• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
As with these things you can only deal in facts. The fact is the club is up for sale and in 50 or so days could be wound up. Unless something changes!

I have an unreliable source who has a cousin and he has a friend who knows one of the ITK’s here (I could tell you which one but it’s on a need to know basis). Anyway, it has leaked out that that a certain family once associated with Blackpool are as thick as thieves with Ron and seem likely to take over. Apparently Ron and Karl have developed quite a rapport, mainly as they share certain views on how a football club should be run.

I have an unreliable source who has a cousin and he has a friend who knows one of the ITK’s here (I could tell you which one but it’s on a need to know basis). Anyway, it has leaked out that that a certain family once associated with Blackpool are as thick as thieves with Ron and seem likely to take over. Apparently Ron and Karl have developed quite a rapport, mainly as they share certain views on how a football club should be run.
That's about as funny as having a deep seated hernia and a very troublesome cough!

Has anyone got an update with where we are at from the ITK zoners without passing any judgement.

If I’m up to date their are 2 bidders with 1 preferred.

Is there anything that can be released without crossing the line and compromising your positions.

Thank you kindly

1 preferred but not cast iron certs .We would all like to think this would be over the line by thr 15 of july .But some how this may drag on a lot longer than is wanted .

Couldn’t agree more, last pre season I was shot down numerous times for things that turned out true, I will not be putting myself in the line of fire again.
That’s a shame mate. I remember there being a bit of an issue, so I’ve just gone back through the posts and there were two main times that issues occurred.

First time was about a player signing and you were I think just not known to many on here and got a bit of blowback as folks tried to suss out if you were legit (as we do have a lot of leg pullers on here, among other things). It wasn’t too bad, but some folks could have been more polite.

Second time was a bit more serious but then so was the subject - it was about wages being late in early September. Some of the pushback went too far, and that’s not acceptable. However, it is worth noting that that was (for most of us) the very first hints of the **** to come which embargoed us for the season, killed our chances of success, and brought HMRC back as a key regular topic. At the time we were all on a high thinking ‘Southend are back’, so to say this rumoured news was unwelcome is an understatement - but that does not justify some of the pushback you got, which involved quite a bit of modding.

After that, as your provenance had been demonstrated and we’d all discussed in chit chat how your previous treatment was unjustified, you continued to share insights and tidbits without incident and with much appreciation.

There haven’t been incidents of note since in this regard, so it would be a huge shame if you now decided to keep schtum going forwards. Especially as the past issues were fully resolved and we were back to all benefiting from, and thanking you for, your knowledge with Zoners recognising this and being grateful for it.

The mods are here to try to whack any moles that get out of line. In online social media ‘there’s always one’ as they say - but please work with us on that and those folks will be kept in line.

I sincerely hope your source is unreliable. Karl Oyston did not distinguish himself as Chairman of Blackpool in the eyes of many of its supporters and the club's playing fortunes have certainly improved markedly since he departed from the club.

I sincerely hope your source is unreliable. Karl Oyston did not distinguish himself as Chairman of Blackpool in the eyes of many of its supporters and the club's playing fortunes have certainly improved markedly since he departed from the club.
You might have just had a whoosh moment Rob 😁

The preferred bidder worries a bit as we all know that RM falls for a big name.
Have to remember it’s not just Ron involved in the sale process many others are also involved as well as the agent. Try not to worry, try to look on the positive side in the knowledge that he wants out and doesn’t/can’t continue to fund going forward. (know that is difficult after the last few years) there are positive steps happening just give it time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back