• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not forget 2000 fans did renew there season tickets 👏👏and hopefully more fans will over the next few months, they have done there bit to keep this club from going to the wall..👏👏👏👏
I think those that renewed their season cards have actually done more harm than good in my opinion.

If everyone had boycotted and delayed renewing then it would force Ron to sell a lot quicker to the right buyer. By giving him your money it just means he’s got more money to continue our misery and delay a possible sale for longer i’m afraid.

We had average crowds of nearly 6,000 last season and the last game there was 8,500 and yet staff still aren’t getting paid so 2,000 season card renewals won’t get staff paid, it will just pay off HMRC and Ron’s legal fees

Last edited:
I think those that renewed their season cards have actually done more harm than good in my opinion.

If everyone had boycotted and delayed renewing then it would force Ron to sell a lot quicker to the right buyer. By giving him your money it just means he’s got more money to continue and our misery and delay a possible sale for longer i’m afraid.

We had average crowds of nearly 6,000 last season and the last game there was 8,500 and yet staff still aren’t getting paid so 2,000 season card renewals won’t get staff paid, it will just pay off HMRC and Ron’s legal fees
And I think it's wrong to judge those that renewed, just as much as it would be to judge those that didn't renew. Let people do what they want.

If everyone had boycotted and delayed renewing then it would force Ron to sell a lot quicker to the right buyer. By giving him your money it just means he’s got more money to continue and our misery and delay a possible sale for longer i’m afraid.

I suspect if time was significantly more urgent it would increase the chances of selling to the wrong buyer.

The club is up for sale - quicker than many of us thought (personally I thought once the stadium was built he'd exit) - be happy with that.

So you want to play games with the fate of our club and see who blinks first.

Really, well sorry i and many others are not prepare to do that, all clubs outside the Prem need season ticket money to survive during the summer months this club is no different.

You see this club isn't called Ron United, its called Southend United with a proud history and it was here long before Ron Martin turned up and it will be here long after he is gone and if 2000 of us care enough to make that happen then that is a good thing in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back