• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is such a head****. I get people like to joke etc on here but there is so much confusion. @rigsby was you joking regarding the above and indicating that Nash is still interested as others have recently suggested otherwise.
I've qualified mine as just an understanding. He could well be the 2nd of the 2 horses in the race but I've no idea for sure as I can't get any further info - possibly due to an NDA.

My understanding is that if he is still in, that he is not leading the race unless he's a background investor in the preferred bidder's group. I doubt it, but not impossible.

If its Ray Winston he must be heading up a consortium.

I cant imagine they can match the money of Nash and his business partner who is a billionaire so i would be shocked if they are not the favourite bidders..

There must be dozens on here who know the 'names' but like BoyWonder says there is always trolls looking to sneer at those in the know....including so called fans from other clubs.

At the moment the 2 main contenders are the man who's useful with a basket ball and the favourite is handy with a snooker ball or two.

This has been confirmed to me by someone who is more than in the know but has no connection to the club.
Woman from Bangkok?

Just a guess. Could it be Barry Hearn who is the preferred bidder? Maybe wanting to get back in to it after selling Orient a while back and after all Matchroom ran the snooker etc. Would be great to get boxing at Fossetts if that was the case.

Repeat it a few more times and he'll appear in your m
Just a guess. Could it be Barry Hearn who is the preferred bidder? Maybe wanting to get back in to it after selling Orient a while back and after all Matchroom ran the snooker etc. Would be great to get boxing at Fossetts if that was the case.
NOOOOOO.
A friend of myself was a die hard leyton orient fan for over 40 years, season ticket etc...
He stopped goinng to the orient because of B Hearn.
Hearn was just interested developing the ground for his own means and match room. And sod the football club, he had no interest in it at.

So imo, sod Greedy Hearn.
He is in the same class Ron. No thanks.

NOOOOOO.
A friend of myself was a die hard leyton orient fan for over 40 years, season ticket etc...
Hearn was just interested developing the ground for his own means and match room. And sod the football club, he had no interest in it at.

Sounds like the exact buyer Ron would want!

NOOOOOO.

I wonder if your friend thought the same when they got to the league 1 play off final and only narrowly lost because of an Alex Revell wonder goal.

At least he paid his staff on time and helped the facilities improve at the stadium.

Hesitate to even post this, but someone who is not a complete muppet and a business acquaintance, mentioned Eddie Hearn to me a while ago. I discounted it and would suggest a coincidence and all to do the same. But would suggest now Eddie rather than Barry would be more likely…

I wonder if your friend thought the same when they got to the league 1 play off final and only narrowly lost because of an Alex Revell wonder goal.

At least he paid his staff on time and helped the facilities improve at the stadium.
I would beg to differ.
He built flats in the corners of the ground, nice, who does that remind you of. Then the flats then paid for the match room stand. I would personally not say that, that had improved the ground.

Went their when the terraces were open behind the goals, a lot better then.

I think it was due to BH, INPUT that helped orient fall into national league.

Either way, a surporter from boy to man giving up his club does not come easy.

Hesitate to even post this, but someone who is not a complete muppet and a business acquaintance, mentioned Eddie Hearn to me a while ago. I discounted it and would suggest a coincidence and all to do the same. But would suggest now Eddie rather than Barry would be more likely…
I wouldn’t mind Eddie Hearn in all fairness. He has built boxing up well, is an Essex lad, good connections and could lead a consortium.

NOOOOOO.

Wasn't my experience of Barry Hearn. At that time I had connections to Orient. Yes he built commercial enterprise on the 4 corners, but parts were linked to the club and he left it with no debts and treated all staff very well. He promised things like trip to Vegas on delivery of results and stood by his word. He also had lots of do's at his home for all staff, including players and back room staff. He was a gentleman of his word but a very shrewd businessman and also always had time to chat to people anywhere.Obviously he wasnt everyones cup of tea, but Him and Ron are chalk and cheese.

NOOOOOO.

They're nothing like Ron. Both Hearns are shrewd in business.

I would beg to differ.
He built flats in the corners of the ground, nice, who does that remind you of. Then the flats then paid for the match room stand. I would personally not say that, that had improved the ground.

Went their when the terraces were open behind the goals, a lot better then.

I think it was due to BH, INPUT that helped orient fall into national league.

Either way, a surporter from boy to man giving up his club does not come easy.
I know we all get nostalgic for the old grounds but no one can argue that the facilities haven't improved the ground there. It maybe hasn't improved the atmosphere but the match day experience is a lot better for a wider audience now. Roots Hall is a disgrace and beyond saving in many parts of the ground.

I went behind the goal at Orient for the cup game when Bond was in charge (his last game I think). In the stand, they had pie and mash on offer and their own beer on tap. Yes that's a new thing after Hearn had left but he put the facilities in place to facilitate those options thereafter.

He left the club because he took the club as far as he could with the resources he had. He knew he couldn't better that league 1 playoff final and that was their only chance under him to go up. He left the club in a good financial state and has placed on record his huge regret for selling the club to that Italian charlatan.

I'm not saying he'd be an amazing choice and be top of my list, but he's most definitely not the worst option if it was to become into fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back