• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was ever interested I doubt he even got as far as speaking to Ron.
He wouldn’t have had to speak to him but the terms of which a sale is offered is dertmined by Ron and will be more or less attractive to various buyers depending on their aspirations and wallets

For those thinking Ron doesn’t have any influence or ability to muck this up really hasn’t been paying attention for the last few years

He wouldn’t have had to speak to him but the terms of which a sale is offered is dertmined by Ron and will be more or less attractive to various buyers depending on their aspirations and wallets

For those thinking Ron doesn’t have any influence or ability to muck this up really hasn’t been paying attention for the last few years
It's more likely Ron discussed everything with the agents beforehand and any discussions would have been between the agents and the buyer on that basis.

However, I agree that Ron has the ability to monumentally screw this up because ultimately any deal (including any compromises) will need to be agreed by him. I'd be surprised, however, if anyone has got that far yet.

I'd be disappointed if its not Nash and Co but tbh anyone that saves the club, rids of Ron and runs the club properly has to be better than what we have now.

Can there be worse? Only the Oystens and that fella at Bury spring to mind. Maybe George Reynolds

My biggest worry is we get someone who doesn't fully understand what it will cost for the club and quickly runs out of money leaving us even worse than we are now. Although the death would be much quicker I would imagine.

Maybe this is a naive statement but I would have thought the involvement of Jez Moxey and GSW would take an element of risk out of the potential future owner in that they would have completed their own Those words are banned on them in terms of having sufficient funds for purchase and also for future years. It’s not like Ron is just flicking it on to a mate of his over a pint. Am I wrong to think they would have completed their own checks? Surely if they don’t they put their own reputation at risk.

Maybe this is a naive statement but I would have thought the involvement of Jez Moxey and GSW would take an element of risk out of the potential future owner in that they would have completed their own Those words are banned on them in terms of having sufficient funds for purchase and also for future years. It’s not like Ron is just flicking it on to a mate of his over a pint. Am I wrong to think they would have completed their own checks? Surely if they don’t they put their own reputation at risk.

I would imagine their remit is to meet Ron Martins sale conditions and make their commission. The longevity of the club isn't their priority.

In a way, yes. But if he's pulled out then he's not the right person. If there is a preferred bidder (which I believe there is) then it must be that someone is considered a better fit. It's also possible he took one look and decided we're too much of a basket case for him, in which case he really isn't the right person, and is that actually disappointing?

This is obviously all hypothetical as none of us really know.
Genuinly you really believe that ? You suggest Martin would sell to someone who’s a better fit for the club rather than who he can make more money out of now and in the long term? I would suggest the complete opposite as far as Martin is concerned

I would have thought it would be in their interest too to see the club sold ? I wouldn’t expect them playing a complete neutral game

I'd be disappointed if its not Nash and Co but tbh anyone that saves the club, rids of Ron and runs the club properly has to be better than what we have now.

Can there be worse? Only the Oystens and that fella at Bury spring to mind. Maybe George Reynolds
Some of Wrexham's former owners were pretty bad, it's partly why their fans have been so supportive of us, they've been through similar themselves.

I would imagine their remit is to meet Ron Martins sale conditions and make their commission. The longevity of the club isn't their priority.
I would expect GSW to do Those words are banned and tthe preferred bidders to be a good fit for the club,Its in their own interests to do that ,reputation is a big thing, and im sure thy do this well ,what with the times as they are they could attract many more clubs that are on their knees to come to them for help in finding new owners, and not just football clubs. They have a good reputation i dont think they would want to harm it and just go through the process and find any old bidder who cannot hypathetically afford to buy us ,just for a commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back