• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you want to play games with the fate of our club and see who blinks first.

Really, well sorry i and many others are not prepare to do that, all clubs outside the Prem need season ticket money to survive during the summer months this club is no different.

You see this club isn't called Ron United, its called Southend United with a proud history and it was here long before Ron Martin turned up and it will be here long after he is gone and if 2000 of us care enough to make that happen then that is a good thing in my book.
And if you think that money is going on any staff wages or helping the club then you’re deluded.

We had one of the highest average gates in the NL last season, yet we have been under a transfer embargo most of last season, was served two winding up orders in as many months and can’t pay staff wages.

Yet clubs in the NL with less than half our attendances, keep up with their payments, pay their staff on time, aren’t under transfer embargo’s and aren’t in court every other month.

It’s really not rocket science is it

Last edited:
So you want to play games with the fate of our club and see who blinks first.

Really, well sorry i and many others are not prepare to do that, all clubs outside the Prem need season ticket money to survive during the summer months this club is no different.
I've said it before. I've no problem with the club using my season ticket money to get through the summer. It's to be expected and it's the same at every other club.

Unfortunately, that won't be happening.

The season is barely over and the money from season ticket sales is pretty much gone. Summer hasn't even started. The extra revenue that would have been generated by 1,000 more season tickets sales would likely be gone by now too.

Gross. Financial. Mismanagement.

Last edited:
I’ve personally not heard anything to suggest a sale is “close” over the last few days. Interest yes, talks yes, but a deal almost done, not yet…

Doesn’t mean that’s the case of course. Fingers crossed it is close. But unlikely at this stage I believe.

Accurate Info will be very hard to come by in these situations. So treat every rumour with caution, including what I’ve said.

Hopefully soon this nightmare will be over and we can look forward to next season with renewed hope and optimism.

View attachment 26336
Would guess this is what has started the rumours.

Or, as these have before and Simply Shrimpers also have, they’ve stolen what gets posted on here and pass them off as their own information.

I’ve stated where we are at before, I’ve not heard anything else to suggest we are further down the road as yet.

Oh dear, that's a drag. Let's hope you hear something positive this week BW2 (and not just an adjournment on Wednesfay).

Not necessarily, these things take time. I didn’t expect the financial Those words are banned to happen overnight. I’ve stayed clear of it, most of it goes over my head, but they will obviously have experts in this field going through it.

It’ll take time.

I don’t want any adjournment type of news, as I rather it’s be over with it, one way, to settle everything at the court. As I don’t want us to wait for another court date & get dragged on to June etc.

I don’t want any adjournment type of news, as I rather it’s be over with it, one way, to settle everything at the court. As I don’t want us to wait for another court date & get dragged on to June etc.

The only thing that can be settled in court are

We pay (we won't. We don't have the money)

We postpone due to showing evidence of a buyer in progress.

We go bust.

So if its getting sorted on the day then it will likely be bust. No sure anyone wants that.

Not necessarily, these things take time. I didn’t expect the financial Those words are banned to happen overnight. I’ve stayed clear of it, most of it goes over my head, but they will obviously have experts in this field going through it.

It’ll take time.
The financial Those words are banned will be a case study for University students in years to come. It's going to be an absolute mess.

I’ve personally not heard anything to suggest a sale is “close” over the last few days. Interest yes, talks yes, but a deal almost done, not yet…

Doesn’t mean that’s the case of course. Fingers crossed it is close. But unlikely at this stage I believe.

Accurate Info will be very hard to come by in these situations. So treat every rumour with caution, including what I’ve said.

Hopefully soon this nightmare will be over and we can look forward to next season with renewed hope and optimism.
Personally I'd be much happier listening to what you have to say than a twitter account I don't know anything about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back