• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per TL two years’ accounts are still outstanding, a third year will soon be due. The auditor has been instructed to remedy this position ASAP – end of May is targeted for July 20 and 21.

Any normal person who doesn't pay tax gets a swift visit from authorities.

But if you're a director and chairman of a major community asset and **** about HMRC with late payments for years on end it's fine... makes sense doesn't it

Which comes with fines, excessive audit fees, legal fees and interest.

Another example of Ron wasting your season ticket money. #ronsacrook
Don't panic, he is paying the wages with the season ticket money and is then drop a few quid in at the local YMCA so a few homeless individuals can eat well for the next month or so.

We have been far too accepting of this cretin for a while now and I include myself in that bracket but surely the penny must have dropped now for most of us in regards to where this money is going!.

I highly doubt that the sale of 2k season cards will stop us going to the wall.

We would need to shift 15k to make a small dent

At the moment it’s about surviving until the takeover rather than paying it all off. It’s made Tom’s job harder and his job must have been difficult in the first place with Ron as his boss. He had a budget of X to see us through to the summer until new owners rescue us and now it’s been reduced by maybe a quarter - all at a time of rapid inflation. No wonder it was such a testy exchange.

And it’s not just about the income we’d directly receive. It can also impact the amount that lenders will lend, the amount/value of sponsorship we can sale, the pitch to new/re-signings. It could even impact whether a sale proceeds or not (this is what they mean by Those words are banned and if it shows that you’ve 3,000 instead of the expected 4,000 season card holders the buyer may withdraw - this is what caused Elon Musk to try and pullout of the Twitter acquisition).

Shrimpers Talk is not a fake account, it’s a legit twitter user, how much truth is in the tweet only they know
Its not a legitimate account. It might not be a parody account but it just scalps off content from others and passes it off as its own without attribution.

As far as I can tell he’s never broken any story so has no sources of its own and just relies on repeating what he’s heard elsewhere with no level of quality control.

Just playing devil's advocate here, what motive would Shrimpers Talk possibly have in making this up?

It’s less about whether they’ve flat out made it up but whether they’ve critically assessed the quality of the source to see if they’ve made it up. This appears to be repeating ‘I overheard a bloke down the pub’ level stuff.

(And a quick wave at Mr ShrimperTalk who must have an account for the amount of things repeated from here)

That’s a criminal offence I thought. With all club directors personally culpable.
Can't comment with any certainty at all on this- I don't know the background. We may not have submitted audited accounts to CH, but for all I know have, nonetheless, submitted CT600 returns and relevant information further to a CT603 notice (in short completed the corporation tax returns supplying the relevant financial information to HMRC). We might not have audited accounts but accounts will have been made up. If late returns were automatically prosecuted in every case there would be 250,000+ prosecutions triggered every year in an overwhelmed justice system...And I suspect if there was a threat of criminal prosecution the audited accounts would have appeared pretty rapidly.

I have read some ridiculous things on this site and also some well researched, thought out and insightful posts by well researched posters.
By a country mile, your post falls top of the list in the former category, well done!!
so you think he dosent have anything to answer for i take it. What he has done to our football club is nothing short of criminal .But obviously you are an RM lover.

Any normal person who doesn't pay tax gets a swift visit from authorities.

But if you're a director and chairman of a major community asset and **** about HMRC with late payments for years on end it's fine... makes sense doesn't it
What do you mean by swift? That they turn up in really fast cars, or that they won't put up for it for long?

Given I know people who have gone years without paying tax before eventually being dealt with, I assume you mean the former.

At the moment it’s about surviving until the takeover rather than paying it all off. It’s made Tom’s job harder and his job must have been difficult in the first place with Ron as his boss. He had a budget of X to see us through to the summer until new owners rescue us and now it’s been reduced by maybe a quarter - all at a time of rapid inflation. No wonder it was such a testy exchange.

And it’s not just about the income we’d directly receive. It can also impact the amount that lenders will lend, the amount/value of sponsorship we can sale, the pitch to new/re-signings. It could even impact whether a sale proceeds or not (this is what they mean by Those words are banned and if it shows that you’ve 3,000 instead of the expected 4,000 season card holders the buyer may withdraw - this is what caused Elon Musk to try and pullout of the Twitter acquisition).

Its not a legitimate account. It might not be a parody account but it just scalps off content from others and passes it off as its own without attribution.

As far as I can tell he’s never broken any story so has no sources of its own and just relies on repeating what he’s heard elsewhere with no level of quality control.

It’s less about whether they’ve flat out made it up but whether they’ve critically assessed the quality of the source to see if they’ve made it up. This appears to be repeating ‘I overheard a bloke down the pub’ level stuff.

(And a quick wave at Mr ShrimperTalk who must have an account for the amount of things repeated from here)

After the way the club has treated fans it would have been folly for them to budget for a similar figure to last year. That again is just really bad management and woeful judging of the feeling of contempt the fans have for the club.

What do you mean by swift? That they turn up in really fast cars, or that they won't put up for it for long?

Given I know people who have gone years without paying tax before eventually being dealt with, I assume you mean the former.
I mean when they turn up, they're not very forgiving to the average person.

But a chairman/director repeatedly fails to fulfil their obligations with a company, and they get away with it time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back