• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't duped anyone.

Gosh -

You are, however, half right that the debt only really exists in RM's head.

ok 50% of it in his head .. and 50% ??

Because he has never actually made the club pay the rent and said he never will the item on the balance sheet doesn't really mean anything at the moment.

agreed - "it doesn't really mean anything"
However when he sells it's a different kettle of fish as the debt is there on the balance sheet and will need to be paid by any new owner because you can rest assured that Ron will charge someone else that money even if he never intends to charge it whilst he owns the club.

yeah but - no properly advised businessman will fall for RM trying to charge them for some piece of fantasy accounting

Having said that, I would imagine that any new owner will argue that with Ron, and probably come to some kind of compromise, or at least I would hope so.

this is the big true thing ... and when you are completely skint you compromise at lot ... I hope the new owners get the club for a VERY sensible price and keep the rest of their budget for the new era

Hurrah hurrah hurrah ..

Any other well known East Londoners we can link with a takeover? Jack the Ripper?
Now it's funny you should mention "Saucy Jack" because I have a feeling that all this new owner speculation might end up a bit like the Jack the Ripper myth. So many people imagine/want Jack to have been some well known and important public figure but in all likelihood was probably just some nondescript, unknown nonentity who lived in the locality.

Similarly, many on here are anticipating a big name new owner with vast swathes of cash and influence when it will more probably turn out to be someone pretty obscure and little known, without oodles of cash.

Only I can see one thing happening we don’t settle hmrc debt and Ron Martin is still Southend owner please god tell me I’ll wrong come July 12th

Exactly… and not Nash no unfortunately
How would you have any idea who the buyer or buyers are, when its NOT been made public. knowledge.

Outside of Ron, Tom, the directors of the club and the selling agency no one has a clue who the buyer or buyers are.

If your going to say something like that then at least back it up with some factual Evidence.

How would you have any idea who the buyer or buyers are, when its NOT been made public. knowledge.

Outside of Ron, Tom, the directors of the club and the selling agency no one has a clue who the buyer or buyers are.

If your going to say something like that then at least back it up with some factual Evidence.

And the buyers, Ron’s solicitors, the buyer’s solicitors, the buyers’ financiers/accountants. And anyone they talk to. There may be NDAs but things get out.

Plus plenty of people who aren’t directly involved know non-public info. Mr Brown’s Ghost has a track record of knowing his stuff.

Some of our lives don't revolve around this forum young man and with the high rollers CS Cockles (MBG) rubs shoulders with I'm pretty sure he's onto something.

Now stop this horseplay, and let those who do have an idea share, otherwise they just won't bother and we'll all be in the dark until Ron decides to finally sell.

I wouldn’t be so sure of that.

What “factual evidence” would you like? Text messages/WhatsApp’s/emails?

People with information like this aren’t able to give “factual evidence”. You can either believe it, or not.

There are a few genuine ITK on here. There are some that use bits of information from others and claims it’s “their” information, and people that like to claim things without any evidence. The vast majority on here aren’t ITK. The more posts like this will lead to fewer and fewer genuine ITK posts.

Friend spoke to a businessman in Vegas last month, confirmed he was an interested party. Has a stake in palace and real salt lake. Don’t know whether he’s still in the running, but suggested an asset stripping exercise. I laughed and told my friend he’d be lucky to get any assets at Southend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back