• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite a few people have said he isn't one of the interested parties now.
The fact Lincoln shrimper is very quite and hasn't come out and said Nash has pulled out, still feels me with hope he hasn't.

Lincoln shrimper said Nash first made contact with the club back in December, so must be very keen on the club and is one of the Bidders.

So i am hanging on to that dream until i get Lincoln shrimper or Ron telling me otherwise...🤞

Well that's disappointing
In a way, yes. But if he's pulled out then he's not the right person. If there is a preferred bidder (which I believe there is) then it must be that someone is considered a better fit. It's also possible he took one look and decided we're too much of a basket case for him, in which case he really isn't the right person, and is that actually disappointing?

This is obviously all hypothetical as none of us really know.

In a way, yes. But if he's pulled out then he's not the right person. If there is a preferred bidder (which I believe there is) then it must be that someone is considered a better fit. It's also possible he took one look and decided we're too much of a basket case for him, in which case he really isn't the right person, and is that actually disappointing?

A very mature, sensible and reasonable way to see it. Quite unshrimperzone 😙

Could preferred bidder indicate that the deals are also different.
One may want all or everything straight away.
Another might envisage Ron as a development partner,
Another may favour payment in installments as build progresses for example.

Or he might have been exactly the right person for the club but wouldn’t dance to Ron Martin’s tune at this point

The fact Lincoln shrimper is very quite and hasn't come out and said Nash has pulled out, still feels me with hope he hasn't.

Lincoln shrimper said Nash first made contact with the club back in December, so must be very keen on the club and is one of the Bidders.

So i am hanging on to that dream until i get Lincoln shrimper or Ron telling me otherwise...🤞
You'd believe what Ron might say?

A better fit for us or for Ron as a seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back