. But wouldn't that set back the planning again?. I see this as a potential stumbling block for a FF deal.
Would suit me, tbh. The three sided council estate stadium is hardly inspiring. Get out of non league still at roots hall. Say goodbye to the old girl properly.

Even if things were ok with ron, when has he ever hit a deadline. Am hoping our next owners are competent business people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back