• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it tonight when I drove along the front by Thorpe bay.

Why on earth would it just be sat there?

Im sure that there is a perfectly reasonable explanation but does seem odd.
Waiting for permission to proceed down the Thames into London perhaps? I'm not that clued up on maritime business to be honest

Or more likely, they've obviously come to see the world's longest pleasure pier :Smile:

I think he almost did when it comes to his current preferred bidders. From what I've heard, it appears as though some approaches are being dealt with a little bit arse-about-face. As in a meeting or meetings taking place between the interested party, RM and his sons at RM's solicitor's office. Then if that goes well, or things progress from there, then Moxey comes into play more and subsequent meetings include him. It seems.

I haven't had confirmation but I don't believe Nash to be in the running anymore. I can't get anything out of the person who has been telling me about it, so my suspicion is that an NDA was signed and some initial talks had but he's now out of the running, and nothing can be disclosed because of the agreement.

It's a shame if he's no longer in the running as he excited me but perhaps I got carried away with my hopes and it was too good to be true.

It did occur to me that perhaps he is part of this preferred group but very much in the background as a secret investor/partner, but that's an almost drug-induced level of hopeful guess...!
My thoughts are this ….

I’m not sure Nash is Ron’s preferred bid. I’d be surprised if they come to the for front from what I gather (Although I could be wrong) There was a comment from somewhere saying I hope they are not underwhelmed . If you want Nash and he doesn’t arrive then you would assumingley be underwhelmed.

I believe the preferred bidders are Home Counties London based. The snooker clue being the correct one, but one of a group. From what I believe to understand if successful Ron’s preferred bidders will be a huge huge huge difference to the club and the community

Waiting for permission to proceed down the Thames into London perhaps? I'm not that clued up on maritime business to be honest

Or more likely, they've obviously come to see the world's longest pleasure pier :Smile:
All vessels over 40m long require a river pilot on the Thames. I'd suggest thats what they are waiting for.

My thoughts are this ….

I’m not sure Nash is Ron’s preferred bid. I’d be surprised if they come to the for front from what I gather (Although I could be wrong) There was a comment from somewhere saying I hope they are not underwhelmed . If you want Nash and he doesn’t arrive then you would assumingley be underwhelmed.

I believe the preferred bidders are Home Counties London based. The snooker clue being the correct one, but one of a group. From what I believe to understand if successful Ron’s preferred bidders will be a huge huge huge difference to the club and the community
Do you think that group of bidder's have enough financial clout to buy FF and the Club?

Do you think that group of bidder's have enough financial clout to buy FF and the Club?
Anyone just taking the club on would be mad and makes no business sense.

As crazy as it sounds we need someone with the financial clout to take on the club and deliver or own FF. Anything less than that and I’d have concerns about their ability to fund the club for any great length.

Anyone just taking the club on would be mad and make no business sense.
Anyone taking on FF would surely want to have their own say in the design of the stadium. But wouldn't that set back the planning again?. I see this as a potential stumbling block for a FF deal.

Anyone taking on FF would surely want to have their own say in the design of the stadium. But wouldn't that set back the planning again?. I see this as a potential stumbling block for a FF deal.

The main FF housing development (and Roots Hall) just need the 3 sided phase 1 stadium built, which already has planning permission (although there is also the recent submission for a slightly smaller 3 sided phase 1).

I guess there is a scenario where the buyer agrees that the FF developer builds phase 1 stadium and the buyer is free to either build one of the main stands with planning or submit new plans for a main stand.

How close can we get to the boat? Can we get the placards ready, Any nice suggestions/welcome messages, to prompt an immediate sell could prove decisive, preferably comments full of love and admiration etc

Mention the lovely smile, the wonderful, philanthropy, the water colouring, , love of paintings, , Health Institute etc. performing arts

Dont over mention the motor bike accidents and subsequent bravery coping with the pain
We love the boat name Kaos throw that in there as we are used to that
We also love that the Waltons deserve to be the richest Family in the World and My dad used to sing off Southend pier to earn a few bob and as part of his act jump in the water, So We love enterprise etc

Tbh I hope whoever buys the club wants the stadium with full capacity. That's what we already have planing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back