• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was thinking back and remembered someone mention one interested party was from Asia, got me thinking with the game growing so fast in India ,i wondered if that interested party was an Indian Billionaire ,person like that could do what is happening at Wrexham and sell SUFC to the public in India, just as Reynolds has done in America .

Personally i would love it to be a consortium from the Philippines ,even though i know that wont happen, they again could sell it to the people here in the Philippines and help football grow here , sounds silly i know but seriously not unreasonable, many rich people here and many that love football and people of the Philippines love there sport whether it be basketball, boxing , all sports . A consortium maybe headed by MP would grow massive support here and help football grow immensely . And people would take to it watching the club grow from rags to riches and begin to climb up the league. I think the same can be said for many countries in Asia especially those lower down the football pyramid in asiand football.

Genuinly you really believe that ? You suggest Martin would sell to someone who’s a better fit for the club rather than who he can make more money out of now and in the long term? I would suggest the complete opposite as far as Martin is concerned
Yes, I do. Because I don't think anyone has got as far as actually negotiating anything yet. At the moment they're just getting information and doing their Those words are banned, and proving funds. If he's pulled out (assuming he eas ever in) or the agents believe someone else is the preferred bidder then I'm inclined to trust them.

As I said, Ron still has the capacity to screw this up. I just don't think he's had the chance yet.

That said, it all comes down to how badly he wants rid. If he's desperate (and I hope he is) then he hopefully won't mess people around. Only time will tell.

Yes, I do. Because I don't think anyone has got as far as actually negotiating anything yet. At the moment they're just getting information and doing their Those words are banned, and proving funds. If he's pulled out (assuming he eas ever in) or the agents believe someone else is the preferred bidder then I'm inclined to trust them.

As I said, Ron still has the capacity to screw this up. I just don't think he's had the chance yet.

That said, it all comes down to how badly he wants rid. If he's desperate (and I hope he is) then he hopefully won't mess people around. Only time will tell.
On the basis of the evidence presented by the way RM has run the club in recent years - and in particular his current willingness to risk losing good players currently out of contract by declining to get the transfer embargo lifted - I have to say RM is likely to interpret a good deal for the club as one that comes closest to meeting his valuation of what he is selling.

Personally i would love it to be a consortium from the Philippines ,even though i know that wont happen, they again could sell it to the people here in the Philippines and help football grow here , sounds silly i know but seriously not unreasonable, many rich people here and many that love football and people of the Philippines love there sport whether it be basketball, boxing , all sports . A consortium maybe headed by MP would grow massive support here and help football grow immensely . And people would take to it watching the club grow from rags to riches and begin to climb up the league. I think the same can be said for many countries in Asia especially those lower down the football pyramid in asiand football.

Given the Filipino love of Baskeball a consortium headed by Nash including a Filipino would do the trick. Can you write to Manny? He has plenty in his pocket.

SUFC sponsored by Jollibee? That’s the catering sorted as well! Knocks spots off a KFC.

Latest news concerning Steve Nash coming out of the States is that he's been interviwed for head coach at the Toronto Raptors.

Whilst this might not preclude any bids/interest in SUFC as I'm sure his business interests are seperate from his every day life I'm sure it would from any day to day involement were he to make a bid. Personally this has put a real dampener on my hopes that this was the case and I now see it as a huge negative and I await LS to confirm this.

https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/report-raptors-meet-with-steve-nash-nick-nurse-finalist-in-milwaukee

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...onto_Raptors&usg=AOvVaw3VhQqc6gS60iZajwYaDCSI
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...onto_Raptors&usg=AOvVaw3VhQqc6gS60iZajwYaDCSI

How can you say it’s a huge negative? We don’t know who the current bidders are etc who knows they could be better than him. Time will tell

How can you say it’s a huge negative? We don’t know who the current bidders are etc who knows they could be better than him. Time will tell
To me it confirms the other reports that Nash is no longer in the bidding. As you say only time will tell.

I hope you are wrong though no change getting a deal done in 50 days if they haven’t negotiated yet

I think he almost did when it comes to his current preferred bidders. From what I've heard, it appears as though some approaches are being dealt with a little bit arse-about-face. As in a meeting or meetings taking place between the interested party, RM and his sons at RM's solicitor's office. Then if that goes well, or things progress from there, then Moxey comes into play more and subsequent meetings include him. It seems.

Latest news concerning Steve Nash coming out of the States is that he's been interviwed for head coach at the Toronto Raptors.

Whilst this might not preclude any bids/interest in SUFC as I'm sure his business interests are seperate from his every day life I'm sure it would from any day to day involement were he to make a bid. Personally this has put a real dampener on my hopes that this was the case and I now see it as a huge negative and I await LS to confirm this.

https://torontosun.com/sports/basketball/report-raptors-meet-with-steve-nash-nick-nurse-finalist-in-milwaukee

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1ydSm6or_AhXYQUEAHdpyDf4QFnoECE4QAQ&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Raptors&usg=AOvVaw3VhQqc6gS60iZajwYaDCSI
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj1ydSm6or_AhXYQUEAHdpyDf4QFnoECE4QAQ&url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Raptors&usg=AOvVaw3VhQqc6gS60iZajwYaDCSI
I haven't had confirmation but I don't believe Nash to be in the running anymore. I can't get anything out of the person who has been telling me about it, so my suspicion is that an NDA was signed and some initial talks had but he's now out of the running, and nothing can be disclosed because of the agreement.

It's a shame if he's no longer in the running as he excited me but perhaps I got carried away with my hopes and it was too good to be true.

It did occur to me that perhaps he is part of this preferred group but very much in the background as a secret investor/partner, but that's an almost drug-induced level of hopeful guess...!

Last edited:
I think he almost did when it comes to his current preferred bidders. From what I've heard, it appears as though some approaches are being dealt with a little bit arse-about-face. As in a meeting or meetings taking place between the interested party, RM and his sons at RM's solicitor's office. Then if that goes well, or things progress from there, then Moxey comes into play more and subsequent meetings include him. It seems.

I understand that the first meeting with RM didn't go well in the eyes of the bidder but something changed in the following weeks, evidently for the better. There may yet be more of a rollercoaster ride, we'll have to wait and see.

I haven't had confirmation but I don't believe Nash to be in the running anymore. I can't get anything out of the person who has been telling me about it, so my suspicion is that an NDA was signed and some initial talks had but he's now out of the running, and nothing can be disclosed because of the agreement.

It's a shame if he's no longer in the running as he excited me but perhaps I got carried away with my hopes and it was too good to be true.

It did occur to me that perhaps he is part of this preferred group but very much in the background as a secret investor/partner, but that's an almost drug-induced level of hopeful guess...!

Yes, my view now. Best we could hope for. I'm guessing any interest in a SUFC takeover would be more of a distraction for him if he's looking to get back into coaching at the top level.

In the transfer thread, there is talk that no budget has been set for next season yet. Do we think this is a good sign, that Ron really doesn't expect to be here

In the transfer thread, there is talk that no budget has been set for next season yet. Do we think this is a good sign, that Ron really doesn't expect to be here
All I would say is things will need to be sorted out soon as we approach pre season

We have no money to set a budget with, we can’t even pay staff on time, let alone sign anyone.

I admire your optimism though 👍🏻

There are clear reasons why we wouldn’t have set and fixed a budget yet.

The stated aim is to complete a sale before next season starts, and you would think that the budget under a new owner would be different to the ‘hand to mouth’ subsistence budget a lingering Ron ownership would have.

However I would think that there are outline budgets that have been discussed for the different scenarios, with possibly the new ownership options in a range - not megabucks options (which theoretically could be an option, but we’re not really that lucky are we) but sensible budgets that allow us to compete seriously in the division next year.

Some of those budgets may well be discussed during the sale processes (probably the latter stages) such that an outline business plan and football department budget is clear at the point a sale is announced. We’ll have to see. If this is the case though, clearly some of those details would be known to Tom and Kev - and May help in retaining existing players and making approaches / pre-contract agreements with key targets.

Please can everyone make sure to wear your lucky pants every day, or rub your rabbits foot every day (or whatever else is your lucky superstition) until the sale is announced. If any of that cobblers is real, the future of the club could be in your hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back